Saint Nikola's Day Wood Event!

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Iris

Saint Nikola's Day Wood Event!

Post by Iris »

Iris carried the announcement to the Inn and prepared to attach it to the Castle gates. After arguing with the Castle Guard (an argument she won hands down, by the way), she talked the taller of them into posting it for her.

"It's for the good of the realm," she told him and he simply grunted a reply and tacked the announcement securely to the Bulletin Board next to the Castle gates.
Saint Nikola is coming to town!!

Rumor has it that on the night of December 24th and into the early morning of the 25th, Saint Nikola will visit Bravia and give gifts to all the good little boys and girls. But how, you ask, can I be sure that I'll be on Saint Nikola's nice list instead of her naughty list? There is hope, even if you have been naughty on more than a few occasions! (Yes, I see you trying to look innocent... but Saint Nikola knows!) But before you write a letter to the far North starting off "Dear Saint Nikola, I can explain!" I have a little secret to share with you.

Saint Nikola loves wood. She really, really, really likes wood a lot. Are you hearing me out there? Wood... lots of it... tall wood, short wood, oak, teak, maple, she wants it all! And if there is a sure way to attract the attention of the Gift Giver and her magic sleigh full of presents, it is to honor her with her very favorite gift in all the world (chocolate is a close second). So sell your bushels of wood on the market tagged for your mayor at 7F (as it turns out seven is her lucky number). Your mayor will track all of your gifts and then pass on news that is sure to brighten St. Nikola's countenance. Who knows how she may reward you?

So what do you want for Saint Nikola’s Day? Here’s your chance to get that one gift you’ve always wanted but didn’t think you’d ever get, Bravia! Write your letters here to Saint Nikola and get out there chopping in the forests! The more wood you bring her, the higher your chances are of getting what you ask for!

The contest event will run through December 25th so get out there and stop chopping those trees!
Stepping back to check his handiwork, she made him move it a hair to the left, then down just a smidge before he had it placed to her satisfaction. Brushing imaginary dust from her hands, she smiled primly and wandered back into the castle to see what other duties her Ladyship might have for her to accomplish before she could return to the Ballentyne estate back in Paz where her real work was waiting for her. She chuckled, wondering whether St Nikola would get to be the generous elf or the evil tyrant to the citizens of Bravia Province this season.
Quixote

Re: Saint Nikola's Day Wood Event!

Post by Quixote »

Quixote clanked by in his plate mail trying to organize the mine reports by shuffling them from gauntlet to gauntlet, it was a tough job. He didn't want to be late with his report again and as he approached the castle gates he paused, took a deep breath and lifted his visor to better see the reports. He lifted his eyes to the sky as if in prayer and that's when he saw it -- the notice about Saint Nikola's Day. He read it and read it again; his excitement mounting all the while. So it was true! All the stories his mother had told him about Saint Nikola were actual fact; he hadn't been so sure after the Great Pumpkin debacle, but now his faith was restored.

The mine report could wait! He rushed home and got out a fresh sheet of parchment, quill and ink.

My dearest and most wonderfulest Saint Nikola,

I have been a good knight all year.

"No, no, it sounds to forward and familiar," he thought to himself as he scratched it out and tried again

Dear Saint Nikola,

How are you? I am fine. I was hoping to get a new lance this year so I could do more chivalrous deeds.

He stared down at the words. "Stupid, stupid, stupid... this will never do."

Crumpling up the parchment he shot for the trash can and almost made it. He laid out a fresh sheet, and put his quill to his lips. He had a revelation! "Bah, ink tastes awful." It would be a long night of struggle for Quixote.
SaintNikola

Post by SaintNikola »

Saint Nikola wanders in and peeks over Quixote's shoulder. She smiles, remembering many of the chivalrous deeds done throughout the year by this very knight. "A new lance?" she thinks, pursing her lips thoughtfully. "I wonder how many bushels of wood he can bring me for such a thing as that?"

Grinning as an idea occurs to her, she skips off into the night, wondering who else might be brave enough to face down the forests of Bravia to bring wood to the VR. Many rewards await those who toil in the forests.

As she disappears into the shadows, a comet appears on the horizon, writing a message in bold letters across the night sky.

Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikki is in her office at the castle when a package is delivered with a request for delivery to Quixote, her Knight Errant and current Mines Supervisor. She is puzzled until she sees who the package is from and smiles. After a visit to the VR inventory to check supplies, she delivers the oddly shaped box to Quixote's office along with a note from her office.
My Dear Quixote,

Saint Nikola had this box shipped to the castle to be delivered to you. Her note says the contents is your reward for supplying so much wood for the VR. I am also including a gift certificate for any item of your choosing that currently is held in the VR Inventory. Just submit the certificate to Finance Minister Lum for redemption.

Thank you for all your help, and of course, the wood! Saint Nikola appears to be quite pleased indeed!

Your Vicerine,

Nikki
Tucked inside the envelope with her note, Quixote will also find this gift certificate.
Gift Certificate

Entitles the Bearer Named Herein to One (1) Item of Their Choice from the Viceroyalty Inventory.

Certificate must be submitted to the Finance Minister for Redemption on or before the last day of January 1657 to be honored as valid.
Recipient: Quixote

Purpose: Reward for gathering wood for the Viceroyalty of Bravia

I hereby approve this transaction on behalf of the Province of Bravia.

After leaving the package and the note, Nikki returns to her office wondering who else will be receiving special gifts from Saint Nikola this season.
Johnstone

Post by Johnstone »

Sprak---7 bushels of wood.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Gift Certificate

Entitles the Bearer Named Herein to One (1) Item of Their Choice from the Viceroyalty Inventory.

Certificate must be submitted to the Finance Minister for Redemption on or before the last day of January 1657 to be honored as valid.
Recipient: Sprak

Purpose: Reward for gathering wood for the Viceroyalty of Bravia

I hereby approve this transaction on behalf of the Province of Bravia.