Bravian Loyalists United (BLU)

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Xavier

Re: Bravian Loyalists United (BLU)

Post by Xavier »

Democracy(/Republic), yes. must be accepted? no. in my eyes he there was no official decision based on the opinions of those that were elected in to run our Viceroyalty. I check the castle a few times here and there. Rowena, Petal, Chimera, and Joao were active. at the least he could have done was say "hey, Rowena, Petal, Chimera is having some issues to where she is unable to hold discussion. I say vote a substitute Viceroy in and nominate myself, aye?" or even something about the mage specifically wanting him to be Viceroy (if that is true) but they got nothing except "I'm the new Viceroy".
And at the time of this there were no proceedures and ethics and ways of doing things. Therefore he did not abuse any power by taking charge. What you see as abuse of power is not that but only a man trying to look for the best for his viceroyalty. Would you halt progress if you were on the council and the viceroy was unable to fufill his/her duties...no, not unless you truly did not have Bravia's best thoughts in your mind. Joao did not get halted by the beurocracy that people such as yourself seem intent on adding into these areas. Joao did nothing wrong unless you count looking out for one's viceroyalty a crime. How often in recent days since then have you heard a complaint about how it was handled or whether Rowena or Petal were unhappy. No. Why are you getting angry other something that impacts you in no way whatsoever.
So are you suggesting that we should allow an occasional abuse of power, or something of that ilk? he has taken over for two days now, and Bravia has been straight out OPEN for bandits etc. for thirteen days now, the past two and a half under his self-appointed Substitute Viceroy-hood. I am glad to see he has finally pushed it up for discussion but know for a fact that the laws they wrote to protect their people has been sitting there for a good while now. so why the sudden want to do work? why not have taken over a week ago to push it forward then when robbery first came out?
There has been no abuse of power committed by any member of the viceregal council for I very much doubt a regulation has been made at this time to define that asking an admin to put you into the viceroy position because a member was disposed of and unable to be active on the computer. Are you so untrusting of others that you would say that someone taking charge is abusing his power...ridiculous.

Xenil, I ask that you maybe go be viceroy with an almost inactive viceregal council and see how well you do. Also please do not make an accusation otherwise unprovable. I will have you know that the militia has been running as per normal in every town. To say that they have been left for robbers and bandits is only slander and even if it is not all the more reason to have a viceregal army. Contradicting your own point.

well some reading and you can easily guess who that is. there were no laws at the time which was a big mistake on the mayor I would have to say, and still there are now laws in Paz! there was no food at all for like a week, another 'robbery' in ways perhaps? and under the same mayor :? ... everyone seems to be butt sore that someone took over paz long ago, has everyone read all the threads? both situations could have *most definitely* been avoided, and *very* easily. and now I hear Bravia is low on food..? better communication needs to be made. and both mayors are at the top of this list. mmmmmmmm. Edit: and surely the King would assist in the hunting down of rogue armies originating from Fenia, or that may be a threat to Fenia.
Civilty is something I try to put across in official posts. I will not name the person even if people do know who it is for the sake of not tarnishing or sullying his name in anyway with other citizens. As we are a party with two out of three upcoming mayors for the towns in Bravia and also in my bravia town post I have said that we will increase inter town trade as already provided in our platform. communication is made on every level and on top of this when you might consider an army rogue or illegal another may not. We must take precautions to prevent harm to Bravia. We have already mentioned that it depends on economic viability but it is something that would better the defense of Bravia.
And what about occasional action of the "not well worked out" variety in the hands of those who have done nothing but proven themselves incapable? (only goes for a couple of people on the list obviously, and I still wait for possible proof that may suggest Fenian (King or citizen/subject) attack)
I would say only this as a finishing line. I would rather of tried and failed then failed to try.
Joao

Post by Joao »

I am going to say this here, so there is no confusion about it. I contacted Chimera about a particular matter, and during this discussion, she mentioned that she was ill and would be away for the holidays. I contacted the only other councilmember that was available at the time, and it was decided that I should urgently contact Mage Zachrin about the situation and asked what could be done about it. He went ahead and made me "Interim" Viceroy. I did not ask him to do this. He felt I was active and would be a good fill-in until Chimera returned from holidays, or until the end of the term. I posted in the discussion chambers what had happened. Guess what? No one raised a dissenting voice about it. If we had waited to hold a vote on it, that would have been time lost, and the council would be accused of "dragging their feet." I would rather be wrongly accused of making a grab for power, than to have the rest of the council accused of wasting time.

As I stated before in that post, if ANYONE has an issue with me being INTERIM Viceroy, please contact Zachrin and you will discover I have stated nothing but the truth. This is a young and evolving government system with ups and downs. Some people may have been overwhelmed with their new responsibilities; others have tried to do their best with what they had. Are the current members of the council perfect? No. We have had some hiccups along the way, but I stand behind our list of candidates. They have experience in all aspects of our nation. Some were even among those who expressed concern about what was going on in the Viceregal Council behind closed doors. We all want what is best for the Viceroyalty.
Xenil

Post by Xenil »

here Xavier

[Content removed by Mage]

and

your second place candidate thinks it is alright to press charges and fine people for laws that dont exist and are not even being discussed publicly? yeah ok, that would work (/sarcasm). if we do that could we file dereliction charges for the lack of law making in Paz on the mayors part, because we have just recently had food to eat here now after someone hoarded all the food, which isnt against the not-in-existence laws. oh and post # 7 on page 1 is just fitting.

still waiting for proof of Fenian attack
(ps, thank you shady council person)

[Edited by Mage Fulcatz]
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

We need a leader who can publicly address if s\he and the Council have messed up. not point fingers and try to blame others
All you have been doing in here is finger pointing so I wouldn't be so quick to pass out judgment when you're guilty of it yourself. Joao has not made any malicious attacks against your party, as you seem bent on doing, he was merely doing what was best for Bravia. Do you have any other actual question about our platform or were you just planning on bashing our candidates. Stick to the issues.

Other then that Xavier summed up my points pretty well. There were problems with last council so we are keeping the more active participants. Before Chimera become ill she was very active and she will be again. Joao is a very active member of the community as well. We've all been helping out and people can see our activity. We have a proven records of all being active in the forums and in various levels of government.

As to the army I believe I said
We are going to carefully look at this issue along with all the others. None of this is set in stone.
Quote me where I said there is an immediate threat of an invasion . . . I just said it's good to be prepared. Go back and look at what was stated.
Molly

Post by Molly »

Come in leaning on her staff listen for some time. Finally hearing enough she stands upright banging her staff upon the earth three times. "Everyone this is enough. I look at whom is questioning, and it brings questions to mind greatly. I will ask them here since they wish to come to the BLU label, and begin to point fingers, and make accusations. First let me warn both of you this is Bravia. We do not bicker like this. This is not our way. This is Bravia we are meant to do better than any where else. This said this behavior is certainly not beneficial to any. Now to the questions.

United Founders of Bravia are all severely young. You have no experience with our worlds system. What is to make those in Bravia believe that United Founders of Bravia with little to no experience on your side will not make a huge mistake costing us thousands? In your platform you have made mention to another world. I can tell you first hand this world the higher you go has massive differences. Can you two begin to point out to the people of Bravia all of them? Further more it is obvious United Founders of Bravia are politicians in another realm, but can you tell Bravian residents how you have improved from there? Especially when viewing the campaigning? Many complain of the constant fighting there, and you would wish to bring it here? Is this what Bravia can expect from United Founders of Bravia in the future as their leaders? Tick tock I am a busy priestess."
Winks playfully leaning on her shaft again.
Rowena

Post by Rowena »

Closing the doors of her office behind her Rowena is surprised to hear raised voices ahead of her where she understood her fellow council member Joao had told her he would be posting a candidate list with an overview of it's ideology and vision for the next term. Rounding the corner, instead of respectful acknowledgment or productive dialogue about the list goals taking place she was further surprised to see several parties squaring off.

Tucking her gloved hands behind her the normally diffident councilwoman stepped forward, hoping to diffuse some of the creative speculation that appeared to be going on.

"I find...." the girl cleared her throat carefully, scanning the new faces in front of her before starting again. "I find it odd.... that none of those present here, voicing with so much certainly their convictions and speculations on the actions - or inaction - of others don't appear to have actually been present in Bravia more than two weeks ago? Some, truly, are very new - and very welcome - here, but perhaps they might lack the knowledge and the context of the earlier times that happened before their lives began here?

"I beg the BLU party's forgiveness for this tangent, but I'd like to offer some insight that I only hope will be of value, coming not from a candidate for council - as I am unaffiliated with any party or list being in desperate need of a break this term ;) - or even as a former Bravian Mayor, or Mentor, but as a loyal Bravian and an early resident of our Viceroyalty.

"Very few have experienced the earliest settling of a truly new world where every day is a series of discoveries, every action is completely new to everyone, and not every activity works as intended the first few times. Like yourselves now, the founders of Bravia came to the land with open hearts, open minds, and an eagerness to establish vibrant, thriving, self-sustaining communities to move forward together into the future with. Unlike life here now, we didn't have the benefit of numbers on our side. Very simply, the only active citizens were the new Council, regardless of whether they held any actual aspirations to public life or political office. I believe every person on the list wanted to serve their Viceroyalty with the best of intentions. (... at least I did until I saw proof that a council member passed private discussions out of the chambers. Shame on the councilor who has the time to leak documents but not participate in discussions! Not a very trustworthy or upstanding source, there :lol: )

"With 10 council positions, the loss of 3 - including the elected Viceroy at the time - was truly unprecedented for a new council with new offices and no laws, rules, no back up list(s) to draw new councilmen from, or history to guide them. With 8 roles to assign, the remaining 7 council members couldn't fill them, but the jobs were assigned and covered to the best of the council's ability. Some councilors performed very well, some tried, some admittedly neither tried nor showed up to participate; unfortunately the 1st Council didn't have the luxury of extra lists to pull new members into empty or under-performing seats, and unfortunately one of the seats impacted was our Viceroy's, the person charged with moving things forward and communicating things out to the public in the manner every Councilor - I believe unanimously? -entrusted her with.

"Did the absence of our Viceroy hit us the same way the disappearance of the King might impact Fenia? No, for we have responsibilities shared across many offices that require daily work and coordination. But without our elected leader certain duties - like external communications and finishing work on the corpus - were unfortunately impaired. I cannot speak for Viceroy Chimera, indeed I will not speak for anyone who served on Council with me, as they are all capable of speaking for themselves and may not share my viewpoint. Chimera was a capable administrator and exemplary Viceroy before falling ill. One cannot plan when illness strikes, but hopes perhaps that those left will grant you the same understanding that you would grant them if the tables were turned. And I salute Councilor Joao for, after contact with Chimera, taking the initiative to try and solve the puzzle on hand and drive some of the work left to completion in the waning days of the term.

"I find it unfortunate that an honest party platform presentation thread has been usurped to attempt to undermine two of the members for... what end, exactly? And by whom, really? Bravians are sharp folks, very capable of doing their own homework on candidates and lists as well as the nay-sayers and dissenters, weighing opinion against action. And they are capable of possessing both compassion for the work that was done before their time while nurturing hope and excitement for their own anticipated future contributions in the land. I do not see where crucifying those that came before is necessary to make an alternative look better. :roll:

"I believe every list member - from both lists - are standing for office on their merits, be it number of terms in previous offices or simply what they have been able to offer our community in the short time they have been here. We should extend every future would-be public servant the respect due for someone willing to sacrifice their time and energies in honest service to their Viceroyalty.

"We are honored to have not one but two lists this term. We are Bravians, all. And as such, I do hope the Bravians gathered here are able to return the conversation to honest questions directed to the BLU party. "
Xenina

Post by Xenina »

I will respond to questions regarding OUR list, but they will be placed in our list conversation, as I don't want to muss up your section with questions and answers that don't refer to BLU.
Xenil

Post by Xenil »

Finwe wrote:All you have been doing in here is finger pointing so I wouldn't be so quick to pass out judgment when you're guilty of it yourself.
your pointing out that I am pointing out that they have done little, and the little they did "accomplish" has been called 'not well worked out' by your own chief candidate? and that where your second candidate has claimed people could be punished by laws being worked on that are not even in the public eye is okay, and hasn't written any laws until possibly JUST now when there were talks about punishing those who 'fail to do so' (not direct quote I dont think). and I am obviously questioning the "experience" listed in the platform with all this.

Finwe wrote:Quote me where I said there is an immediate threat of an invasion . . . I just said it's good to be prepared. Go back and look at what was stated.
I do not believe I stated anyone said that, in public anyhow. just with what will soon be viewable to the public it makes you wonder.

[Content removed by Mage], -- can actually be seen publicly in this thread Two days and you had councilors considering "alternative actions". from what I read the people left peacefully, why would you think forcing them back a part of the community would help..? would have only caused riots and revolts, etc.. Im glad this council was so inactive (when it comes to *this), would have been scary to see what they might have done if they finished more...

[Content removed by Mage]-- I think this looks like a wonderful start! it really does, and I applaud you for the beginning, probably could have been put in a better order to go with priority of importance but ok... now let me point at something for everyone.

Legal Corpus of Bravia! Yes, it does exist!!! I say that, because of this.

(click here if it does not come up) notice I highlighted exactly where it is on the screen shot... and look. Bravia has 132 people in it. do not know who decided a chamber the council rarely uses would be a best spot to put their laws, especially if you want people to know them, but there was only 33 views (34 as of now because I clicked into it after taking the ss). 4 of those views is from myself. and apparently at least one council member is not proud of the work they did but I have to guess each of them looked at the least once, except Chimera who looked at the least three times. that is nine more views. 34 - 4 = 30 - 9 = 21. 21 now, and that is assuming the rest of council looked at it *only* once (which I think they would look at it a couple times but oh well) and then I hear how a certain couple of people like to read everything in the forums, who I will not name to keep them from popping up *again*, so that is like another two views... 19. 19 views. that means at the least out of 125 non-vr council people at the *least* 106 people have never seen and possibly has no idea that we have laws. wouldnt it have been a great idea to put it in the Inn maybe? hard to enforce laws most of your own people dont even know.

now that im done showing that there was possibly no thought or discussion on the placement of the laws to be viewed, I want to point out that there is obviously no prioritization. the first piece of Legal Corpus can be simply labeled "how to do my job" .
Viceroyalty of Bravia's Legal Corpus wrote:Council

1. Responsibilities Of Council

* To create and uphold the Viceregal Laws
* To ensure the welfare of the Viceroyalty through:
o Shrewd diplomatic relationships
o Creating and sustaining a military force
o Supporting the towns through trade
o Mines maintanence
o Livestock breeding
o Fair judicial practice
* Promote activity throughout the Viceroyalty
So I guess some "Honest Questions" time.

Councilor Joao, and Viceroy Chimera if you happen to drop by and have the time...

1. Exactly how many laws did you and the other councilors create?

2. Does shrewd diplomatic relationships include becoming friendly with our Norther Neighbor?

3. Paz had a food shortage for about a week, and it is my understanding Bravia has one now (which I do not know how long it has been going on, or if it has been solved yet). Paz *now* has plenty of food. I understand Chimera doesnt have much time to spare now, but to uphold your law of supporting the town, have you possibly sent, or have discussed sending, a trader to Paz to buy some food? dont buy it all though please good Sir.

4. The now gone "First Viceroy of Bravia" had an agenda posted in the public lobby here. I cannot help but notice "item number three" is mines and statistics. have you done any research yourselves while in your private chambers that you have not shared publicly?
Joao wrote:Right now we are in the process of working out profit margin curves to figure out the optimal levels for each of the mines. We will quickly upgrade them to the optimal levels and then make sure they are properly maintained. Once we are finished working out the charts we will publish them publicly
so that is a maybe on the private chamber work?
Chimera edit notes wrote:
*Updated 17/11/09 (Citizen's Rights)
*Updated 10/12/09 (War)
so. from this we see that obviously the priority was how to do the jobs, citizens rights (nice) and then how to declare war?

Councilor Joao, Chimera (if available)...

When looking back at this do you wish you had prioritized in a different way? for instance, its a big rumor that fenia may attack or whatever "as soon as possible" but did you feel the best way to handle the situation would be to write the legal corpus on how to handle war first instead of what appears to be marked the original number three on the blank corpus on November Fourth? I guess this would tie into the question about shrewd relationships as the original number three is labeled "Embassy".

now I want to touch back on past councilors speaking up a bit, to where our "bad councilor" has leaked.

I have not been able to access the tavern yet and do not know who is all normally there, but I do ask around. apparently (and obviously before she had fallen to illness too, I do hope you rest up and feel better by the way Chimera) our Viceroy feels very strong in her statement. VERY warlike and NO fondness at all for us or our principals we hold dear. my goodness I would be scared, if the fenians actually seemed warlike and out to get me. Ive browsed their forums and they seem very similar to us, except of course their loyalty lies in a King and we have these elections. also it helps that I have confirmation that she has rarely, or hasn't at all, been in the tavern. and from what I hear it is mainly fenians in taverns so... if she had went and had made these claims, I would definitely take my Viceroys word. just this and everything else, in my eyes the current council and many of its members do not hold a good track record, and should not really claim that they have any experience except possibly 'button clicking'.

I personally never knew a guy named "Natonito" existed until I received this.

and that is not supposed to offend in any way of course, not knowing he existed. and so the rumors of fenian invasion. is that what gets the milita/military going here? still no posts in militia, and just one post by Natonito in the military forum.... so... "Honest Question time"

Councilor Joao, Chimera (if available, again)...

1. Do you have proof to support your statement / Joao do you support these statements, do you ultimately believe that fenia is going to go on a war path like barbarians or something of that ilk? Is there truly going to be military movement and organization to what solely seems to be because of these rumors? (rumors, because still no proof. just like there are rumors in fenia for sure that Bravia wants to attack)

2. Can you show proof of your experience. you have stated your publicly viewable half of a Legal Corpus is 'not well worked out' (even though not really much viewing has happened) so are there any other works you and the councilors have done that you may share? (besides office button pressing)

and just a little disclaimer. I in no way am representing the opinions of the United Founders of Bravia (UFB) party. I just have a thing for people who mess up big and then expect to go through election without being asked about inaction and what publicly appears to be poor work ethics, etc.... I have not met *any* of the councilors on the list, and only spoke to Joao a little and do not have anything against him or a good bit of the current council as people, just as politicians with what they have showed they can, or maybe can not, do. thank you ,good luck, and happy holidays :)

[Edited by Mage Fulcatz]
Fulcatz

Post by Fulcatz »

This thread is locked pending review.
Fulcatz

Post by Fulcatz »

This thread is now open and debate can continue however all the participants in Secfenian political debate need to refresh themselves with our rules.

Although the intent remains the same from the original rule the Mages have clarified Rule #10 further so there is less room for interpretation:
10) Private Forum PM's and IG messages are private for a reason. You must receive permission to repost them. Any communication made outside of the Secfenia servers (either via an Instant Messenger, email, etc) are prohibited from being posted. In addition, no content from a private or restricted forum is permitted to be posted publicly without the permission of the original poster.
Private materials (IG mails, forum PMs, content posted to a private/restricted thread) cannot be posted to a public area without the permission of the original poster(s). If proof of the permission cannot be produced it can't be posted.

The Mages are very supportive of political debate and discussions. Keep it IC and if you have any questions we're here to help. Otherwise… we'll be watching. :) Happy Holidays, all!

Mage Fulcatz