Fall Festival

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Zachrin

Fall Festival

Post by Zachrin »

Zachrin looked around pulling out some veggies and fruits.

"Ladies and gentleman of the Viceroyalty of Bravia! It is my honor to welcome you to the first annual Fall Festival. Come on, come all to enjoy the sites and sounds of fall. Plenty of drinks and food are to be had. Meet your neighbors from both Paz and Bravia," he stated.
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau
Petal

Re: Fall Festival

Post by Petal »

As they wander about on their errands Petal suddenly stopped short. She tugged on Toxic's arm to gain his attention. Tox, look, over there! she said pointing. In a field tents had been set up. The aroma of food drifted on the breeze to them. The sight brought back memories of county fairs when she was a small girl, holding her mother's hand as they went from stall to stall, the little treats her mother bought for her. She turned a wistful smile to Toxic. It looks to be a fair! Can we stop? P..p..please? she asked, excitement in her eyes. Her smile widened and she leaned closer. I'm sure they have an ale tent or two... she said.
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

Zachrin smiles getting out the barrels of ale.
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Athnal spotted party Mage advertised so badly. There was only two people but well...

"Can I join guys? I have booze with me" he said and pulled bottle out of his bag.
Iphito

Post by Iphito »

Iphito pops her head up from behind a bush where she was sleeping instead of tending the church gardens.
"Do I hear ale barrels?"
She has a huge grin on her face, digs up her mug out of her satchel and polishes it on her not so clean shirt.

"Do you need someone to try and taste it?"
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

"Iphito, be my guest and try my booze. It's strong and warming. I can assure you that after a cup you will love to collect some chestnuts." Athnal said. He is weird type, narrator thought.
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

"I can always use someone to taste the barrels... or the liquid inside," Zachrin says with a chuckle.
Chimera

Chimera's Stall

Post by Chimera »

Chimera hears about the Fall Festival and decides to set up a stall. Carefully she lays out various bottles and jars, all neatly labelled with things like "Love Potion No 9" and "Lily the Pink's Medicinal Compound". Behind this, she sets up her real trade - a small round table with a crystal orb placed carefully at it's centre. Next to these she places a deck of 78 cards consisting of the 22 cards of the major arcana and the remaining four suits of the minor arcana. A lot of folk are suspicious of many of the magic arts, but none fascinate and frighten as much as those of divination. Of course, many choose not to believe in magic at all. Chimera is a believer and also believes that she is a minor practitioner of magic. Many others have called her deluded, but she carries on undeterred, happy to accept that each person has the power to choose their own destiny. Still, this is a festival to celebrate a bountiful harvest and to prepare for the winter to come, so Chimera hopes that many will enter into the spirit of things and call in at her stall, even just for a bit of fun and some idle chit chat.
Iphito

Post by Iphito »

Iphito squints her eyes and looks at the Mage.
Mister Mage, Zachrin, which sounds so much like sjagrijn, crancky in dutch, but she bites her tongue not to say that.
Mister Mage Zachrin, I think I did say IT and not THEM, the latter would refer to the barrels.
She starts laughing and winks at him.

Turning to Athnal Lord Athnal, I'd love to taste some of that miracle booze.
Making me want to collect chestnuts? Now that would be something.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Petal pulled Toxic by the hand towards one of the booths. She recognized the owner, their former Mayor. She gave her a warm smile and let her eyes roam over the goods spread out.

Petal pulled Toxic closer. Hello, she greeted Chimera, her hand lightly touching a few things spread before her, her eye glancing casually about. Picking up one of the bottles, she giggled and showed it wordlessly to Toxic. Her eyebrow arched in amusement as she turned it so he could read the label, Love Potion No. 9. She placed it back down delicately and let her eye roam farther. As she noticed the cards, her eyes widened. They looked like the cards her mother had that she kept hidden from her father, only pulling them out when one of the women from the village came to call. A small smile crossed her lips as she glanced at Toxic.

Turning back to Chimera, Petal gave her a hopeful smile. Would you do a reading for me? she asked excitedly. I would love to know what the future holds. She cast a sideways smile at Toxic.