Bravian Loyalists United (BLU)

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Joao

Bravian Loyalists United (BLU)

Post by Joao »

Bravian Loyalists United

Citizens of Bravia, we are the Bravian Loyalists United (BLU). We represent a wide array of experienced citizens. Here is a brief summary of our experiences:

João– Current Viceroy and Mayor of Bravia, Former People's Representative and Finance Minister.
Chimera – Two term Mayor of Paz, Former Viceroy
Wandress – Current member of Bravia’s Town Council
Xavier – Priest of the Faith, currently running for Mayor of Bravia
Molly – Current member of Bravia Town Council and Priest of the Faith
Finwe – Current Member of Paz Town Council, running for Mayor of Paz
Peronell – Current Member of Paz Town Council
Madkcat – Priest of the Faith
Datron – Upstanding citizen and husband to Maria
Hephastion – upstaning and loyal citizen

In order of importance here are the issues we plan to take on this term:

Gold Mine Wage – We will be raising the gold mine wage to be the highest mine wage in Bravia. The goldmine is our best source of pure income. Maximum workers are crucial to keeping Bravia with a positive cash balance.

Level-Up Support – We are willing to advance citizens 30-40% of their cost to level up. This will help people level up quicker and give us all important level 2 and 3 players that will better our Viceroyalty.

Mine Levels – Right now we are in the process of working out profit margin curves to figure out the optimal levels for each of the mines. We will quickly upgrade them to the optimal levels and then make sure they are properly maintained. Once we are finished working out the charts we will publish them publicly.

Viceregal Army – Currently we are looking into the expenses involved in having a permanent banner in Cork, our border town. We would prefer to have a standing army there and once we get the financial figures we will determine whether or not it is economically feasible.

Town Militias – Supplemental militias are important to have in each town. We need at least one band in each town that could rally into the Viceregal Army when necessary to protect the border. We will work closely with the Mayors to implement working militias.

Cork – We are currently discussing subsidizing militia wages in Cork, so that the Viceregal Council can take responsibility for part of the border defense.

Vicergal Gatherings – Keeping players active is exceedingly important. We’d like to increase participation by having Viceroyalty-wide events and games. All of our members are active in the forums and will continue to help new player participation.

Laws – We propose completely reworking all of the law books. The last council was plagued with defections to Fenia and the council suffered due to decreased members, thus laws were not well worked out. We will be focusing on law regarding robbery and implementing citizen rights.

Inter-Bravia Trade - We need to work with mayors and maybe individually ask them what needs to happen. We need to work out a system of trade to get wood where it needs to go. We only have one type of each resource currently so we need effective trade routes.

Minimum Wage – We will be looking into making a Viceroyalty minimum wage. Right now the job markets probably don’t need it but in anticipation of the future it would be a good idea.

We are open to questions about our platform from all citizens of Bravia.
Last edited by Joao on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenina

Re: Bravian Loyalists United (BLU)

Post by Xenina »

Joao wrote:Gold Mine Wage – We will be raising the gold mine wage to be the highest mine wage in Bravia. The goldmine is our best source of pure income. Maximum workers are crucial to keeping Bravia with a positive cash balance.
I agree and in my humble opinion it doesn't need to be extremely high, just higher than comparable iron mine.
Joao wrote:Level-Up Support – We are willing to advance citizens 30-40% of their cost to level up . . .
Absolutely.
Joao wrote:Mine Levels – Right now we are in the process of working out profit margin curves to figure out the optimal levels for each of the mines. We will quickly upgrade them to the optimal levels and then make sure they are properly maintained. Once we are finished working out the charts we will publish them publicly.
I look forward to that.
Joao wrote:Viceregal Army – Currently we are looking into the expenses involved in having a permanent banner in Cork, our border town. We would prefer to have a standing army there and once we get the financial figures we will determine whether or not it is economically feasible.
What function would it serve? I hear there is no threat of war. If there is no risk should we spend money on it?
Joao wrote:Vicergal Gatherings – Keeping players active is exceedingly important. We’d like to increase participation by having Viceroy-wide events and games. All of our members are active in the forums and will continue to help new player participation.
Good idea, but in my opinion special programs mean nothing if the Mentors don't have Assistant Mentors to give new people the personal attention they might need.
Joao wrote:Laws – We propose completely reworking all of the law books. The last council was plagued with defections to Fenia and the council suffered due to decreased members, thus laws were not well worked out. We will be focusing on law regarding robbery and implementing citizen rights.
Hear hear!!
Joao wrote:Inter-Bravia Trade - We need to work with mayors and maybe individually ask them what needs to happen. We need to work out a system of trade to get wood where it needs to go. We only have one type of each resource currently so we need effective trade routes.
We said that in our platform, but I'm glad to see it here.
Xenil

Post by Xenil »

Joao wrote:Viceregal Army – Currently we are looking into the expenses involved in having a permanent banner in Cork, our border town. We would prefer to have a standing army there and once we get the financial figures we will determine whether or not it is economically feasible
May I ask for anything that might lead to the conclusion that a standing army on the border is *needed*?
Joao wrote:Laws – We propose completely reworking all of the law books. the last council was plagued with defections to Fenia and the council suffered due to decreased members, thus laws were not well worked out. we will be focusing on law regarding robbery and implementing citizen rights.

Plagued with defections? it lost three members. has seven members left, and you are part of this seven as well as Viceroy Chimera. so your saying that the only entire viewable works (to everyone) of this terms council work, your work, is 'not well worked out'. how many days have passed since you've been elected?

And the 'plagued with defections' part... I hate to point to the King of Fenia, but glad it is not to point a finger and blame him but to point at him as an example. there are four council members over there I believe. the King, Aengus, Ayshara and Edward Spike but from what I gather most or all of the work is done by the King, with Edward handling the offices (button clicking, no offense to any of you Fenian councilors :D). so that is pretty much... 1 & 1\2 people? and yet Fenia has a gold mine lottery, knights and castle jobs for rp opportunities, some dance coming up? and has also done mine research and has projections on all sorts of things to do with the mines. Im not trying to brag about him or something. hes not my King. just the '*defection* to fenia/we're short three councilors' excuse does not fit for me when it comes to what has been accomplished and the quality of the little that has been accomplished.
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

May I ask for anything that might lead to the conclusion that a standing army on the border is *needed*?
You are right, it may not be needed right now. However, that does not mean we don't look ahead to the future and put something in place should we need it. War is inevitable, should we only think about it when someone invades us? I would like to be prepared ahead of time. It would be folly not to prepare for something, just because it hasn't happened yet. Like it was stated:
We would prefer to have a standing army there and once we get the financial figures we will determine whether or not it is economically feasible
Focus on the economically feasible part. We're not here to waste money and do dumb things. We are going to carefully look at this issue along with all the others. None of this is set in stone.

As to your second point. I was not on that council, so I can't say much. However, I have seen very little activity out of it and positions have constantly been shifted due to people switching kingdoms or becoming inactive. Perhaps plagued was an overstatement, you'll have to excuse us. The point remains though that the Viceregel Council was not effective this term.

The King of Fenia is indeed an amazingly active person, which is a rarity I've found. It's better to have a larger number of people to share responsibilities. You're right though one or two people could run a country, however, think of the headaches. I also don't believe in such a concentration of power, not only does it inhibit progress but it also gives citizens less opportunity to get involved in the game. It has nothing to do with the number of people and more to do with the quality of people. The quality just wasn't all there last term.
Xenina

Post by Xenina »

Finwe wrote:The King of Fenia is indeed an amazingly active person, which is a rarity I've found. It's better to have a larger number of people to share responsibilities. You're right though one or two people could run a country, however, think of the headaches. I also don't believe in such a concentration of power, not only does it inhibit progress but it also gives citizens less opportunity to get involved in the game. It has nothing to do with the number of people and more to do with the quality of people. The quality just wasn't all there last term.
I have to agree with this. I just don't have the frame of reference to comment on the productivity of last term.

LVI is also very approachable and I see no need for defenses at this time.
Xenil

Post by Xenil »

Finwe wrote: The King of Fenia is indeed an amazingly active person, which is a rarity I've found. It's better to have a larger number of people to share responsibilities. You're right though one or two people could run a country, however, think of the headaches. I also don't believe in such a concentration of power, not only does it inhibit progress but it also gives citizens less opportunity to get involved in the game. It has nothing to do with the number of people and more to do with the quality of people. The quality just wasn't all there last term.
Blue = Not what I am asking at all.

Red = What I wanted.

So. do you agree or disagree where the finger is pointed is the reason for the lack and quality of work? or what I have in red there?

We need a leader who can publicly address if s\he and the Council have messed up. not point fingers and try to blame others. -- in my opinion at least, and hope others share this view. and now after reading the last post from Joao, main candidate for BLU, it seems to me that after speaking to the mage he has self-appointed himself to the position of a substitute Viceroy of some sort.
Joao, in [url=http://secfenia.org/forums/./viewtopic.php?f=28&t=610&sid=55c1180384e91947ca6b64d18e4899c7]this thread[/url] on Dec 21, 2009 wrote:I come before the citizens of the Viceroyalty of Bravia to inform you that our Viceroy, Chimera, has fallen ill. She will be fine, but she needs her bedrest at the moment. The Mages have decided to put me into the position of Viceroy until the end of this term, or when Chimera is well enough to return, whichever comes first.

I would like to push forward with a few key pieces of legislation for these final 10 days of this council term:

A discussion, vote & posting of an official Viceregal Robbery Law, complete with punishments.

A discussion on what to do if a Viceroy needs to step down or take a break. (i.e. an official "Second-in-Command")

Having more open discussions with the citizens here in the Public Lobby. They should have a say in matters, and not have everything discussed "behind closed doors".

Do not be alarmed. If anyone speaks with High Mage Zachrin, he can confirm what I tell you as being the truth.

João Borda d'água
Interim Viceroy of Bravia
now I do not know if he approached the mages or not, but it does worry me that he makes no reference to the rest of the Viceregal Council. at all. do not be alarmed? it may be possible that he went over the rest of the council, or even if the mages went to him he accepted the position without discussion with the rest of the council. and they may be fine with this, but the point is he did not even confer with them with such a huge decision. do we want someone to make similar large (and even small) decisions by their lonesome or do we want to make them together?

Ps. Blue = something that just just now happened two days after his statement of Sub-Viceroy, and before that... I dont feel like counting.
Xenil

Post by Xenil »

Xenina wrote:LVI is also very approachable and I see no need for defenses at this time.
Against him in general anyhow, yes. he seems to be busy with doing things instead of rambling on about defenses against something that has shown no threat yet. (I'm not saying were going to keep towns open to be attacked by random rogue folks, etc. do show me any proof that he may be plotting to take over though if I am wrong)
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xenil, the fact that this is a democracy means that even if Joao, Interim Viceroy of Bravia, did go above others this term it must be accepted that this was due to lack of activity from fellow councilors. Very little forum discussion has taken place recently that the populace have been able to view and discuss amongst ourselves. Joao is one that has remained active during this time and at a point when the Currently indisposed Viceroy, Chimera, has been unable to fufill the duties of the Viceroy and has taken charge of the situation to make sure the viceroyalty does not suffer.

This upcoming term we have a team of hard working, forum active people that are all trying their best to make Bravia as prosperous as possible. I think that it is better to have someone who takes charge of a situation like that which occured and steps up to the plate. I am glad that the beaurocracy of the situation did not stop someone from making sure Bravia was looked after. You may view it as going over his fellow council members but I think it is better that one man takes the reins of the metaphorical horse that is Bravia instead of members sitting around for five days sorting it out.

"Action is always better than inaction."

However to prevent such things from happening again we will be working on legislation to have a Interim Viceroy within the viceregal council should the viceroy ever be indisposed as shown in this term.

Fenia is a great nation and the King is a great man, however there are those within his nation's borders who look to the harming of Bravia.

"It is better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it."

Ignorance is truly bliss, for one that may not know a threat is there is surely the first to die. A threat is hidden everywhere you go and to live a life not understanding this is truly the most dangerous thing of all. Without giving names it should come to light that a certain Fenian, former Bravian, robbed the town of Paz for all it had almost ruining the economy. This person is mere days away from level 3 and you would ask us why need an army? Ignorance is truly bliss.
Xenil

Post by Xenil »

Xavier wrote:Xenil, the fact that this is a democracy means that even if Joao, Interim Viceroy of Bravia, did go above others this term it must be accepted that this was due to lack of activity from fellow councilors. Very little forum discussion has taken place recently that the populace have been able to view and discuss amongst ourselves. Joao is one that has remained active during this time and at a point when the Currently indisposed Viceroy, Chimera, has been unable to fufill the duties of the Viceroy and has taken charge of the situation to make sure the viceroyalty does not suffer.
Democracy(/Republic), yes. must be accepted? no. in my eyes he there was no official decision based on the opinions of those that were elected in to run our Viceroyalty. I check the castle a few times here and there. Rowena, Petal, Chimera, and Joao were active. at the least he could have done was say "hey, Rowena, Petal, Chimera is having some issues to where she is unable to hold discussion. I say vote a substitute Viceroy in and nominate myself, aye?" or even something about the mage specifically wanting him to be Viceroy (if that is true) but they got nothing except "I'm the new Viceroy".
Xavier wrote:This upcoming term we have a team of hard working, forum active people that are all trying their best to make Bravia as prosperous as possible. I think that it is better to have someone who takes charge of a situation like that which occured and steps up to the plate. I am glad that the beaurocracy of the situation did not stop someone from making sure Bravia was looked after. You may view it as going over his fellow council members but I think it is better that one man takes the reins of the metaphorical horse that is Bravia instead of members sitting around for five days sorting it out.
So are you suggesting that we should allow an occasional abuse of power, or something of that ilk? he has taken over for two days now, and Bravia has been straight out OPEN for bandits etc. for thirteen days now, the past two and a half under his self-appointed Substitute Viceroy-hood. I am glad to see he has finally pushed it up for discussion but know for a fact that the laws they wrote to protect their people has been sitting there for a good while now. so why the sudden want to do work? why not have taken over a week ago to push it forward then when robbery first came out?
Xavier wrote:Fenia is a great nation and the King is a great man, however there are those within his nation's borders who look to the harming of Bravia
yeah he does seem like a great guy. just everyone in Fenia seems to be quite loyal, and -
Xavier wrote:Ignorance is truly bliss, for one that may not know a threat is there is surely the first to die. A threat is hidden everywhere you go and to live a life not understanding this is truly the most dangerous thing of all. Without giving names it should come to light that a certain Fenian, former Bravian, robbed the town of Paz for all it had almost ruining the economy. This person is mere days away from level 3 and you would ask us why need an army? Ignorance is truly bliss.
well some reading and you can easily guess who that is. there were no laws at the time which was a big mistake on the mayor I would have to say, and still there are now laws in Paz! there was no food at all for like a week, another 'robbery' in ways perhaps? and under the same mayor :? ... everyone seems to be butt sore that someone took over paz long ago, has everyone read all the threads? both situations could have *most definitely* been avoided, and *very* easily. and now I hear Bravia is low on food..? better communication needs to be made. and both mayors are at the top of this list. mmmmmmmm. Edit: and surely the King would assist in the hunting down of rogue armies originating from Fenia, or that may be a threat to Fenia.
Xavier wrote:"Action is always better than inaction."
And what about occasional action of the "not well worked out" variety in the hands of those who have done nothing but proven themselves incapable? (only goes for a couple of people on the list obviously, and I still wait for possible proof that may suggest Fenian (King or citizen/subject) attack)
Xenina

Post by Xenina »

Xavier wrote:"Action is always better than inaction."
Did you mean this seriously or were you being sarcastic?