RP - Chronicles of A Vampyr

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Hephastion

RP - Chronicles of A Vampyr

Post by Hephastion »

April 6th 1650

I am sitting in the tavern watching, waiting, the barmaid tries to offer me another Ale but I politely refuse. The night was getting late and I had to feed, finding a vessel in a tavern had its good and bad points but needs must. Eyeing my target I watch as he makes himself ready to leave, a slight stumble indicating he is drunk, but not so drunk he wont be able to walk. The alcohol didnt effect me as much, but the taste of it in their blood was bitter. After the failed spring party in the Town Hall, the death of the waiter had taken the mood out of the evening and had ruined any chance I had of speaking to Wandress. She had to head back to Bravia for urgent business, Joao had been missing for days and the Town was falling into ruin, I couldnt stop her, but it was just another excuse I was probably using for not talking to her.

The door to the tavern opens, bringing me back to my purpose, slinging my cloak over my shoulders, I follow the man out of the door.

Waking the next evening he thinks back on the previous night, the taste of the mans blood still in his mouth, the faint taste of the alcohol still there. Packing his things he decides it was time to stop finding distraction and actually make the time to tell her. Leaving the house he makes his way out of town, the sun just setting behind the hills to the North. A light breeze swirling his cloak around his legs, he looks towards the horizon hoping he can reach Bravia before the sun rises again. Thinking about how he is going to talk to her distracts him from the long walk, he hadnt felt this way for the best part of thirty years, finding a way to bring it up with someone he had only spent a few short months with, and most of those involving either death or running from it.
Hephastion

Re: RP - Chronicles of A Vampyr

Post by Hephastion »

April 7th 1650

The walk was lonely and cold, but I managed to keep on time, glad I arrived before sunrise, it was a clear sky and the stars were beginning to fade in the sky. I met one other traveller making his way towards Paz, he took a wide berth of me though, wasnt quite sure how to react to that. That feeling came back to me when I saw the rooftops and walls of Bravia breaking the horizon, I think ive figured out what it is, but I never got nervous or shy before, why now. Her cottage was just in sight, I pause for a moment wondering if I should wait, it was still early and the chances she would up at this hour were unlikely.

Deciding to take the chance she was awake he makes his way to her cottage, the sun was begining to crown on the horizon and he wouldnt find a room at this hour, stopping for a moment at the gate remembering back to the first time he saw her standing there, wondering if she remembered. Lifting the latch, the gate creaks and squeels as he pushes it open, cringing for a moment, he slips through the gap, pushing it closed again. Walking to the door he lifts the heavy knocker, rapping it gently off the heavy wooden door.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

Woodsmoke filtered through the understory of the trees, obscuring the mossy earth in a haze that swirled around her feet as she walked. The celebration bonfires were already lit? Normally the Clan waited until they were sure the initiate had succeeded, but that only encouraged her. The gods had seen her through; of course the Elders knew that she would return triumphant. Soon the woodsmoke became twinged with the smell of meat, roasting deer or boar for the feasts in her honour. The man attending the spits would need a smack though, he was burning them.

She emerged with a gasp into the clearing where the Clan currently resided. It had been widened several hundred feet; tree trunks sat in sullen ruins, some smouldering still, but most simply shattered into splinters that littered the torn ground. Thin tendrils of smoke rose from small mounds across the field, cracked and broken domes that used to be the Clan's modest dwellings. Her scarf flailed in the air behind her as she sprinted across the field towards the smoke. Wrong. It was all wrong. A log caught her foot and sent her sprawling against the churned up dirt. The Clan always kept the village clean and clear of debris; she turned her head as she pushed herself up on her elbows and cried out in anguish. Charred and stiff, an impossibly thin arm reached out overhead, clutching a burned staff topped with what looked like a blackened sunburst. A raven hopped along the ground towards her confidently, its long ebony beak slightly open with a red string hanging from the corner, stabbing that wicked beak several times at her skull.
Knock knock knock!

Wandress jerked awake with a scream, her arms flailing against her imaginary assailant, her head twisting around, wild-eyed. Her chest heaved with subsiding panic as the veil of sleep lifted, and she found herself alone in her room, no raven to torture her. Pressing her hand against her forehead, she lowered herself back to the pallet; it was still early morning, the sun was not yet forcing its way through the window, but from the look of the sky, it could not be far off. The knocking came again, and she turned her head confusedly, taking a moment to comprehend what the noise was.

Getting to her feet, she headed towards the door with the thick movements of one still half-asleep, pulling a thin robe from a peg on the wall and tugging it around her slender body. Her tail switching nervously behind her, she cracked open the door, holding her robe closed with one hand. Humans had a strange view of nudity, and it had only taken one reaction to teach her that she had to wear some sort of clothing, at all times, when they were about. "Hephastion!" she exclaimed, "What are you...I still have..." She caught herself, giving herself a shake. "What I mean to say is, it is good to see you again. I didn't expect to see you, I...Oh, come in, come in, the sun is coming up," she continued disjointedly, opening the door wider for him and moving aside, inviting him in.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

April 7th 1650 ...

As I wait on her answering the door, I knocked again realising she'll still be asleep. When she eventually answers the door my eyes widen slightly, the gown she is wearing catches my breath, her form beneath barely hidden. Taking a deep breath, I nod and smile as she invites me into the cottage, the familiar sights and smells slowing me down as I take a seat.

As he sits, he takes a look around, the fire dying but still giving off a heat "Im sorry I woke you Wandress, but as you say the sun was coming up, and I didnt much fancy finding a barn or ruined shack to hole up in for the day" giving her a soft smile. Lifting himself from the seat again, he clear the ash and throws some kindling on the fire to resart it "Plus with you being Mayor now, I couldnt exactly leave you alone, so here I am" his feeling for her hiding for the moment, he made his visit out to be about necessity rather than want.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

Waving her hand dismissively as he apologized, she moved into the kitchen to fix herself a cup of tea as Hephastion settled himself before the hearth. "No no, you're more than welcome to drop in anytime, of course. I needed to get up soon anyways," she added, before stifling a yawn behind her hand. Maybe not that soon, another hour would have been nice, but then again, so was seeing Hephastion. A familiar face was such a relief.

Her cup steamed softly as she cradled it between her palms, taking a seat across from Hephastion. Blowing on it gently before taking a sip, she watched him surrepetitiously over the rim. "I haven't seen you since...the party, I believe. Unfortunate, that." She shook her head slightly. Hephastion had worked so hard to make that party a success, cut short by tragedy. She should have stayed with him a few more days, but duties had called her home on short notice. "How are you doing, anyways?"
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

She seemed to be in good spirits, the last time they spoke was not on good terms, he did manage to say good bye to her before she left for home but there was still the negative feeling from her accusation hanging over him. He knew she didnt mean it, but for her to have left without them clearing it up hurt. Then there was the bigger reason, the real reason he had just packed up and made his way to Bravia.

Looking at her his eyes flash quickly "Oh im fine, I just thought...you would be needing me again" Who actually need who here his voice lowering as he spoke, unable to blush he wasnt sure if she would notice his reaction. He had left her with a couple of those glass vials, but those were only good few a few days and she would be in need of fresh Vitae.

"Paz has been quiet since that night, I dont think they will ever find out who done it, one of lifes mysteries I suppose" he flashes a smile at her, knowing he himself were a mystery. What he was or what he had could not or had not been explained by any science or religion, he just ...was.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

She held his gaze quietly as he spoke, occasionally lifting her cup to her lips to sip the herbal liquid. There was something in his eyes that made her uneasy, like he was always hungry around her. Not that she feared him - what he wanted she would give freely, if it meant he wasn't hunting other prey. It was still unnerving, perhaps because she didn't know what he wanted. Perhaps it was simply a Vampyr thing - it wasn't as if she knew many others to compare him to.

The fire warmed the side of her leg as it caught the wood and grew within the fireplace, and she shifted slightly in her seat. She had been so busy the last few days she had little time to pay attention to the faint pull of her body, her own hunger that was not sated by any food or drink. His mention made it all the more pronounced though. How long had it been since she had used one of the vials? Two days? Three? She gave him a slight nod as she shifted her gaze towards the fire. "Yes, I suppose...it is getting close. Thank you, for remembering me. I don't know that I'd want to find out what happens if..." she trailed off, giving him a slight shrug and a slight smile.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

No you dont want to find out, and neither do I His eyes watching her as she drank her tea, he was almost jealous of her, she had his immortality but none of the other pains that went with it, other than relying on his Vitae. "No I wouldnt want that" he emphasised the I, knowing in his own head that if she were to forget or reject him he would have to suffer her passing, maybe that was all he felt for her, just a need to keep her alive, to stop himself taking another slow step towards the beast he had avoided in all these years.

Shaking that thought from his head, he knew he couldnt be so inhumane towards her. His feelings for her were stronger than just a primal need. "Im guessing Joao's absense has kept you busy" his words more of a distraction to dispell the silence between them than an actuall interest, firstly Joao had done this before, the man seemed to have an issue with commitment and secondly he had no real interest in politics or business of men, but he was genuinly interested in her business.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

Nodding slightly, she lowered her cup to her lap. "Yes, there was a lot to be done to make up for his absence. It's been...hectic," she paused a moment, raking her claws through her hair, grimacing slightly at the tangles she met. She must look a right mess, still tousled with sleep. Continuing their path, her hand ran down her hair to her shoulder, where a pale, almost unnoticeable scar stretched along her collarbone to near the centre of her chest, and she hastily dropped her hand to her lap. Well, this morning wouldn't be the worst Hephastion had seen her at. Another pale, star-shaped scar was hidden beneath her robe - two of them, actually, one on her belly and another on her back, where the crossbow bolt had punched through her. No, under the circumstances, sleepy was one of her better looks.

"Though, I'm sure things will settle down once the elections are over. I have put my name in as candidate for the next term," she continued, glancing at him, unsure of his reaction.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Raising an eyebrow as she revealed herself as standing for the Mayorship on a more permanent basis, he smiles softly "Good for you" leaning forward "Well I suppose that will mean more regular visits to Bravia for me" his eyes flicker brightly as he looks at her.

Being with her again helped him, and just sitting talking was a pleasant change from their normal interactions, which generally revolved around death, running and her getting some injury or other. Watching her hand move over the wound in her shoulder, his eyes soften as he sympathsises with her, these sort of injuries were superficial at worst for him, but they were still fatal to her.

Changing the subject "Do you have any plans today, I was wondering if you werent busy with people, if you would prefer something a little ....less stressfull" although maybe spending time with him was more stressfull than running a town, he smiles at the thought.