Public Prosecutor Office: Crime Reports/Court Business Only

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Wyllow

Re: Public Prosecutor Office: Crime Reports/Court Business Only

Post by Wyllow »

She giggles slightly, then erupts in an outburst of laughter.
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Charges have been brought against Buzadam and Gawain. The complaint against Wyllow is under review, with some delay due to her being unavailable currently to present herself in court if charges are brought.
~ Morjiana Sanchari of Chere ~ Seer, Busybody, Matriarch ~
Mateo_Umia

Post by Mateo_Umia »

Mateo walks down the hall to deliver a letter he wished he didn't have to do as he has no taste for it. In leading up to today he had thought long and hard about the subject but came to the conclusion that in light of other recent cases there was no choice it must be done.
Public Prosecutor Morjiana,

I shall use the previous Mayor's letters to this office as a template as the criteria and issues before us are the same. It is with a sadened heart I must ask that Marcus Aurelius be brought forth on charges of Betrayal as laid down in Bravia Law Section II, more specifically clause D(i), Neglect of Duty.
d. Neglect of Duty -
i. Any legally elected or legally appointed official who intentionally fails to perform the duties of his/her office without due notice of absence and in such a way that the people, the towns or viceroyalty suffer damages as a result of that neglect.
For the charges to be admitted to the court, I present the following evidence.

Drawn from the Newspaper these are the dates that Marcus was acting in a Mayoral capacity:
Mateo_Umia has been elected as Mayor of Paz, Reported on Nov 14, 1659 5:00 am
Marcus_Aurelius has been elected as Mayor of Paz, Reported on Oct 15, 1659 5:00 am
Mr. Aurelius was absent from office at least his final week in office as evidenced by his death at the time. His death was noted by the Bravian Council specifically Lum who was Viceroy at the time on November 12th as well as by Dwayberry Paz's Rancher in the town council chambers on the same day. It was noted because Mr. Aurelius was seeking re-election and there was concern the town would again go into chaos by the peasants and town clerical staff.

Before I go into the town logs – I’d like to state for anyone reading this that is unaware with town running. There are two key elements in the process of it that I’ll be referring to heavily throughout namely that of;

Clerical Happiness;
Even with decent pay if the Mayor does not visit the town hall the clerical staff feels they have been abandoned and their happiness with drop each day after being absent for 48 hours.
Corruption;
As to what corruption is, it speaks for itself really. As to what effect it has on the town hall though is catastrophic, anything sold by the town hall with have some of its funds skimmed off to fund the now corrupt staff and in the instance of it reaching 100% the Mayor will be thrown out and the town made independent, completely trashing the town walls causing even more expense to the Town. Corruption can be managed by spending Audit points (5 at a time) but this is ultimately a bandage to the underlying problem causing significant loss of funds due to the constant need to hire for points, Corruption can be mostly stamped out though by having high clerical happiness, and staff namely the Mayor visiting his office.

With both these in mind, I now turn to the logs to show what happened in the Mayor's absence.

Town Logs:
Oct 31, 1659 5:00 am It was reported that someone did 11% damage to statue 44 (Statue Destroyed) [The status Buzadam had erected.]
Nov 06, 1659 12:52 pm Marcus_Aurelius has enlisted for the militia for 30.00 Freznics. [Indicating to us he was still active at this point.]
Nov 11, 1659 5:00 am The clerical staff wonders if the Mayor has abandoned them. They can not do everything themselves!
Nov 12, 1659 5:00 am The clerical staff wonders if the Mayor has abandoned them. They can not do everything themselves!
Nov 12, 1659 5:00 am Paz Clerical Population Report: 3 less peasants [Peasants began leaving.]
Nov 13, 1659 5:00 am Paz Clerical Population Report: 1 less peasant
Nov 14, 1659 5:00 am Paz Clerical Population Report: 6 less peasants
Nov 15, 1659 5:00 am Paz Clerical Population Report: 4 more peasants [Day after assuming office things begin to return to normal.]

The beginning of Mr. Aurelius's term was a good time for the town things were running well and he maintained a strong level of communication with the public. I would like to mention Mr. Aurelius was gracious enough to donate a number of items consisting of goods and pieces of equipment to the town that it could sell on the market for income early in his term. However, once he stopped visiting his office the town began to slide again. From the best we can determine from the logs of Nov. 11th, Nov. 8th must have been his final day active in office in light of the 48 hour delay.

Conclusions;

1. As the Mayor was unable to fulfill the obligations of his office, corruption rose, the happiness of the clerical staff suffered, and maintenance was not being performed. Had I not been able to register for the elections on what was the final day to submit a candidcy the town would again have to have staged a revolt to re-secure the stability of the town which would have cost us greatly. Fortunately, that was adverted however there was still financial loss to the town. 205Fz were lost to corruption as indicated by this attached document, added with that the needed extra pay (50) on top of their regular pay to make the clerical staff happy again, purchase of audit points to reduce corruption (20) , and multiple hirings of masons (100) to repair the town hall left the town at a loss of at least 375Fz.

2. Additionally, the town was unable to feed the Retreiver's in its care. It was reported to me that their health by the town Rancher Dwayberry the day after I assumed office was poor (upon checking 51%), and they were starving quickly. In fact, we lost one poor fur baby as a result. Quoting from her:
Sadly, I was unable to feed Paz' breeding dogs since mayor Marcus suffered temporary apathy and death.
3. With the open case against former Mayor Buzadam the statue being destroyed I find inappropriate until the case was resolved by our honorable court. Sadly the logs do not indicate who was damaging the statue each day but there is no mention in the town council chambers of an attempt to stop its destruction was made. Further, while it may be in poor taste to erect a status in one's own honor, I can find no legal statute that says the Mayor is not empowered to erect one regardless of whom its in honor of. Further, in light of buzadam's service to the town of a long period of time who's to say it wasn't warranted. While Paz currently has no statues several do exist in Bravia City's town square, and there is nothing in our current ordinances indicating the criteria for one thus it is at the discretion of the Mayor and/or their council to decide to erect one. This matter is a more problematic one as the logs available to the Mayor can no prove who destroyed the statue, the best we can claim for a charge is allowing it to happen. Once erected the statue became the property of the town of which the Mayor is ultimately stewarding over. Unless the court rules in Buzadam's case the statue was unlawfully errected, this piece of town property was illegally destroyed. I am unsure if the logs available to the Sheriff's office can provide more insight.

Thus in accordance with previous cases filed on the same merit I must request that a minimum of restitution in the amount of 375Fz be made to the town.

In Service,

Mateo Umia
Mayor of Paz
Mateo "Lifesaver" Umia
Finance Minister, Republic of Bravia
Mayor and Mentor of Paz

ImageImage
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Charges have been filed.
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Please file charges against Dwayberry for the revolt in Cork this morning. We'll follow up shortly with evidence.
Katara

Post by Katara »

This morning when I arrived to check my office I discovered this notice posted on my door by one of the office clerks
Revolt in Cork - Dwayberry is the new mayor!
Reported on Mar 30, 1660 5:00 am

Dwayberry has taken over city hall kicking the old mayor out
Banner made by Scarlet/Katara Dalakoi/Member of the Dalakoi Family/Married to Duchess Victorious/mother to Jasper Dalakoi, Natalia Dalakoi, Aurora Kulash-Dalakoi, and Amarice Kulash-Dalakoi
Alexandria

Post by Alexandria »

Charges have been filed.
♥ Split Personality ♥ Sorceress ♥ Priestess ♥ Little Phoenix ♥ All Magick ♥ You be mixed up too ♥
Logo

Post by Logo »

From the news scroll
Reported on Mar 31, 1660 5:00 am

Dwayberry has taken over city hall kicking the old mayor out!

Revolt in Cork - balerion is the new Priest!
Reported on Mar 31, 1660 5:00 am

balerion has taken over the temple kicking the old Priest out!

Reported on Mar 30, 1660 5:00 am

Dwayberry has taken over city hall kicking the old mayor out!
And from the logo's events
Mar 30, 1660
11:42 am [Jobs] Dwayberry (Mayor) has appointed you as mentor of Cork

She also made Zachrn Cork's sheriff

From Town Hall signage
Mayor: Dwayberry Mentor: Logo
Sheriff: Zachrin Rancher: Jacque_balsha
Dearest Corkers,

Don't you worry. I'll be gone soon and one of your own will take over as the rightfully elected mayor. In the mean time, enjoy the cheap bread!
And next time, make some effort to defend your pretty town.

~ Dwayberry the Strawberry Queen
If our esteemed prosecutor sees value in the exercise, I would be willing to hear multiple charges against dway - as long as each count corresponds to a unique act (revolt1, revolt2, any pillaging can be 1 count per item stolen, any action detrimental or costly to TH, VR of Bravia, or creature . Some accounting of damages & costs will be helpful in setting restitution - obviously structural damage to th
For bal at least one revolt in the temple .
Patron of a more astucious criminal class
Life maybe a game, but izza onliest life imma know
Alexandria

Post by Alexandria »

Thank you, Logo for the information.
♥ Split Personality ♥ Sorceress ♥ Priestess ♥ Little Phoenix ♥ All Magick ♥ You be mixed up too ♥
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Please file charges against Balerion for his revolt today in Paz. Clerical staff have reported a revolt attempt in progress to me and he has admitted as much publicly.