[RP] For Bravia!

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Dwayberry

[RP] For Bravia!

Post by Dwayberry »

January 21, 1661

The galleon is ready to sail and I spent too much money on a peasant crew willing to round the coast of Kiene in this time of the year. The children are excited and so am I. It was their idea I use my skills for the good of Bravia this time - although I'd argue moving the castle to Paz together with Balerion was also meant for the good of Bravia - and so we'll be sailing to Zion. They have gold mines there, only gold mines, overflowing with gold, or so the rumours say. It's been a while since I've been in Zion and I don't remember the streets being paved with gold, but who knows, perhaps they discovered more gold veins since then. Either way, the plan is to sail to Zion, then travel over land to the gold mines, and take them over in the name of Bravia.
The galleon is a magnificent sight when she’s ready to sail, especially now few others choose to go out to sea. Several locals have gathered on the beach to watch. The children are waving at their little friends, Nutcakes the squirrel sitting on Aldwyn’s shoulder as he often does.
The bystanders don’t know the reason for our trip. They probably assume it’s for a holiday, and that’s alright. It’s a surprise and nobody has to know before the job is done.
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."
Dwayberry

Re: [RP] For Bravia!

Post by Dwayberry »

January 22, 1661

The journey has been going very smoothly so far. The wind is quite strong, but nothing unusual for the time of the year and it only makes us progress fast. We’re now approaching the southern coast of Kiene which is known to be a challenging area, especially in winter, and I can feel it. Especially the waters surrounding sea stacks south of Surien Lupin, or the ‘Creepy Smile Isles’ as they’re known amongst the locals, can be very dangerous, with high waves crashing on the rocks. I have heard many a ship has shipwrecked there during a storm.
And then there are other dangers present on these sea rocks. Sirens, especially a concern when sailing with a mostly male crew. For this occasion, the children and I gathered rocks which we brought on board the ship. I also brought a sling and especially Patience can’t wait to spot some sirens.

The sea was rough, but not enough to not proceed. I soon noticed several sirens on the isles and told the crew to stuff their ears with wool while the children and I got the rocks and sling ready. I must say we had some amazing bonding time over our ‘hit the siren’ game! Unfortunately many of them chose to hide under the water surface after several of their friends or siblings were hit by our rocks. Either way, we managed to navigate the ship safely around the dangerous southern shore. From here it’s all the way north, to Zion.
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."