Farewell to Bravia

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Nikola

Farewell to Bravia

Post by Nikola »

A messenger arrives from the woodlands deep in the hills of Bravia carrying a letter. Per his instructions, he takes it to the Viceregal Inn and opens it himself, posting it where all who pass by might read. Once his duty is done, he goes on his way.
To the Citizens of the Viceroy of Bravia,

This is my farewell address to Bravia. I have served this province for as long as I can remember. I have loved Bravia and her people as fiercely as anyone can. I have fought for her, and worked alongside many of you to build and defend her. Together we have lived through good times and lean ones. We have seen destruction and rebuilt from the rubble. I have been privileged to work with some very gifted Councilors and willing citizens along the way to see Bravia flourish and thrive. I count it an honor to have led the province through some of these times, both trying and fruitful.

Somewhere along the way, at least for me, we lost our heart. I am not saying that there is no heart left, but the strength of comradery and family has changed, lessened. Perhaps it is just the loss of my own family that has recently arisen to haunt my dreams. Perhaps it is the constant infighting in juxtaposition to the apathy that seems to have invaded this land in general. Likely it is the combination and more. My heart grieves for what has been lost, and I no longer believe I can make a difference here. It is time for others to rise to the challenge and take Bravia into whatever future awaits her.

I believe your current Council has great potential and I trust Morjiana to lead Bravia well as Vicereine. I encourage the people of Bravia to support the Council and to engage with them. Hold them accountable and help them make Bravia strong and proud again.

My time is past and I have chosen to begin a new life in Fenia, under the rule of their King. I have not yet chosen where I will settle, but know that any who come to visit Fenia will be welcome in my home.

Bravia will always live on in my heart even as I seek to embrace my new home in Fenia. I bid you all a fond farewell and wish you all the very best in your endeavors here. Know that I count it an honor and a privilege to have served Bravia over the years. I have learned much from leading and serving here.

Thank you for everything.

Nikola Ballintyne