[ORP] Welcome to the Bravia Fall Festival! (Instructions here)

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
marleen

[ORP] Welcome to the Bravia Fall Festival! (Instructions here)

Post by marleen »

Welcome to the Bravia Fall Festival! (Instructions here)

The Bravia Fall Festival is a semi-infrequent event centered around creativity, socialization, and fun. There are a few different events and we welcome folks to try their hands, paws, fingers, or any other vestigial appendages at having a wonderful few days of entertainment.

EVENT LINE-UP

Here is a list of the events that we have planned, along with the helpers for each event. Because there is so much to do, we don't want you to get tired or fatigued, so we're trying to space out events so there's something new to see when you log in. There is no exact timing of the events, but you can expect a new one within a few days, so that all of the events are available for you to participate in by the end of the month.
The helpers for these events will continue hosting the event at least until the end of the month of October, but might or might not continue on longer on a case-by-case basis as some events might take longer than others. Some events you can still participate in even if the helper is no longer active in the thread, for example, some of the roleplay threads.

PRIZES

It's possible that there may be some in-game prizes for participating in the event (possibly up to 2,000 Pandora Points). But we are hoping that the spirit of competition won't dwarf the spirit of fun. Anyone who participates in any event can claim a participation badge, see below for showing off your swagger!

WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?

Anyone! Whether you live in Bravia or not. Whether you have fingers, fins, or feathers. Whether you prefer chocolate or vanilla or pumpkin-spice in your klah.

WHEN YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKE THE ACTIVITY

If you are loving an activity, feel free to spin off your own in-character roleplay and interact with others, or perhaps a specific individual who is feeding your creative muse.

PARTICIPATION BADGE
We have created a special optional participation badge for you to show off your game! There are 9 leaves, for the 9 activities, and as soon as you have participated in an activity, you can "claim a leaf" showing that you participated. You can put this image in your forum signature as swagger, so all can see your entertainment prowess, for fun, or perhaps for bragging rights. For example, if you participated in 2 activities, you would claim the signature with 2 leaves lit up. Here's what a fully-lit up badge looks like, for someone who participated in all the activities (huzzah!)

To change your forum signature, scroll to the top of the forum and find your account name, hover or click on that to get to your User Control Panel. Next, click on the Profile tab. Then click on Forum Signature in the options to the left. (Or, you can just click here (go to forum signature)

0 leaves

Code: Select all

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/9E0L1gi.png[/img][/center]
1 leaf

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/jiAmdjJ.png[/img][/center]
2 leaves

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/mXkHNkg.png[/img][/center]
3 leaves

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/N9EUjbp.png[/img][/center]
4 leaves

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/D4L9asM.png[/img][/center]
5 leaves

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bl5Zq2A.png[/img][/center]
6 leaves

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/5apg1Cx.png[/img][/center]
7 leaves

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Buve4nv.png[/img][/center]
8 leaves

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/oX2VfPe.png[/img][/center]
(All) 9 leaves!

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/oYVbGOt.png[/img][/center]

FAQ

Q: I have a question, how do I ask it?
You can reply to this thread, to the individual event thread, or send one of the helpers an in-game message.

Q: I have multiple forum accounts, can I use my other NPCs?
I mean, I guess. Sure, why not.

Q: What if I don't live in Bravia?
That's fine, it's open to anyone.

Q: There are only 9 leafs on the badge, but more than ten events?
We didn't want to pressure anyone to have to complete every single event to get a fully completed badge. If you're not feeling something and you're shooting for that fully lit-up badge, you've got a little wiggle room.

Q: I just started the game, how am I supposed to win against a veteran player?
We tried really hard not to create that sort of situation and we hope that you can enjoy the activities and let it inspire you to keep logging in daily and increasing your stats and meeting those level-up goals!

Q: October has ended, can I still play in these activities?
Some of them you can still participate in even if the helper is no longer hosting the event, and feel free to claim that participation badge. Always always feel free to roleplay with others in branch-off/spin-off roleplay threads.

Q: When will I get my participation badge from my activity's helper?
You pick it up yourself from this thread here. Scroll up a bit, it's right there waiting for you!

OPENING CEREMONY SPEECH

As the sun starts to set, the wind stirs the fragrance of fall blossoms, discarded leaves, and the hearts of many Bravian and non-Bravian citizens. A Bravian creature stands from the back of the crowd and makes their way to the front of the procession, holding some tattered cards with hand-written notes....
Last edited by marleen on Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
marleen

Re: Welcome to the Bravia Fall Festival! (Instructions here)

Post by marleen »

Many citizens of Bravia, as well as some from other locations mill about expectantly, waiting for the event to start, but feeling uncertain at what the hold up is. Marleen glances around and feels likewise uncertain, but then remembers that she is a part of the committee, and approaches the stand in the center of the gathering.

Slowly weaving through the crowd, she spots that a large hog is trotting through the crowd happily, waggling it's curly-q tail whenever it spots a scrap of roasted vegetable on the ground. It has a number on its back.

Marleen purses her lips but tries to concentrate on the task at hand.

"Citizens and non-citize-...", but there appears to be something in her throat. She starts coughing, turns red with embarrassment, and tries to disappear into the crowd as if nothing ever happened.
Mateo_Umia

Post by Mateo_Umia »

Mateo glances up from his notes and looks up at the now a rather large crowd that has gathered for the festival. Standing just a bit away from the center stand he waits for the festivities to begin and his turn to be introduced. He isn't generally nervous about public speaking but can't help feel a bit of anxiety about this occasion. It's been a long time since Bravia has held such an event and everyone has been working so hard to plan it. He wants so much for the event to go well and for everyone to enjoy themselves. This would be the first time Mateo would be serving as the Republic's Viceroy during such an event too which naturally would be on anyone's mind.

While he's waiting he notices one of the rather plump racing hogs wandering through the crowd enjoying the scraps that have fallen to the ground from the festival-goers. He wonders how he got loose from the pens. He turns to his aide who is chatting with one of the castle guards. "Jeffrey, could you find one of Katie's race helpers and let them know one of the hogs has gotten loose please." Jeffrey acknowledged the Viceroy and began wading through the crowd as quickly as he could towards the direction of the racing event.

Marleen walks up to the center stand and begins her opening address to the crowd but appears to have some trouble and runs off. Mateo stands there for a brief moment in shock then quickly turns to one of the guards and points in the direction Marleen ran off and with a raised but calm voice says, "Make sure she's alright please". The guard runs off in the same direction. Sounds of gasping from the crowd could be heard, and much chatter between each other about what they just witnessed could be heard. Mateo adjusts his shirt and collects his thoughts for a moment. Then, he turns and walks up to the stand and begins his speech.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may you draw your gaze this way and give me the honor of your attention please.
*The crowd begins to quiet down.*
I'm sure she will be just fine we've sent someone to check on her.
Since we didn't quite make it to introductions that was Marleen Xylandria one of your lovely festival hosts and organizers.

*raises hands and claps encouraging the crowd to do the same*
*after a brief pause chuckles a bit to lighten the mood*
I guess that means I get to introduce myself today.
I'm Mateo Umia, Viceroy of this fine Republic of Bravia and Mayor of the town of Paz.
Welcome Citizens to your Fall Festival and to any guests we may have that have traveled to our lands!
It is such an honor to see so many gather here for these festivities, this is a fine turnout.
I've had the pleasure to chat with so many today from each of our seven towns as they have arrived.
The inns are packed and campsites at the nearby festival village are aplenty, it truly is exciting.
The festival committee has so much planned for you these coming days, young and old there is something for everyone.

*a bit of commotion is developing off to one side not far from the last spot Mateo saw the racing hog*
I promise you one thing there will be fun and excitement had by all.
*by now there is some screaming and people running*
*Mateo raises his voice a bit more while looking around trying to figure out what is going on*

Be sure to check the various boards posted around the festival sites for schedule details.
The racing hog can now be clearly seen charging through the crowd. He must have been spooked. Clearly, Jeffrey didn't make it to his destination or at least the helpers didn't make it back here in time. Of course, no one could have predicted something like this would have happened either. The hog's squeal pierces through the air as people are running in every which direction.
Mateo turns to the remaining guards nearby, and sharply says, "Help me catch that hog before anyone is hurt!" They all run off towards the direction of the rampaging hog.
Mateo "Lifesaver" Umia
Finance Minister, Republic of Bravia
Mayor and Mentor of Paz

ImageImage
Katie

Post by Katie »

A steady gentle breeze swept across the picturesque Autumn Square of Bravia City. Colorful Fall leaves 🍂🍁🍃 were dancing with the wind to nature's melody as the sun shone brightly across the sky on such a fine mid morning. It was going to be the perfect opening day for the Fall Festival Katie mused as she strolled toward the center of town where people were gathering.

Glancing to her left, she made note of some peasants already enjoying their pet show. Off to the right, some gypsies had set up their wagon with a sign which stated boldly: ~~ Vadoma's Crystal Ball Never Lies! Get your reading for a small fee! ~~ She had to be the woman wearing brightly colored clothes donning a flashy belt with various sizes and shapes of gold and silver medalions which dangled down her waist and hips from the belt most impressively.. Other than her bold, bright ruby lips and cheeks, Katie was intrigued by the woman. Perhaps Katie would pay the woman a visit before the Festival came to a close, she thought. Then she smirked thinking she can be such a sucker!!

Horace, Katie's steward, brought Katie back to matters at hand.
"Miss Katie, I believe one of the pigs is stirring things up by the stage at the center of town. A peasant boy just ran past us telling me that is why there is such a commotion up ahead!"

Jolted into reality, Katie picked up her pace to match Horace's. "Horace, I don't have a harness nor rope nor a bucket of corn to catch it." Her steward left her behind as he sprinted toward all the hubbub.

As Katie advanced toward the stage Horace was simultaneously feeding Arnold Ziffel an apple and slipping Horace's belt around Arnold's neck by the stage steps.
"Please don't strangle the pig" she gasped!

Horace nodded his head slightly in disgust as he muttered under his breath.... "Drama Queen".
"I'll wait til I'm good -n- hungry to do that, Miss Katie!"
banner by Aida j'Otun
TwoB

Post by TwoB »

TwoB looked around and noticed the pig flying through. She shook her head slowly. "I wonder if the pig is looking for an apple. I have heard that they like apples...," she muttered a little too loudly. She looked over at a peasant and asked them to find apples. The peasant looked a bit confused, but shrugged their shoulders and walked to search for some.

She smiled at the people in attendance and was glad to see some familiar faces. She was happy for the fall weather to come.
A binary proposition is much easier to deal with than the minute spectrum of color
Mateo_Umia

Post by Mateo_Umia »

As Mateo and the guards run towards the chaos they see Katie and someone struggling with the pig.
"Oh Katie its so good to see you, everything has gone a bit sideways!" declared Mateo.
Mateo motioned for the guards with him to assist the individual struggling with the pig. He noticed TwoB walking in their direction with another peasant by her side with an arm full of apples, and waved them over. "I'm glad you are here TwoB I was just about to update Katie on what happened at the opening ceremonies.", Mateo told her.

Mateo continued, "Marleen started the opening ceremony as planned but appeared to choke a bit after only getting a few words out and was coughing, she was red as a beet and ran off the stage! I sent a guard after her to make sure she was alright but alas that's all I know so far. I planned to check on them after I gave my speech but then this chaos ensued. I had seen the pig wandering around but he wasn't causing any fuss. Just eating tasty scraps folks had dropped. I asked Jeffrey my aide to go find one of your helpers, Katie, at the races but I don't think he made it in time. Something must have happened to spook the poor pig. While I was giving my speech there was some commotion beginning then you heard a loud sequel from the pig and it began to rampage through the crowd. People began to run every which direction. I was afraid someone would get hurt so the guards and I ran over here to try and catch the pig. *chuckling a bit* I'm not really sure how we were going to accomplish that though we don't have any rope or food but I was hoping we could at least maybe corner it and prevent any injuries."
Mateo "Lifesaver" Umia
Finance Minister, Republic of Bravia
Mayor and Mentor of Paz

ImageImage
Katie

Post by Katie »

Katie listened intently to every word Mateo spoke even though there was still some excitement and confusion in their proximity.

"Hey there, TwoB and Mateo. I will say a quick word or two to the festival goers as Horace, my steward, carries Arnold Ziffel back to his pen. Afterward, I will go see if Marleen suffered a little stage fright or what?"

Glancing around Marleen was no where in sight, but her notice board up on the stage was done very professionally. Katie was most impressed and marveled at Marleen's big Fall Festival notice board highlighting the special activities and attractions.

Advancing to the top of the stage Katie then sauntered over to the back corner where she pulled out a big cowbell from a box. She commenced ringing it a few times to get everyone's attention. The crowd simmered down.

Beaming excitedly, she cleared her throat as she placed the cowbell down.
"This is a big thank you to all who have joined us for this Bravia Fall Festival. Without you, this festival would not be fun! This festival is made possible due to the hard work of our team behind the scenes~ TwoB, Marleen(i.g. name: marleen), Alexandria, myself and last but not least Viceroy Mateo_Umia."
"We are all glad you have come to join in the good times and we promise you will in fact have a good time here! If you need any help or have any questions, contact any of us on this team and we shall help you. Marleen has covered the highlights to be featured during The Bravia Fall Festival on her big billboard."
"We have a LOST & FOUND in front of the Sheriff's Office set up for anyone who may lose anything. Go there to see if it has been found."
"Next, we have several outhouses to relieve one's self behind the Sheriff's Office for your convenience. If there is no paper inside the outhouse, use a leaf... It is the biggest problem you will have with those outhouses, I suspect."
"Inside the Sheriff's Office, Deputy Doolittle can be found with his FIRST AID KIT for anyone who needs that sort of help."

"Again, thank you for joining us for this grand occasion! May your time at the festival be a very memorable one! Now let the good times commence!!"
Katie gave the cowbell a few rings then rushed off the stage after putting away the cowbell. She was in hopes of finding Marleen or in hopes of being assured Marleen was now doing fine.
banner by Aida j'Otun
TwoB

Re: [ORP] Welcome to the Bravia Fall Festival! (Instructions here)

Post by TwoB »

"I hope she is okay as well," TwoB said to Mateo and Katie. TwoB watched as Katie addressed the crowd and wondered if the peasant ever found the apples.
A binary proposition is much easier to deal with than the minute spectrum of color
Katie

Re: [ORP] Welcome to the Bravia Fall Festival! (Instructions here)

Post by Katie »

Katie nodded in agreement with Mayor TwoB and then whirled around, rushed back to the stage before the crowd got loud and placed up a small NOTICE for all below Marleen's big sign.
"Although the Festival is Saturday, October 02nd 1661,
the day can end up lasting 2 to 4 weeks. Please make
a mental note and do not become impatient with us.

Thanking you in advance,
The Bravia Fall Festival Committee

Katie left the stage hoping she through.
banner by Aida j'Otun