(ORP) Awake and Come Forth

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Maxx

Re: (ORP) Awake and Come Forth

Post by Maxx »

Maxx spoke to the woman;

I can carry you madam or I can support you while you try to walk. We live on a ship in the harbor as we are building a house. We can take you there. We have a separate cabin for you. Do you know you are in Paz? Do you have any friends here?

Max stood ready to see how he could help the lady. She seemed very weak.
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Morjiana blinked in surprise and relaxed an infinitesimal amount. She was near Paz, so not far from home. She still didn't know how she'd come to be here, but she was more inclined to trust an unknown Bravian than an unknown stranger in some other land.

"I... I think I have friends in Paz." Morjiana hesitated. "I'm not sure. I don't know how long it's been." She let her poor act of independence fall away. "I could use some help," she admitted softly. "I'd be grateful for any help you can offer."

(OOC: Permission to mod Morj as needed for the next post, Maxx, thanks for playing!)
~ Morjiana Sanchari of Chere ~ Seer, Busybody, Matriarch ~
Maxx

Post by Maxx »

Maxx picked her up to carry her, she was very light. he wondered what had happened to her. There was no time for that thought. It was cold and dark. Also he did not like the feel of this place.

Salina, I will carry this lady to our galleon. She will need rest and something to drink. Can you run ahead and get the spare cabin ready?

He carried the woman to the galleon. Hopefully tomorrow they could talk to her more about any friends she had in Paz.
Salina

Post by Salina »

Sal felt worried for the woman and so much grateful that Maxx arrived just on time. She was looking at him, how he supported her and felt releived when the woman did not protest when Maxx took her in his hands. She was so weak to walk.

Yes, i will go ahead to prepare the room, be careful, love.

Sal smiled and when assured that Maxx can transport the woman she ran back to the port. The darkness was broken by the start light and the Moon, and Sal could easy find the way out of the woods. Knowing Maxx is behind made her more confident, more over she could hear the sound of broken woods under his steps in the distance.

Their ship was docked quietly at the port. Usually Sal enjoyed to watch it, it was standing so graseful above the water, loved to follow the movement of the sparkling white seal playing with the winds. This night she entered inside without even to think clearly, was in a hurry to prepare the bed. She was scared, did not know this woman, or what kind of trouble would put her in this situation - locked inside a coffin in the middle of the wood. Shivered again, and shaked her head to not let the bad thought fill her head - was not the right moment for that.

Not long after Maxx arrived and carefully put the woman on the bed...
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Despite her discomfort, Morjiana somehow fell asleep as the strange man carried her off to another strange place. His aura felt similar to Salina's in that Morjiana could sense no imminent danger or reason to believe these creatures would do her harm. She fought against the sleep for a short while, worried that some other creature had lulled her in to such a false sense of security before placing her in the grave, but in the end, she couldn't fight the exhaustion.

When she woke, Morjiana found herself neatly tucked in to bed. The gentle swaying motion she felt took her aback until she recognized the sound of waves lapping against wood, and realized she must be on the boat Salina had spoken of before. She rubbed at her eyes and pushed herself up to sit by leaning against the wall to support her. The dark and cold of the wood felt far away in this warm place, but she had no way of knowing if she was safe yet.
Salina

Post by Salina »

Sal could not sleep that night. She had worrying thoughts. What were those lands? Where they are? How is possible any creature to be that evil to put in coffin a live creature? She was still shivering at the scary image earlier that night in the woods. Cuddled Maxx tightly, staring through the small window of the captain's cabin. It was so quiet. She was feeling Maxx' s breathing, the sky was clear as always right before the dawn.

Quetly kissed Maxx's cheek and dressed, went to prepare a breakfast. She could not forget the woman's face and her weakness. Today, on daylight things would seemed brighter, maybe Sal would try to understand what happened with this woman.

Knocked on the woman's door, and before to wait for reply, carefully opened the door, carrying some bread and cheese in small plate. When enteres, she saw the woman's eyes. She was also awakened, still laying in bed.

Excuse me, miss. I thought you might be feeling hungry?

Sal wanted to ask so many questions, but still was afraid to not scare the woman. I am Salina, recently resettled in those lands. She whispered while moved closer to put the breakfast close to the bed and hoped that could start a conversation. Can i sit for a while?
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

The gentle rocking and peace of the boat were soothing enough that Morjiana had almost fallen asleep again, so she was slightly startled by the quiet knock preceding Salina's entrance.

"I am hungry," Morjiana admitted with her eyes fixed on the plate. "And grateful for your assistance, Salina. Please sit, if you like." Morjiana took a small knife to cut a sliver of cheese, unsure if her stomach would be ready for more than bread. She opened her mouth to introduce herself and found she could not speak. She paused, startled but not yet more fearful, and looked back at the knife in her hand with a memory returning.

She was in another glade, one very remote from this place, in the other realm. Her newly assigned guardian was with her, scolding her. 'You've worked with iron too much, youngling. There's a price to pay for mixing our magic and the skills and magics of your people.'

Morjiana carefully laid the knife back down, took a deep breath, and tried again. Her voice came, weakly, but it came. "I'm Morjiana. I've lived in Bravia for a few years.

"How did you come to find me? Where are we now?"
Salina

Post by Salina »

Sal's eyes were following Morjiana's movements. She seemed starving for long, and Sal stayed quiet to let her have some food before start speaking.

We are in Paz, and you are close to home, miss. smiled lightly, the woman was living near -in Bravia, it would be easy to help her find her relatives, Sal thought.

Are you a human, Morjiana? Since they with Maxx resettle in those lands Salina met so weird and different creatures, that the question if anyone is human or not stopped to sound somehow strange.

Looking deeply in her eyes, Sal whispered:

I cant explain how did i found you. Like invisible power was pushing me to enter into the woods and go right to the place where you were laying. I saw terrible things there. Made a pause, for a second the picture of the laying body and the wooden boards arise in her mind, but she managed to let it go. Desided to not describe those details, as was unside how good Morjiana's memories were. She noticed Morjiana struggled to even talk.

Do you remember what happened in the woods? asked very carefully, quietly, like whisper...
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Of course, Paz, Morjiana thought. I should have remembered that, she told me before. She shook her head a little, as if that would clear her thinking.

"I am human," Morjiana told the girl, smiling slightly at the question. "Through and through for as many generations as my people can count. I have encountered many things that are not human, and aye, been influenced by them, but I am still human. At least so far as I know," she added her smile fading as she thought of the grave again.

"I remember some things," she said softly, in response to the girl's question. "I remember waking up, fighting to be free." She shuddered and reached back, trying to remember before the grave. "It's cloudy, hard to think." She looked around for something to use in a manner similar to her crystal ball. Her eye landed on a small porthole, showing the light of the sun and the clear morning sky. That would suffice. She took a deep breath, fixed her gaze on the glass, and let her thoughts roam freely as her voice became low and halting, describing what she saw.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She had just returned from the temple, where yet again prayer and the powers of light had failed to restore her voice. As if the loss of her voice had not been bad enough, now she found that she was at times translucent, as if she were literally fading from this world. She sat forlornly on the steps of her vardo, not knowing what else she might do to restore herself. The lore of her people had been of no help in restoring her voice and had no wisdom to offer for her growing troubles. Morjiana had tried anyway, practicing any charm or small magic she'd learned or found in the books of her foremothers that she thought might help. None of it made any difference. Her hands faded from view as she studied them, trying to think what else she might do, and she felt tears well up in her eyes.

A wild thought occurred to her. Help me, she thought desperately, and summoning all her will, wisps of light emerged from her unseen fingers to wind through the clearing in which her vardo stood. The breeze stopped and the old trees stood still up to their crowns, as if the entire clearing held its breath along with her. For long moments, nothing more happened, but at last a tall, fair warrior stepped from the shadow of a tree and spoke.

"Why do you call to us, human?" he asked, his tone foreboding.

She faded more as he spoke, his eyes widening as he observed this and the poorly controlled Sidhe light emanating from her. Morjiana sat wordless, knowing that her voice would not come to her now any more than it had in the past weeks.

"Follow me," the warrior said curtly as he turned back to the shadows of the trees.

She scrambled to her feet and stumbled after him, the darkness of the shadow darker than seemed possible. Morjiana followed the warrior's aura, his footsteps too silent to help guide her. After only a moment of impossible darkness, she found herself in a new clearing in a land that she recognized immediately as being one that she had visited before, though only once and not with the blessing of that realm's king. She blinked in the sudden light, softened as it was by the faint mist in the clearing, and looked around cautiously for the warrior, or some other face she knew. She found no one, but a small hut stood where her vardo would have been in her own clearing in her own land. She hesitated, then stepped slowly forward towards the hut, feeling drawn to it by the aura within. It was only when she reached up to knock on the door that she realized she was entirely visible again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I was there for a long time, I think," Morjiana told Salina. "I'm not sure how long."
Salina

Post by Salina »

In the woods? Sal was trying to understand what happened in the woods, but it was not possible Morjiana seemed so confused, and in her eyes Sal could read sadness, fear, but the same time so much braveness.

It was not possible anyone to survive long there, moreover closed in the wooden grave under the ground. Sal stayed quiet, tried to not ask too many questions, as the woman was messed enough. Shivered while was staring in her eyes, it was obvious she is remembering of something. It was getting warmer and lighter outside, Sal decided to open the window more, seeing the woman was looking through it.

Would you like some fresh air? moved quietly, without to wait for the answer to not interrupt Morijana's thoughts, maybe some more strong food and fresh air would affect Morji's condition in good way.

And maybe Maxx can walk to Bravia to try to find your relatives and bring them here? Sal knew Maxx would go to bring anyone who could help the woman, if she had relatives she wanted to contact.