(ORP) Quixote to the rescue!!

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Quixote

(ORP) Quixote to the rescue!!

Post by Quixote »

Quixote had heard that there had been a coup against the council of Bravia. He certainly did not have the patience for learning all the particulars about this; he was a man of action! Strapping on his armor and with diamond encrusted sword in hand, he made his way to the castle. He went unchallenged until he got right up to the front door where a single guard stood, halberd in hand. "Stand aside sir!" Quixote ordered, "this castle belongs to the people of Bravia and their elected representatives, not to the snake that has captured it. "Stand aside or I will assume you are with him and desire to share his terrible fate."
Nocturne

Re: (ORP) Quixote to the rescue!!

Post by Nocturne »

While a coup might have been a quite inaccurate word, peasants did tend to take things and drastically run with them the wrong way. Much like how they'd run rampant with rumors of his dear sheepie waiting for Angels and Daimons battling in Surxia, or that Zuan was summoning zombies to defeat his enemies, or even that the golems were going to turn on the peasants again - Those same golems were right now trying to stave off hordes of Xanthareels. Not quite what the doctor ordered, likely.

He heard the commotion from outside, raising an eyebrow as he walked behind parapet and looked over at the one harassing the guard, a slight smile on his face as he recognized the former councilor. "Quixote, long time no see. I assure you, Ricard has guarded the castle gates well before my time here. Should I be made aware of a snake that's captured a castle since the sanctioned revolt? Or was one in it before the revolt that needs a quick execution?" His crimson eyes sparkled in the light, while the shadows that made up his form seemed to shimmer with a metallic reflection. "Do come in, Quixote, have some tea, and tell me of this serpent. Ricard, you can allow access, Quixote has long served diligently."
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Ricard stepped to the side and came to attention, his halberd no longer blocking the way.

"A wise choice," Quixote said though he was now no longer certain of himself. A sanctioned revolt? could the lady doing laundry AND the fellow in the tavern both be mistaken?? It was true that Quixote no longer kept up with affairs in castle. And the one telling him this new information was his friend Nocturne who had been so helpful to him so many times. And yet, Quixote's gears could not switch so rapidly, he remained suspicious. It was though, a terribly hot day, and he wondered if some mischievous creature had tinkered with his armor because it didn't fit the same as it when Quixote had hunted dragons and had glorious adventures. A cup of tea would be nice. He sheathed his sword and decided to accept his old friend's offer of an explanation and made his way towards the ramparts, still wary of an ambush and wondering why the place was so much less busy than he remembered it when he had been a councilor. He heard noises of activity a few times, but did not see a soul.
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

"ummm, hello?" Quixote couldn't tell if Nocturne was there or not. He had found the room with the tea though and it was still steaming so he assumed it was for him. He sat down, poured a cup and waited.
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

(OOC: Sorry for slow replies, this is my busy season at work to go with this fun stuff, haha)

"Right this way, old friend." Nocturne seemed to slip through the cracks of the door as he walked through it, shadows passing through with ease to emerge before Quixote. "The staff is preparing tea as we speak, orange spice and cinnamon blend, or just traditional black if you prefer." He reached back to open the door to the meeting room, standing to the side and motioning Quixote in, "Please, do have a seat and make yourself comfortable. Tell me, what concerns you? I've heard lots of things going around the town myself, but with the Xanthareel infestation and thefts to worry about, I haven't really taken too much time to respond to such ridiculous accusations." Were Quixote to go in, Noct would close the door behind them and go sit across from him, listening.
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Quixote accepted Nocturne's hospitality. He was glad there was no anger being displayed, he accepted the scented tea and his hand went away from the hilt of his sword at last.

"Thank you for seeing me on such short notice," Quixote began, not certain at all if this was the right note. "I had heard rumors that the rightful viceroy had been deposed and another set in his place, a shadowy figure they said. I should have realized it would be you, and that there would be a perfectly logical explanation. There is a perfectly logical explanation isn't there?" Quixote added hopefully.

He sipped his tea and felt a bit ridiculous. Quixote had been known to get himself into some awkward social situations with his brashness and high ideals. He was glad for a chance to get this sorted out.
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

"Quite alright, least I can do for an old friend. The rightful viceroy asked me to revolt to make sure that law was followed and the VR could continue to act, while at the same time, serving as a test to our defenses. When xhe was feeling ill, I did so, that way those of the council who were having troubles at the time could be replaced with those who were active. I'm sorry that such has been a bit of chaos, but then, I'm a creature of it by nature. The Xanthareel threat is a far higher concern at the moment, as the creatures normally bound to the oceans have been invading our towns, stealing items from people and the markets, and weakening city defenses. It was imperative to combat the threat directly, as they are quite powerful with their Electrocute ability.

"I've mailed quite a few people to assuage fears, and I hope the mayors have also communicated such to their people, since both of them were made aware of the sanction of the revolt." He took a sip of tea as well, and a slight nibble from the silver mug. "Knowing your skillset and prowess, Paz might need your aid, as just this day reports had many Xanthareels there visiting. But surely, you had other questions as well, non? By all means, ask away."
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

"I have indeed fought Xanthareels. I got one of the buggers, but did you know that gold conducts electricity? My armor was not really suited for the combat and I am thinking next time a stone axe or bow would be better than a sword, and a wooden lance from horseback best of all."

Quixote sipped his tea and looked down at the herbs swirling in it. He couldn't think of more questions. Nocturne had never lied in all the time he had known him and this explanation satisfied him. Besides, even if Nocturne was lying, Quixote doubted that his sword would avail against an extra-dimensional creature. Quixote didn't know really what Nocturne was exactly, but he knew what he wasn't, and he wasn't flesh and blood that tears open so magnificently with a blade. There was an uncomfortably long pause after which Quixote spoke again, "I am glad that everything is in order. I serve bravia and its leader. As you are the rightful viceroy, you have my loyalty and my blade. I shall re-equip myself to face this new menace. Any advice you might have about that is welcome... your grace."

Jul 25, 1657
5:01 am [Health] A full tummy does wonders. Your new HP is 582 (Fitness level: weak)
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 7] 40993 (Xanthareel) attacked and lacerated you (-150 HP). The Xanthareel used electrocute on you!
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 7] You attacked and grazed 40993 (Xanthareel) (1 HP).
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 6] 40993 (Xanthareel) attacked and wounded you (-94 HP).
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 6] You attacked and grazed 40993 (Xanthareel) (4 HP).
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 5] 40993 (Xanthareel) attacked and lacerated you (-108 HP).
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 5] You attacked and grazed 40993 (Xanthareel) (3 HP).
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 4] 40993 (Xanthareel) attacked and lacerated you (-147 HP).
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 4] You attacked and grazed 40993 (Xanthareel) (1 HP).
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 3] 40993 (Xanthareel) attacked and wounded you (-96 HP).
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 3] You attacked and grazed 40993 (Xanthareel) (4 HP).
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 2] 40993 (Xanthareel) attacked and wounded you (-91 HP). The Xanthareel used electrocute on you!
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 2] You attacked and grazed 40993 (Xanthareel) (1 HP).
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 1] You attacked and lightly wounded 97426 (Xanthareel) (27 HP). You killed them. Rewards: +28.53f (Alignment Change: 0 [1000 to 1000])
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 1] 40993 (Xanthareel) attacked and lacerated you (-164 HP). The Xanthareel used electrocute on you!
Jul 25, 1657
5:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 1] You attacked and grazed 40993 (Xanthareel) (1 HP).
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

Nocturne actually laughed softly, "I haven't used these fancy titles, and I am no grace. I am darkness and chaos, so certainly, please, just call me Noct. I haven't changed, merely acting as a placeholder for the time being and trying to ensure that everything that needs to get done gets done." He pondered at the questions about battling the Xanthareels. "It would seem that having gems embedded in the weaponry causes them to be more efficient against the Xanthareels, and if the handles are insulated by some wool and hide wrapping, it dulls the effects of the electrocute techniques in my experience. I hope this helps. I personally favor a leather armor anyway, so I can't say I've experienced the shock of a more metallic veneer to compare the effects."

Nocturne smiled softly, "As no one had yet put it to vote, I have done so today, so see if the council wishes to go forth with an election despite parts of the elected council being unable to return to duty, it can be made so. Just to put your mind at ease about the state of the election, Bravia has always been a higher standard when it comes to elected officials, and this council is no different. Hopefully the events inspire more lists to run than ever before, because it's certainly brought out more voices than this land has heard in a long time. More voices even than when Rieron's army came in and blatantly attacked our own. What riles up people never ceases to amaze even me." Nocturne paused, listening to the whisper of a shadow by him, and frowning slightly. "It seems the Xanths have launched an attack on some of our mines. Unless you do have pressing questions, my friend, I feel we should get in contact with the General, and see how best to mobilize. I am going to ask if they can report to this chamber, and we can proceed, if you would like to take position along with them?"
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

Noct passed the scroll to the shadows, which had enveloped it and made their way rapidly towards nortad, Darkrose, and Nikola. He took another sip of his tea, "Hopefully the Captains can attend. If not, it might be best to meet up with him if he is busily engaged, and see where we can best use the aid. I think Bravia City's under control currently, and Paz is safe. The mines are likely their next point of attack, and we should be prepared for counters."