[ORP] Bravia, Go Fishing!

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
marleen

Re: [ORP] Bravia, Go Fishing!

Post by marleen »

@Elisa

You cast your line and it takes a good long while before you feel a bite. Your hands are starting to cramp up, but at least you caught a fish, and a bait, too! A friendly stranger strikes up a bit of conversation and offers you his old fishing rod, seeing the one you are using isn't ... very good.

1 Image Not So Bad Fishing Rod
+1 fish!
+1 bait!

Code: Select all

1 [img]https://i.imgur.com/6R5SkTN.png[/img] Not So Bad Fishing Rod
tarlynn

Post by tarlynn »

Image INVENTORY
1 Image Bait
1 Image Old Rod
1 Image Really Good Fishing Rod

Image FISH STORAGE ICE BOX
15 Image Fish

Image ACTIONS

I use a piece of bait with my Really Good Fishing Rod
marleen

Post by marleen »

@tarlynn

You load up your bait onto your fishing rod and enjoy the experience of catching 10 fish, and a new bait!

+10 fish
(-1 bait and +1 bait so you still have 1 bait)

You've completed the challenge! I've load your score onto the top scores
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

Elisa wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:36 pm Image INVENTORY
1 Image Bait
1 Image Old Rod

1 Image Fish

Image ACTIONS

I use a piece of bait with my Not so Bad Fishing Rod
Elisa had seen the fishing and thought she'd have a go as well. It was just holding the stick in the water right? how difficult could it be? runs out more then she thought, it took quite a while before she had any luck at all. The fish didn't seem to want to be caught, it was putting up quite a struggle. Pulling it in was made more difficult by her hands starting to hurt from holding the rod in the same position for a long time. The added pull from the fish didn't help in this regard. As the fish was pulled in a man she didn't know came up to her. He seemed friendly, and luckily he turned out to be very friendly indeed. He'd seen her struggle getting the fish in and offered his old fishing rod instead. He didn't need it any more he said, and it would help her bring the fish in more easily. He explained the one she was using wasn't right for her. Perhaps the next fish would be caught more easily with this new rod!
thanks to Aishe for the banner
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

Image INVENTORY
0 Image Bait
1 Image Old Rod

0 Image Fish

Image ACTIONS

I fish using my Pretty Bad Fishing Rod
marleen

Post by marleen »

@Elisa

You place your bait on your new rod and go through the motions again. Soon enough, you feel little tugs on your line, and when you manage to reel it out, you've caught 8 fish! Your last bait is gone, but you found a new bait, too. The friendly stranger tips his hat encouragingly, giving you a little silly eyebrow action as well.

+8 fish
-1 bait , +1 bait (so no change in bait, you still have 1 total bait)

@Mallory

It's a nice time to be out fishing! You cast your Pretty Bad Fishing Rod and wait an uncomfortably long time. As you jiggle your line just a little to check if it still exists, you hear a deep creaking sound and your line goes instantly taught, then the pole itself snaps! Well, you still have your rod handle, perhaps you can throw that at a fish and knock it out, then pick it up with your bare hands? You see a bit of a glimmer, then the creaking again, a big mass of bubbles, and a new fishing pole breaches the surface, floating within easy reach. There's some rotten wood chunks that bubbled up, but never mind that. It's a, it's a ...

1 [img]https://i.imgur.com/6R5SkTN.png[/img] Not So Bad Fishing Rod
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

Image INVENTORY
0 Image Bait
0 Image Old Rod

0 Image Fish

Image ACTIONS

I fish using my Not So Bad Fishing Rod
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

1 Image Bait
1 Image Old Rod

9 Image Fish

Image ACTIONS

I use a piece of bait with my Not so Bad Fishing Rod
Elisa was amazed how much difference this other rod seem to make. It was easer for her to handle. How much of the effect was made by the rod and how much was made by the bait she had found and tried to use as well, she didn't know. What she did know is that the fish came in one after the other now. Fishing was a lot more fun this way! She said goodbye to the friendly stranger that gave her the rod. He did something weird with his eyebrows, it looked funny and made her smile. She hoped it didn't mean anything, because if it did she hadn't understood it.
marleen

Post by marleen »

@Mallory

You cast your line and you see a bit of glimmer in the water where your bobber went. Before you know it, you've got a bite! The battle is tremendous. It takes up nearly all of your strength, all your attention, and all of your fishing skills to keep the line from snapping on this or that in the lake. When you finally, finally get your line back, you realize you haven't caught a fish at all, you've caught a ... living seaweed? You start to pull some of the seaweed away, but even hooked, dragged to shore, and exhausted, the legendary fish still tries to bite you. You see that somehow you had hooked a bait during your cast and that probably contributed to the lucky catch. You're able to recover most of the bait.

+1 bait
+1 Image Legendary Fish

1 [img]https://i.imgur.com/QY4XPRh.png[/img] Legendary Fish

--------------------

@Elisa

You're having a pleasant time catching fish, but you only catch 3 fish this time, and you're able to recover your bait. You also pull up a bit of sea gunk from the bottom of the floor, except there's something shiny in it. Is that... yes it is!

(you still have 1 bait)
+1 really good fishing rod

1 [img]https://i.imgur.com/cpCulkH.png[/img] Really Good Fishing Rod
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

1 Image Bait
1 Image Old Rod
1 Image Really Good Fishing Rod

12 Image Fish

Image ACTIONS

I use a piece of bait with my really good Fishing Rod
The fish were starting to come in more slowly but at least they were still coming in. When pulling up her latest catch however she was a bit surprised. It wasn't a fish at all, it was some for of gunk, eww. As she tried to get it of the rod she noticed something seemed to be stuck in there. when taking it out she was surprised to find a fishing rod, and one that looked really good as well. Why would anybody throw that in the water? She placed the previous rod next to her, thinking she wouldn't need to try and get the gunk off it if she could just use this new rod.