Public Prosecutor Office: Crime Reports/Court Business Only

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Grayson

Re: Public Prosecutor Office: Crime Reports/Court Business O

Post by Grayson »

Upon looking into this accusation I see that, as a Creature living in Bravia, the status of the walls is good!

Code: Select all

Town of Bravia (Viceroyalty of Bravia Capital)
 VR LawsTown LawsTown Forum 

Mayor: balerion    Mentor: Akos
Sheriff: balerion
Cash Checks
Term ends in 25 days 
Reinforced Stone Wall Status: Good
As youcan see Baerion is filling 2 spots at the moment, apparently our last sheriff had slid in his duties as sheriff.

Now as us all being mayors we all know that the mayor is not responsible for the upkeep of the walls. When I left being mayor there was ample supply of stone to be used for upgrades and wall re-enforcement. So this accusation of Betrayal under Bravian law; Section II, subsection d is not actually a valid one.

d. Neglect of Duty- Any legally elected or appointed official who intentionally fails to perform the duties of his/her office without due notice of absence and in such a way that the people, the towns or viceroy suffer damages as a result of that neglect.

Balerion has not failed in his duties, balerion has been elected as Mayor of Bravia (Feb 06) you came into town 3 days later and make this accusation. There is no way possible unless Bravia city was attacked that the walls would have been so bad in 3 days, that you could call neglect. Not to mention that under section D, the people, the town nor the Viceroy were damaged onthat time frame.

So I have to say that respectfully I decline to prosecute this Vendetta against the Dragon. A warning will be issued to all Mayors and I think possibly something needs to be incorporated into the codex and charter, about mayors being out of their respective towns in the future.

I also respectfully request that you drop this vendetta it SEEMS that you have against Balerion. Now before you go off about being in a dragons pocket, Mtself and the dragaon have never really seen eye to eye! Normally our views differ and are at opposite ends of discussions. So do not make any more rash statements about people being in pockets. Thank you all and all have a nice day.
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Aingeal heard that the case was not even filed and started to fume.

So now the Public Prosecutor is now judge, jury and executioner? Since when do you get to chose what cases to bring forth to the judge. Balerion admitted in the tavern he went to WIDU to pick up knives. There is a reason we have the VR fair... and traders.... The walls may be fine now, but they weren't.

And basically you are telling me.. had I decided to besiege the town, THEN I could have charged him with neglect? I don't need to say you are in anyone's pocket... I have no need to speak what everyone can see. I don't have a 'vendetta' against the dragon... but I can show you one if you like.... I filed a case, and lo and behold... nothing done... not a surprise
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Logo

Post by Logo »

A judicial clerk emerged from the office to indicate a parchment on the wall. "This explains the purpose and behavioral standards of this office, madam." Indicating a door, PP Office(Antechamber) - Civil Discussion Here the clerk continued. "There is a room for more, informal, discussions, even argument if it pleases you.

The clerk responded to the legal questions as efficiently as she could manage.
Aingeal wrote:Since when do you get to chose what cases to bring forth to the judge.
I do have a bit of research here, ma'am.
Let me see. Yes.
Here is the statute, Article VII
Any person may petition the court (via the prosecutor) to obtain satisfaction of an offense.

The prosecutor is responsible to decide whether to bring the case or not, based on the strength of the evidence and whether the case would bring or deny justice. If brought, the judge will decide the case and punishment fairly, using his own good sense, previous case precedent & comparable decisions, if any.
" Now, you asked 'when.' Hmm. That was originally codified on August 21, 1650 and ...
recently re-authorized and published to the mages by Council #18 of Bravia, lead by Viceroy Aingeal on January 14, 1653

Council #18 also reauthorized the language making intent and damages conditions on the definition in Article II, Section d of the criminal code. That language was originally codified in its present state by May of 1650.

Sorry, I am not allowed to offer advice on your hypothetical. Victim negligence is seldom exculpatory to an attacker, but you might want to seek legal advice on that point.

With a curt bow the clerk pointed again to the antechamber door and departed.
Ciphas

Post by Ciphas »

I want to report a crime that hapent today on the road just outside the city gates of Cork :

" Marcus-Metelleus tried to rob you, but you were too awesome! "

So i want to Press charges against Marcus-Metelleus and i hope that the Viceroyalty of Bravia will take steps in protecting their roads for traders .
Ciphas

Post by Ciphas »

I come again in the office wondering why does the Public Prosecutor helps crime by doing nothing ?

Today the rober tryed again to attack me : " Oct 20, 1653
12:00 am Marcus-Metelleus tried to rob you, but you were too awesome! "

Does bravia has a Public Prosecutor ?
balerion

Post by balerion »

It is rather obvious you have not yet checked in the courthouse.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Serene

Post by Serene »

"If you are not in the vr of Bravia can you see it?"
Serene watches the dragon...
Saraphina

Post by Saraphina »

Oct 22, 1653
2:00 am You have been robbed by Marcus-Metelleus! They stole the following from you: 172 Freznic(s). 118 egg;.

I DEMAND JUSTICE

His response when I wrote him.

Mail !
Alas, the justice system in Bravia is so poor, there's not much point in reporting me!

They still haven't caught me for the first time, months ago

Yours Faithfully
A very Rich man

Mail 2
Actually, I've discussed it with my boss, who's been funding me to rob

PM Aishe and she might be able to give you a refund as all the goods go to her, I tell you, You can't trust Vampires!

Seems we need to put Aishe in prison for his deeds too, sting'em both up I say.

(OOC I see myself not playing this game much longer if this is how things are going to go. It sucks to work yourself to death to build yourself up to have someone come and snatch it all away. I don't see why robbing is ever allowed, all it does it turn people off to this game and well there aren't that many people around as is.)
balerion

Post by balerion »

*Its hardly a big loss, talk to the Finance Minister and he will give it to you. Next time get a grant. If you are robbed again it will be on your head and compensation will not be provided.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Saraphina

Post by Saraphina »

Nov 9, 1653 2:00 am Marcus-Metelleus tried to rob you, but you were too awesome!

Just letting you know he tried again to rob me last night. Will he just go away already.

(OCC: Doesn't matter if it's a small loss or big, the fact is he's there and taking what other's work hard for. If you were robbed I'm sure we'd hear about it, this is the place to post about what's happened so the right people will know not the place to try and kick people while there down. So unless you have something useful to put forth please stay out of my business.)