(ORP) Awake and Come Forth

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Morjiana

(ORP) Awake and Come Forth

Post by Morjiana »

(OOC: All welcome. Not really sure where this is going, but felt like putting down the few thoughts I'd had on how Morjiana came back.)

It was dark, which was odd, because usually a little light crept around the curtains over the small windows in her vardo. Morjiana blinked and reached to rub her eyes, only to graze her knuckles against rough wood. She froze, knowing now that something was deeply wrong. She wasn't in her vardo or in a bed at all. She gingerly felt around her to discover rough planks on all sides, her breath becoming short, shallow, and fast as she explored with her fingertips. There was little to explore, her body closely confined by a plain hewn wooden box on all sides that she could reach. She could feel the same rough planks beneath her back.

Morjiana tried to force her breathing to slow. "Hello?" she said, her voice sounding faint to her own ear. "Is anyone there?" she called more loudly. She reached out with her other senses, seeking auras near her, but found nothing. Her breathing threatened to become ragged again, and she willed herself to slow, deep breaths, trying not to picture the air in her box becoming thinner with each breath she drew. I'll wait, she thought, and someone will come. After all, I can't have been here long. Someone will return soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was hard to be patient. Morjiana had no way of knowing how much time had passed, but it had been more than long enough for whoever had put her here to return, if they'd ever had any intention of returning. Her stomach gnawed at her and her limbs ached with enforced stillness. She'd called out periodically, hoping for an answer. All she'd learned was that the sound of her voice was absorbed as if her box was wrapped in something. The longer she had to think on that, the more her fear grew. It was hard to deny that this felt like a coffin, and hard to deny that her coffin was likely buried.

She felt once more around the boards at the sides and top of the coffin, seeking crevices or weaknesses that might let her escape. Just as before, there were none. Morjiana pressed against the boards with all her strength, scrabbling at the cracks between the boards her fingernails. She'd been left here for dead. No one was coming. The panic was rising, and this time she couldn't fight it back.

She finally managed to force one board a little away from the others, resulting in a trickle of dirt that ran over her face and neck. Her panic spiked, and tears she was unaware of mingled with the dirt as they rolled down her face. She pried harder at the loosened board, afraid of what would happen if she managed to break it free, but unable to stop herself. The fear of being trapped and alone in the dark drove her forward, against good sense. She felt a surge of strength and the board shifted a little more. Dirt poured in faster, getting in to her mouth and eyes. The board broke at last and fell over her chest, the weight of the heavy earth bearing down on her quickly now. Morjiana knew she would die here, and desperately tried once more to cry out. Her voice wouldn't come, but a light seeped out of her, dimly at first then quickly growing brighter as it contacted the earth pouring in around her. It culminated in a flash of blinding white light that blew apart the coffin and lifted Morjiana out of the earth. For a second, she hovered in view of the stars and the night sky. Then she fell to the ground in a heap of thin limbs and pale flesh,senseless once more.
~ Morjiana Sanchari of Chere ~ Seer, Busybody, Matriarch ~
Emeria_

Re: (ORP) Awake and Come Forth

Post by Emeria_ »

The night was so quiet... Dark and cold..

The Moon sometimes appeared behind the clouds and casted shadows between the trees. And then again darkness.

She was a shadow too, restless spirit that was wandering in those lands in last months. The energy in the woods was different that night. Em could feel something is hapening, like a soul needs help. Desperate need of help.

Fear.

Loneliness.

Those dark feelings would made her shiver if she has physical form. She knew what to do. Emeria's soul was connected with a human's one. Needed to call Salina here, in the woods and then would return back to the shadows land..
Salina

Post by Salina »

Sal smiled at Maxx in her sweet loving way when went to see the progress of their home build after work. He was working hard to be able to resettle in next month. She could not wait those repairs to over. Kissed him tenderly. They would spend the evening in the boat, he was still busy to finish with the wall painting and Sal decded to go to the port alone, and surprice him with nice dinner in romantic atmosphere. It was getting darker. Cold night. She shivered while was walking on the main street to the port.

More darker, and more cold. Instead of hurry up to return at "Free Spirit" Sal freezed. In her mind she could see the woods, like something was showing her she need to go there. The same woods she was at the campfire, but place she has not been before. A call, she felt needed to follow.

Turned on the street and walked towards the woods. Her steps were careful, she was thinking if Maxx will get worried as she did not have time to warn him where is going. Тhe only sound was the breaking twigs under her feet. The Moon was showing her the way, but it was not only the Moon. Like some power were leading her to the place. It was light now, no clouds and Sal was able to see in distance between the trees. It was the right place. When she moved closer she could recognise a body. Thin body was laying on the ground, exchausted, without to move. It was a woman. Sal moved next to her, to check if she is alive, took her head on her lap and moved the hairs from her face. The place was scary, Sal could see around wooden boards, few were broken, like this woman was tied inside the box. Shivered.

Miss, are you alright? It was the most stupid question she could ask, but it was the first came into her mind. Her fingers were on the woman's throat. She was breathing. At least was alive...
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

The warmth of human touch on the chilled skin of her neck made Morjiana gasp to wakefulness. She scrabbled desperately backwards away from the strange woman. "Who are you? What have you done to me?"

Morjiana looked around wildly, not recognizing the woods, but knowing the stars well enough to judge she wasn't terribly far from home.
Salina

Post by Salina »

Sal could take a breath, knowing the woman is getting better as she opened her eyes.

What have you done to me? she asked with so much scare in her eyes, that Sal shivered. Probably the woman does not remember what happened to her and maybe thinks it is Sal who attacked her. She was weak enough to make Salina scared and need to run from her. That woman needed help and she would help her to reach the town, or even take care of her, is she did not have where to go..

I just found you here, miss. I was passing by and saw you laying on the ground. Do you remember what happened to you?

Moved her hand to her bag and took a bottle with water, tried to wet woman's lips. She was scared that woman will collapse again.

Sal could not explain that woman what powers brought her here, and it was not important, the woman was alive, and she would try to help her.
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

The woman's aura, when Morjiana finally thought to feel for it, seemed gentle and warm, with no hint of danger. A bit of darkness perhaps, but surely less than the darkness that gave Morjiana the powers that were her birthright. Morjiana froze in place, allowing the woman to reach her to offer water, then greedily clutched at the bottle to drink. She coughed and found herself feeling ill, so she stopped drinking, realizing for the first time that perhaps she had been in the grave longer than she thought.

Salina's question forced her to think finally, rather than only react. "I was at home, I think," Morjiana began, but everything seemed hazy and unclear. Her eyes grew wide as she realized she was speaking clearly, in words, an ability that had been abruptly lost to her some months ago. "No. I wasn't at home. I went to a friend, for help with a problem, after the temple wasn't able to help me. I remember being with my friend in his realm for some time, but then nothing after that." She eyed the woman warily, unsure of how much to reveal about her 'friend' and his realm. This woman didn't have the feel of one of the folk of the other realm, but it was hard to tell with the half breeds.

"Who are you? How did you find me?"
Salina

Post by Salina »

I am Salina, miss. A human that recently resettled in this lands. I can feel the magic in the air and i am sure some higher power leaded me here to find you. I .. I .. cant explain what happened, but i needed ....i must come here.. to find you..

Sal stayed quiet for a moment, thoguht what a messy way she was talking and helping the woman to stand up a little as she started to caught from the water, putting aside the bottle. It was not easy to explain how she found herself in the woods and helping this woman.

It seems that you were.. she moved her eyes to the wooden boards, saw the scratches on one of them, showing that the woman was put inside and she fought to open the wooden coffin. The moonlight made the view so scary.. that boards.. who would cause that? Sal trembled, sudeenly felt scared, not because of the woman, but imagined that someone so evil have been here, putting this woman inside the box. She finished her thoughts loud:

Are you able to walk, miss? I think we shoud try to get out of here and move to safer place.

Right now she was not curious to ask the woman what happened, or who could do that to her. The important was them to go away frm that scary place...
Maxx

Post by Maxx »

Maxx finished painting the wall of the house. It was getting too dark to work more. He cleaned up and and set off for their ship, Free Spirit. It had been awhile since Salina had left him. He hurried on his way thinking of what a great cook she is and maybe she would surprise him.

He reached their ship but there were no signs she had come back to the ship. It was dark and lonely. He paced the deck of the ship straining his eyes in the darkness to see if Salina was nearby.

He spoke to himself out loud, She wouldn't be with Cam as he is sailing. Has she gone to visit Sy?

He started walking back towards their house. Half way he felt a breeze against his face. It was not just any breeze, there was a fragrance in the air. He recalled it at once, Emeria, the woman he had met at the welcome camp fire. Something had happened and she became a ghost or spirit. He turned towards the breeze and proceeded into the forest. Emeria was telling him something. It was dark as the moon drifted more often in then out of the clouds. He could hear voices. Salina's voice was one of them. He ran towards the sound.

As he approached he saw Salina assisting a woman. There was fresh dirt spread about and wood planks. Maxx put his arm around Salina.

What has happened here Salina? is this woman ok? Are you ok?
Salina

Post by Salina »

Thank god, Maxx.

Sal sighed in relief when saw Maxx. She would ask him later how he kenw where she was, her thought were chaotic, she wanted to return on the port and leave that woods. Looked in his eyes long enough, to let him know she was ok, only scared.

Moved her eyes to the woman, looked at her eyes and asked, afraid that the woman would refuse their help:

Miss, can we go? Maxx can carry you to our boat, this place is not safe..

Sal would wait her reply, the woman was unstable, scared, weak. She could not run for sure, maybe would collapse and they would bring her at home then, but Salina was afraid to not scare her even more if try to transport her to the ship.
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Morjiana regarded the new arrival with suspicion, knowing him no more than she knew his apparent mate. "I can walk," she said testily. She slowly clambered to her feet, taking her time to be sure she was successful and demonstrating no need of support from the gaje man.

"Where are we and where are you wanting to take me?" Morjiana asked, feeling her legs quiver with the work of holding her up. The left leg collapsed and Morjiana found herself abruptly on the ground again. "Perhaps if I had a walking stick," she said weakly, knowing full well that her debility was too great to allow her to attempt more than a few steps.

(gaje= not Roma)