Bravian Loyalists United (BLU)

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Xenil

Re: Bravian Loyalists United (BLU)

Post by Xenil »

thank you Mage Fulcatz. now, although the images have been removed I do believe the possibility to answer the questions is still possible. Thank you.
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Once again . . .
Finwe wrote:Quote me where I said there is an immediate threat of an invasion . . . I just said it's good to be prepared. Go back and look at what was stated.
I don't know how you insinuated that we felt there was a direct and imminent threat from Fenia. Read the platform before jumping to conclusions.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier stands in front of the people gathered listening to the platforms of both parties and brings out a piece of parchment. He unfolds it and begins to read it out loud.

Citizens of Bravia, it has come to the party's attention about the lack of manners and civilty in the conducting of the upcoming elections. On behalf of the Bravian Loyalist United party we would like to apologise for anything that may have been said in bad taste from us to the other party. This is a political debate that has gone too far and people may have been upset. The Bravian Loyalist United party stands for civilty and proper conduct and recent actions are not acceptable from either party. Both parties have acted unacceptably and this is a problem the leader of the other party should address just as our leader has done so. In the future discussion will be kept at a civil level or will not be replied to by this party. We will not rise to people's attempts of baiting our members into unfavourable situations and in the same note we will neither bait people into the same situations. Everyone thank you for listening and remember to vote BLU!

Xavier folded the parchment up again and retreated from the platform not wishing to spend more time than necessary in this mental landmine.
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

I would like to make a personal apology as well. I am usually calm and collected, however, I do slip from time to time. While I welcome competition in politics I get upset when it stops being civil and turns into mudslinging that pushes players out of the game. That is the last thing I want to do and have seen it happen in various other places. Sometimes when you try to fight against mudslinging you become the very thing you were trying to destroy. I thank those of you who have placed your trust in BLU. Bravia deserve much better then how we have all been acting. I promise you we will be better, at least I will.
Molly

Post by Molly »

"None of you apologize for me. I feel party BLU did nothing wrong warranting any of this. As such I will only say I am sorry for witnessing what I have. As I said this is not the Bravian way, and or the Sefenian way. I have stood accused by mages of violations I did not do. As such until at least the mages apologize I will remain in retreat." Walks away completely disgusted and feeling really violated not only by the others, but by the mages.
You will enter retreat at the end of the day!

Do not forget to eat before the end of the day!
(ooc: I as a player feel really violated. An let down by the admin. It is the admin who need to apologize at this point, and until I receive one. I will not return to Secfenia.)
Joao

Post by Joao »

As I have witnessed in the last few days, the political process can quickly spiral downward into mudslinging and attacks upon one's character. I have an opinion as to who said what to whom and who's actions were more egregious, but this is not the time nor place for that. With the election period drawing to a close, I wish to end our petty squabbles and help restore the light of civility upon our wonderous Viceroyalty. I have come forward, on behalf of the BLU party, to extend a hand out to the members of UFB. We truly wish to work with them to get things done in the coming term. I am sure the leader of UFB, Xenina, feels the same way.
Xenil

Post by Xenil »

I do not remember attacking anyones character, but easily poiting out what I will just call 'a few things'. will easily work with the members of the other list who make it to Council and look forward to it, should be a productive one with two lists and all. as to a drawing to a close voting has only been going on for three days I believe, five days left. I wish you all luck still and look forward to seeing some answers maybe. Finwe, again I was not questioning you. thank you.
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

I'm not sure I can answer any of your questions. I can offer my opinion only. This is a new government in which we, those running for office and those concerned citizens, can participate. My opinion is that we quickly get a working DRAFT of the laws organized and then present it to the people for questions and comments. This would do two things, in my opinion, uncover places where the laws may be weak and give the citizens ownership in government.

As for the past, I only have a brief understanding of what happened. I would say, as someone not involved in the situation, that the people involved did what they thought best. Were mistakes made? Probably. Will this council make mistakes? Probably. We, none of us, are perfect. Our duty to Bravia is to do the best that we can for the citizens of Bravia. Those of us voted onto council have a responsibility to show up for discussion, vote, participate, volunteer for odd jobs if necessary. But, once the council is determined, we are no longer BLU and UFB. We are the Council of the Viceroyalty of Bravia. I think I just repeated what you said Xenil...I just got carried away I guess :oops:
Vicky

Post by Vicky »

Leash your puppies Joao, i've confidence in you. ;)
Xenil

Post by Xenil »

its alright Peronell, thank you though. I guess Joao is going to just ignore them. as previously stated in our own thread the two candidates I (personally) support (after Xenina, on the BLU list) for Viceroy is Peronell and Finwe. thank you.