[ORP] That Blasted Lizard....

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Nikola

[ORP] That Blasted Lizard....

Post by Nikola »

Mar 12, 1655
4:00 am Your head hurts and you wake up in an alley. You do not remember drinking last night...
Her eyes fluttered open, then scrunched shut again as the light from a nearby streetlamp sent a jolt of pain through her skull. Keeping her eyes closed, she took a mental inventory of her body, noting a number of scratches, scrapes and bruises but nothing seemed to be broken. At least not at first blush. Carefully she opened her eyes again, squinting against the light that had assaulted her senses only moments before.

Where was she?

Her brow furrowed in a painful frown as she gingerly attempted to push herself up off the ground. She got as far as into a seated position and went still, holding her head as it throbbed so hard it seemed her skull might crack. After a moment the intensity of the pain seemed to lessen enough for her to try looking around. She did not at first recognize where she was, but it seemed she was in an alley which logically meant she must still be in town. Well, in A town, whether Paz or somewhere else she could not yet say. She did not recall having wandered into an alley.

How did she get here?

She tried to remember what had led to her being here in this alley. Her mind drew a complete blank. Maybe she needed to start farther back. She had awakened as usual in her little house in the woods and walked into town after checking her fields and leaving instructions for hiring workers with her steward. In town she went first to the Cathedral to listen to mass, and afterwards dropped by the training yard to do her usual workout. From there she signed up for a class at the University then dropped by the market on her way to the castle to check in at the office. After making sure all mail had been read and answered and everything that could be dealt with had been, she had gone back to the University to attend the class.

Thinking made her head hurt but it had to be done. After class, she... well, here things started to get a little fuzzy. She remembered walking back to the castle to see what needed to be attended to before heading for home. Some nights she never even left, working late into the night and just sleeping in her office. This night had seemed like it might be one of those nights but then...

Memories started flooding back in, confusing and blurring together at first, but it did not take long for all the images and memories of sound and scents to coalesce into one very vivid scene. Ignoring her throbbing head, she pushed herself to her feet where she stood unsteadily, waiting for the dizziness to pass. As she waited, that scene burned in her mind and anger grew to a rage that had her running down the alley, bouncing off the wall every few steps as her equilibrium was still not quite settled. As she rounded the corner at the end of the alley she knew exactly where she was.

A short walk down the street stood the gates of the castle - HER castle - and they were closed. She could still smell the sulfur of his breath as she recalled how he had broken down her door and tossed her unceremoniously out of the castle. How she had come to be so far away she did not know, but she remembered the rest of it now.

Blue eyes flashed golden for a brief instance before she managed to tamp down the rage that threatened to overtake her.
"That blasted lizard..." she muttered through gritted teeth.
Revolt in Bravia - balerion is the new Viceroy!
balerion

Re: [ORP] That Blasted Lizard....

Post by balerion »

Balerion hadn't visited Paz for a good while so he was looking forward to seeing the sights again. Something seemed wrong though as he approached the city gates. Not a single defender was on the walls. He had seen a military encampment of some kind to the east as he approached from the sea, but where were the city guards? Not a single person present to greet a Viceroy of Bravia? How rude.

Strolling through the marketplace Paz looked as it normally did, commerce doing fairly well. The whole place smelled of fish, but that was to be expected with the docks so close by. He approached the town hall and saw a faded notice was posted. "Castle Guards can expect to earn 19f a day! Apply now!" It seemed a terribly low wage for those meant to protect the castle, but what was even stranger was that part of the sign was scratched out. Balerion had heard that the castle had moved from Bravia to Paz, but he hadn't visited it yet. The tattered sign made him think perhaps he should.

The trip from the town hall to the castle wasn't a very long one, at least not for a dragon, and he saw a good number of people that he knew along the way. A few greeted him while a number of others muttered on seeing him and refused to make eye contact. It was to be expected, seeing as how he had moved back to his hometown of Imperius after being so long a Bravian. Some people would only ever see borders on pieces of paper. Others perhaps might not have been pleased at something else entirely, specieism wasn't unheard of.

Along the way he passed the graveyard and saw a new monument. LordBlackHawk had passed away. Balerion approached the site and left a single black rose remembering how BlackHawk had been his very first mentor when he was mayor of Fenia City. It was a very long time ago, but dragons have relatively long memories. It seemed he hadn't been the only one to have visited the site, other such artifacts were strewn around the grave. With a bittersweet smile Balerion cast a small spell to make his rose burn with an internal fire. It would light the area at nighttime to help keep the grave robbers away. Turning back towards the castle he continued along the road wondering just what he would find there.

Just a few minutes passed and Balerion approached the castle doors. He knocked. And waited. And waited some more. Remembering the city walls were completely unmanned he thought perhaps something similar had taken place at the castle so he knocked just a bit harder making the door collapse into a pile of splinters. Absolutely no one was in sight. Not a single guard. How could this be? He made his way towards the Viceregal Chamber wondering with each step where everyone was. When he had been Viceroy a full castle guard had been properly trained. What had taken place to change that? He simply couldn't understand it. Opening the door to the Chamber he saw his old Viceregal throne but it seemed to be covered in cobwebs. Not even the cleaning staff here was doing its job. In a fit of rage he swept his massive tail throwing the throne and a nearby desk out of the west window, not even seeing the person that had been sitting at it.

Who was running the show in Paz these days? Why were there no town or castle defenders? The reasons would make themselves known in time but for the meanwhile he determined to set the castle aright and began yelling for all the servants to assemble themselves. If the guards holding brooms and mops weren't all that imposing at least they would be better than no guards at all.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Johnstone

Post by Johnstone »

Filling up a bag of flour, John looked around....Just 20 more and will have this order done. He had worked through the night and into the next day. He had his steward finish the farming jobs. He grabbed some bread and headed towards town. John stopped in this mayor's chambers to fill out some paperwork and then to the market to check on goods for the viceroy. He next set off for the castle. While walking towards the castle, he could see and smell something was different, something was wrong. The smell of sulfur was in the air. It grew stronger and stronger as he approached. Coming up the west side of the castle, he saw Nikki's Viceregal thrown on the ground. He wondered where the city and castle guards where....where was Nikki....where was the other council members....what is going on.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Since no one came to visit me last night and explain themselves I find the most pressing need to form a council. These are the creatures that I am appointing to keep Bravia running. I understand that some of them might not accept due to fears of reprisal, but let me assure all creatures that establishing this council is only necessary because those who had been in power still haven't had the courage to fight my fearsome army of maids and butlers armed with only mops and brooms. They must be quite intimidating after having no guards to been seen around the castle for so long.

Logo
Aishe
Ssast
Grayson
Alexandria
Marshal
Nocturne
Sebastian
Ambrosia
Shaker of Castles
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Stalking up to what was left of the castle gates, Nikki spied John standing nearby, gaping up in confusion at the ruins. Relief at finding a friendly face brought back the throbbing pain in her head.

“John!” she called out wearily as she drew near, not thinking how she must look with her dress dirty and torn from having been flung through the air, her blonde tresses darkened with blood from the scalp wound from where she had hit her head at some point during the flight or upon landing. The dizziness was mostly gone now, but she still walked a trifle unsteadily.

“John, I’m so glad you are safe,” she told him, genuinely grateful to see that he had not been harmed during the lizard’s impudent takeover of the castle.

Before she could say much more she heard the lizard speak and blanched at the smell of its sulfurous breath. The words angered her even more than she would have ever expected and her hands clenched into tight fists as her whole body shook with rage.

“The arrogance of that snake! His honeyed words are empty save for the bite of his poison,” she spat out between gritted teeth. “I want his head on a spike to decorate the new gates we will build to replace the ones he destroyed. Perhaps we can fortify them with his bones.”
Tolin

Post by Tolin »

Tolin was just coming back from his home in the swamp, using a giant lily pad and a bamboo stick to pole his way through the water and toward the road. He got off the lily pad humming softly to himself, croaking along with the frogs aound him as he went up the trail toward the castle. He always took this route when he was headed to the castle to check up on council duties. Fortunatelly the duty of judge didn't require much work since crime was quite low and no cases were ever braught up. He noticed fire billowing up above the trees and wondered if someone was having a celebration. Bone fires were custom among his people for any kind of celebration. As he got closer to Paz he realized some building within Paz was on fire. A bit alarmed he ran faster, his feet leaving marks in the ground behind him. He gaped up at the smoking castle, its gates laying by the side of the road. His scales flashed white briefly then changed to a blue and purple as he tried to figure out what happened. He then heard the voice from a distance. His scales slowly shifted a deep black and long streaks of red began appearing on his scales looking almost like war paint. He had't been this angry since he was taken from his people. He hissed angrily as the rattler on the end of his tail began to rattle ominously as he stepped into the main hall of the castle, echoeing loudly off the walls. His spinal ridges lifted along his neck and back signifying a aggressive stance as he began to roam around the hall, searching for the intruder. He paused briefly noting the two humans, he tilted his head and asked "You two are alright? I just got here. What has happened?"
balerion

Post by balerion »

The official Interim Bravian Council is as follows:

Viceroy balerion
General Aishe
People's Representative Alexandria
Public Prosecutor Ssast
Judge Marshal
Finance Minister Logo
Mine Minister Grayson
Internal Affairs Minister Nocturne
Councilor Ambrosia
Councilor Sebastian

I will remain Viceroy only so long as it takes for the new council to get properly settled into office. We will strive to be the kind of council Bravia deserves.

Furthermore, I have made Bravia town once again the capital city as is proper.

The last tidbit I have to address is specifically for the former council. Contrary to your reports I haven't been in Cork in months. Nor did I request to run in the latest Fenian RoS. My actions here were soley based upon the fact that you didn't see fit to take proper care of Bravia. Have a lovely day.
Shaker of Castles
Marshal

Post by Marshal »

Sir Dragon,

How exactly am I supposed to hold any office positions within' Bravian soil, if I do not even live within her borders?
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

Probably the same as he does, a Fenian taking over as Viceroy...So long as you're currently in her borders, technically you can serve.
Marshal

Post by Marshal »

That is the thing, I am not within the borders of Bravia, nor did I plan to be anytime soon.