We need to make our viceroyalty the better place to live

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Ramzunius

We need to make our viceroyalty the better place to live

Post by Ramzunius »

That ideas born at discussions inside VR council (where I did few terms). I do not succeed to prove my truth at council, so am looking for support here, at open thread. If more people will be interested (namely, 10), we could make list for elections. In any case, I'm not seeking for any chair, just looking for people having similar view of things. But You can read it as election program...

1. VR could spend some amount of money to stimulate Town's market by buying different items. I am proposing to make some price-list, covering all workshops and spend on it some reasonable sum each month. (while I was Mayor, Finance Minister was buying almost nothing: wood for 6.8f).

2. VR could stimulate roleplay activity by arranging some games and setting up a prize for best roleplay each month. (Currenly People's Representative is doing nothing, and this idea at council meet almost no interest).

3. When making election list, better to distribute chairs in advance and try to use two positions with no offices for Mayors od Bravia and Paz. I understand, that this is not always possible, but it would be ideal to have Mayors at VR council.

I'd like to receive Your opinion, dear Bravians. If someone will agree to lead alternative list supporting this "program", I'll definitely join him.
balerion

Re: We need to make our viceroyalty the better place to live

Post by balerion »

As an old Viceroy even when Cork was a part of Bravia it was hard to get true competing political lists. The first time the Motley Alliance platform was run was to my knowledge the last time that there were two political party lists that were entirely independent of one another. If you want to have a separate list these days it will probably require having place holders of people not actual desiring to hold office or the awkward event that has happened when upper members of one list join the lower ranks of another. Best of luck.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Ambrosia

Post by Ambrosia »

Ramzunius wrote:That ideas born at discussions inside VR council (where I did few terms). I do not succeed to prove my truth at council, so am looking for support here, at open thread. If more people will be interested (namely, 10), we could make list for elections. In any case, I'm not seeking for any chair, just looking for people having similar view of things. But You can read it as election program...

1. VR could spend some amount of money to stimulate Town's market by buying different items. I am proposing to make some price-list, covering all workshops and spend on it some reasonable sum each month. (while I was Mayor, Finance Minister was buying almost nothing: wood for 6.8f).

2. VR could stimulate roleplay activity by arranging some games and setting up a prize for best roleplay each month. (Currenly People's Representative is doing nothing, and this idea at council meet almost no interest).

3. When making election list, better to distribute chairs in advance and try to use two positions with no offices for Mayors od Bravia and Paz. I understand, that this is not always possible, but it would be ideal to have Mayors at VR council.

I'd like to receive Your opinion, dear Bravians. If someone will agree to lead alternative list supporting this "program", I'll definitely join him.
I hope you don't mind my response. Though I would be interested in another list running for council, and I do wish you luck if that is what you want to do. I'm going to go through your points.

1. The VR needs are mainly for livestock & wood. The people themselves should be coordinating what workshop items they wish to buy. Food items are much better to be purchased and eaten,rather than sitting in inventory in my opinion anyway. You were told we could vote on such an idea. Then I never personally heard about it again. ( As for mayoring, in my opinion, you didn't have much patience. I have made almost nine times the profit since I took the office back. )

2. This idea was actually agreed on by most council and was in the works of happening. (Since you are in council, you will take notice that activity hasn't been great. In the absence of one office, and you, just being a councilor at large, could have offered to take over and do something with the position if you wished it. Instead this happens.)

3.Mayors have access to the chambers of the council, most of the time the mayors are on the VR council in previous terms. This is the only term I believe where one of the mayors isn't physically on the council,and that was because the mayor of Paz at the beginning of the term knew she couldn't devote enough time to being on the VR Council itself. So, are you saying that the list itself of ten people agree who the viceroy will be, and whom each position would go to before the list is voted on? In that case, would be a boring and wasteful amount of time when the councilors are given their freedom of choosing who they want for viceroy.
Sister to Dahlia, Zuan, Zhou, & Serafina. RIP Razen & Cara (Trinity)
Great-great-great-great-great granddaughter of Rannek
TY Aishe for the banner!
Ramzunius

Post by Ramzunius »

Thank You for Your answer, lady Ambrosia.

1. I'm not speaking about needs of VR. I'm speaking of overproduction at workshops. There viceroyalty can help, making Bravia and Paz better place to live.

2. "This idea was actually agreed on by most council and was in the works of happening" Sorry, I didn't notice that "happening". My language abilities prevent my from taking over this activity, although I am ready to give all my support with the map or another meshinery, if needed.

3. If I right understand, Mayors are part of VR council as a rule (and not as exception), so this idea is nothing new. And yes, I agree, that it is not necessary to distribute chairs before elections.

Speaking about all this discussion, I need to repeat, that I'm not seeking for power.

I just want to get my ideas (1+2) implemented.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

I do not succeed to prove my truth at council, so am looking for support here, at open thread.
One thing I have learned... When a council does not like your thoughts and ideas, it is usually wasted effort until you find like minded thinking individuals that would like to form a list to run against them to make changes. So yes, you are going about this the right way, in seeking others to run against the current council since you want to make changes they don't. That is your right.

However, not many like change.. and if they think that the ones in charge are doing things that suit them fine, it is hard to find others to make changes.

VR could spend some amount of money to stimulate Town's market by buying different items. I am proposing to make some price-list, covering all workshops and spend on it some reasonable sum each month. (while I was Mayor, Finance Minister was buying almost nothing: wood for 6.8f).
Having previous VR experiences, I know that we did not always buy things all the time. It is an ebb and flow situation. We always needed certain things, but not always. Most items on the market, the VR has no use for. So, sometimes we bought, sometimes we did not. While yes we could have all the time, what then would be done with the items bought that wasn't needed?? VR's trade with other VR's and oversee what towns need, essentially, by communication. If there is not a market for a trade, then they will not buy, nor should they have to. If you think of it in terms of a business, this makes sense. And, as time goes by, things get used up and then there is a need again.

ooc:
The following is OOC, so should be addressed as such, not mixed IC:
VR could stimulate roleplay activity by arranging some games and setting up a prize for best roleplay each month. (Currenly People's Representative is doing nothing, and this idea at council meet almost no interest).

RP is something that -anyone- can initiate, this isn't something that is and should ever be demanded from anyone. If the person wants to participate or not, that is up to them and them alone. If you do not like the (lack of) RP in the forum, you have the power to change it. Expecting someone else to provide you with entertainment isn't how this works. You are your own entertainment. If you want to RP with people, then, RP. ;) VR games that take place for the towns in your VR are always a nice addition, and everyone loves them, however, that does not mean that anyone is forced to participate or RP their involvement.

end ooc:

VR council can have as many council members they like, they only have a list of elected council members that the people vote on. (Because simply that is the number that is the minimum they need in order to even form a council that can be voted in.) It is up to them whether or not Mayors sit in on VR council issues. Most times, mayors already hold a VR position anyways. If you are not holding any VR positions, that is your right, but you may not be included in the VR council chambers. Should there be a place where Mayors communicate with the VR for trades and things? Absolutely, but that doesn't require your accessing the VR Council Chambers.

As to placements for chairs, until the council is in place, there is really no point to assigning chairs. Why? Because if two lists are running, people from both lists will get in. The VR is chosen first and then the chairs are put in place. This would require all lists to list whom they want in what chair before the election takes place, and while this would be ideal, it isn't practical, as the VR in place has no idea what/who will be on the council list when there are more than one list running. When there is only one list running, of course the previous council will have the advantage, however there shouldn't be a requirement for placing chairs before an election. Most times they are lucky to even get any interest and at most it is a stretch to even get people to take seats.

The people themselves should be coordinating what workshop items they wish to buy.
With this, I am going to slightly disagree. This is largely the responsibility of the town mayor to oversee the markets as well as other things that they do, as it is to their advantage to sell and trade with other towns. If we have something in abundance, there may be another town that needs it. When it is noticed that the market is stale (depending on the items), attempts should be made by the mayors to try to get the towns market flowing. This said, if it isn't selling, a seller can always reduce their prices. If a buyer is requesting an item, it isn't unreasonable to expect to pay a bit more for that item if it isn't something, other than basic items, that is being asked for. And finally, if you do not see something, you can always find out who makes the item, and go to them directly to make it.

As to the rest, the rest of the populous that is not involved in VR Council stuffs know nothing of what is or is not discussed there, so to most of us, it means not a lot to only know snippets or what was and was not talked about. I think if he feels that he was not satisfied at how things were going, I am not about to say it is wrong one way or the other how he goes about trying to get a second list up. One think that might be found is if you have no desire to hold a position, you will not likely see many wanting to join your list. People want leadership going into forming a list. Otherwise, you will have the same things happening with the same figure head.