Re: Public Prosecutor Office: Crime Reports/Court Business Only

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

Not that I ought to defend myself to someone who has spent all week breaking the laws, however -

The buy back program was on from Ophelia. I left it on for all non-animal fields (except Klah). You can see that some of the fields Ophelia bought and sold to the TH were later bought when some people moved in or leveled up. (There were like five or six wheat fields events that involved her.)

It is true that before my term, fields sold to the TH at 250f. I raised it to 300f at the beginning of my term in an attempt to help fund moves for residents who desired to leave. (Yes, I know grants are available, but alas many are afraid to ask and would rather find it themselves.) It is also true that the TH is selling fields for 300f, in comparison to the standard 500f for a fresh field. The town profits more than enough from new citizens without needing to make extra cash on a meager field. However, that gives you 200f of wiggle room, if you dislike the price mayor.

You are showing events that are "incriminating" while leaving out the whole picture.

- Aishe E. Sanchari -
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

"You do forget that immigration grants cover the full cost of the field for the newcomers, then Aishe, and could be applied for on the behalf of the newer person, you could take them the paperwork and have them fill it out, then take it to the office." He laughs softly, "Well, if I have to defend myself from someone who's spent all week breaking laws, I suppose that's fair. The point is that now, both of us can have our days in court, and truth will come out. I appreciate your admission that you're guilty of raising the prices to benefit your own friends and yourself in selling fields, however. There are no sales beyond your own, which does look incriminating."
Aishe wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:59 pm It is true that before my term, fields sold to the TH at 250f. I raised it to 300f at the beginning of my term in an attempt to help fund moves for residents who desired to leave.
He shook his head, "The program is back to being currently off, as it can cause immense drain on TH resources in a short amount of time, and lest you forget the purpose of the program is to incentivize people to move to Bravia with the cheaper priced fields for sale, not to encourage them to move out by raising the buying rates, so I'll explain that simple economic principle. And you can explain to the judge how it's okay for you to bump up the program conveniently when you and these people wanted to buy. I'm neither prosecutor nor judge, I just present the facts."
Mallory

Re: Discussion with Council

Post by Mallory »

Excuse, me? But I have a question and I am not sure where else to address it but to the PP. Would there be charges filed against the gentleman who revolted and had folks like me help without knowing? I know some have said it was legal, but the VR laws, at least the ones shown in the discussion seem to say a revolter needs Viceroy and council permissions and I have yet to see proof of either. Yet I can prove I was used to revolt, and I did not consent to that use, not did I know I could be turned from my choose task.

My evidence: https://gyazo.com/8419d2b06fcb3ce5cdf2b8faa2acd310
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

If you look to the public prosecutor's office, you'll see they've already been filed, as well as the charges against Aishe, which have actual evidence with them. Thanks for asking, and do please keep an eye on the courthouse and you can watch as the cases come to trial.

Here's where you're seeking *motions to the PP office* (( viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6701&start=50 ))
Akos

Post by Akos »

Akos laughs loudly at the absurdity of it all. Where is this vote in council? I certainly saw no sign of it, and given you claim yourself to be a blunt and honest nether beast I am utterly surprised by this lack of honesty.

It is growing more apparent with every attack you make against my wife, and now for some unfathomable reason, me, that you have decided to take all of this to a very petty level.

When I myself moved from Paz to Bravia City in March, the mayor happily offered to buy back my field, paying 400f for it. This was done for a citizen that was LEAVING town, so that sets a viceregal precedent in that regards. Further, and most importantly, the field buyback price was raised at the beginning of Aishe's term, when YOU were still sheriff. Where were your complaints then? You charge only has merit if Aishe had specifically raised the buyback price in order to benefit her family. If she had raised the buyback price on the day these fields were sold to the TH you might have a case, but once again - just as with all of your other charges against her - you do not.

Charge away good sir, for I have a far better handle on the laws and look forward to the day I get to decimate every one of your arguments in front of the judge. If you can actually find a judge that is, after the extreme damage your actions have had upon the council. Trust has been lost, patience has been lost, and as you may have noticed, a number citizens have also lost their trust in you and your word.
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

Simply put, the sheriff sees logs of the sales, of which there were mysteriously none during my time as sheriff to thus notice. Only the mayor sees the buyback program and prices, so perhaps research some Miss All-Knowing, before you object too profusely But carry on, yet ever more amusing is this witch hunt you keep pursuing.

Again, merely facts, not for me to judge, don't worry. I don't place myself above the law, and am awaiting my time.
Akos

Post by Akos »

So what you are saying then is that as Sheriff there was no way for me to have been able to see set prices and so on until AFTER the sales occurred.

Thank you for the excellent defense against your own charges against me.

Now we have that particular nonsense sorted, shall we discuss again how you have in fact placed yourself above the law by revolting in the first place?

Nah, I think at this point in time I am wasting my breath in pointing out all of the legal elements the apply. Laws that were written before my time. Such a shame that I read in order to advance my knowledge of things. I don't think I'm quite at the all knowing level yet, though I do thank you for the compliment, it's always nice to see that my efforts at self betterment haven't gone unnoticed.
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

Yes, the sheriff sees it, and reports the crime, which you neglected to do, so if that's your defense, that you were neglectful instead of complicit, then so be it, still the crime is done by confession, even. And yes, you are indeed wasting your breath, you should wait for the courts as is protocol. They're welcome to start it now, or at the new council which will be up shortly, I have recused myself from the issue in essence, and simply wait for things to pass now.
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

"Actual evidence? Oh! Do you mean I should give the Public Prosecutor the note showing you revolted, taking others with you? Or have you found that evidence that you were given permission by council and the Viceroy of the time, Varann, I think it was? If you have the proof people have been crying for I will gladly eat crow. Something dated before the revolt, with a council vote, and a Viceroy's permission should be fairly large, perhaps you tucked it into your desk?" With that Mallory scampered off to the other area to which she had been pointed.
Varann

Post by Varann »

. This should there be brought to the attention of the Public Prosecutor whom ever that may be Mallory. it is addtional evidence and they then know to call you as a witness should the require it of you. That is what he is getting at.