The Office of Bravia's Overseer

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Victorious

The Office of Bravia's Overseer

Post by Victorious »

Victorious searched for the perfect place to open the office for Bravia's Overseer. She wanted the people of Bravia's Viceroyalty to be able to contact her if she was ever needed. So she picked a nice place in the center of Bravia where all three towns meet. Opening the windows so she could bring some sunshine in the office, she looked outside to see the busy streets of Bravia filled with creatures rushing to get to their destinations.

She put a big sign outside the office: Welcome to Bravia's Overseer Office.

She nailed a bulletin board to the door so the citizens of Bravia could see if they passed by:
My brothers and sisters:

I welcome you to the Overseer's Office in Bravia. If you ever have an issue or request of your Overseer please come in and I will do my best to serve you. I am here for you and I will do my best to make sure you are taken care of.

Blessings,

Victorious DiCarpietra
Bravian Overseer and Priestess
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Victorious

Re: The Office of Bravia's Overseer

Post by Victorious »

A Guide for Priest(ess) and/or Deacon(ess)
The first thing you will need to do is open the drop down menu for Town and click Temple.

Once you enter the temple you will see your name and then next to your name you will see an icon that resembles a door with pink curtains. Click that icon and you will enter your office for either Priest or Deacon whichever one you were appointed to by the Overseer.

Now you will see a screen that looks like this:

In order to process requests of the Faithful if there are any, you will see a number by the praying hands. If it is other than 0, then the citizens of your temple have requested some sort of blessing. Click the praying hands to check to see what blessing is needed.

Click Accept next to the request. You will now get confirmation that you have accepted their request.

(to be continued)
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Just a question when you attempt an upgrade of the temple and it says the spirit is not enough what does that mean?
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious looked up from her desk to see her new Deacon. I have to double check Grayson. I will get back to you shortly. I hope you are fitting nicely in your new office.
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Grayson smiled and said yes, I am starting to go through the papers and pass out some much needed thanks for the help tha the Temple has been receiving as of late. Thank you for checking into the upgrade. Grayson turns and heads back out.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious smiled at Grayson's words about his new office. She took out a parchment and quill and began to write him a letter and placed it in his mailbox in her office.
Dear Deacon Grayson:

I thought I had an answer but one of my Priestess' informed me of another answer so before I give you my answer I must speak to the Grand Mage and once I hear from him I will let you know what I find out.

I have talked to your Priestess at the temple and she is moving in nicely as well. Once I hear from her I have a task for you to work on.

Thank you very much in trying to take care of the upgrades.

Victorious
Overseer of Bravia
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious walks back into her office after confirming what she thought was the reason why Grayson could not get into the Upgrade office.

She sat at her desk and wrote Grayson a letter.
Deacon Grayson:

Alright I investigated the matter and then confirmed my suspicions with the Grand Mage. I'm sorry Grayson but Deacons cannot be involved in upgrades. Thank you for the work you are doing so far. I have talked to your Priestess and she will be working on the upgrades.

Victorious
Overseer
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious sits in her office and puts an announcement on the board for all to see:
My brothers and sisters:

Well I figured my decision to make Cork's temple follow the dark path is going to bring you some concerns so I'm leaving my office open for anyone that would like to discuss this further. I am also posting my mass here to hopefully let you read it again since it explains what will occur when the temple changes to the dark path.
Mass from June 30, 1652
Victorious walks up to the podium and addresses her congregation for a very important message:

Today I will speak about balance. A year ago my Aunt Ermalyse stressed if I was going to be Head of the De la Croix family that I needed to learn about balance. I thought I knew what she was talking about but I realized now that I am Overseer once again in Bravia that I have not been teaching about balance at all. Just because I have always followed the path of the Light that I doesn’t mean everyone else follows my same path. Balance means that I must preach about the light and dark path. I know that the Priest way teaches us the path of the light and the Sorcery way teaches us the path of the dark and for so long this temple has been preaching of the light only and that is not balance. If I’m going to serve the people of Bravia then I must serve all people the light and dark ways. I have come to realize that since my life has changed I must not deny the dark path within me any longer.

I have thought about this long and hard and no temple in Bravia Viceroyalty has a dark temple and we do have creatures that follow the dark path in Bravia and so I have decided that the temple of Cork will be changing to the dark path starting next week. So when you come here next Saturday the temple will be of the dark alignment so what does that mean for the creatures of Cork:

Now those that are following the light path if you are wanting your alignment to rise the only way that will happen is if you break windows so every other task that you attend to in the temple will lower your alignment. If you do not care if your alignment lowers then you do not have to worry about the temple following the dark path.

Now if you are following the dark path everything except breaking windows will lower your alignment. So remember if you break windows like you normally do then you will get the opposite affect that you expect. You will have to focus on cleaning windows instead since your temple is of the dark path it will be something you will want to embrace.

Here is what our Mages have given us regarding the Dark path of the temple:
The path of darkness will result in the following:

Mass: Improves Mood, Lowers Alignment of Player
Work Temple: Raises Aura, Lowers Alignment of Player
Donate: Lowers Alignment of Player
Clean Windows: Lowers Alignment of Player, Raises Aura (Small Chance for Social Point)
Break Windows: Raises Alignment of Player, Lowers Aura
Begging all day is not effected by the path and lowers alignment.

I would like to thank you for coming today and may you have a good week. Remember next Saturday this temple will follow the dark path.
Now I will leave this open for others to look over and state your concerns. Please remember I'm giving everyone a week so let's try to work on adjusting to this change this week so we can be prepared for this change.
Teide

Post by Teide »

To Overseer Victorious,

On Behalf of those of us who follow and black and grays in life, Thank you for hearing our suggestions for a dark temple in Bravia. In every way we should strive to bring balance and serve all denizens of our fair land. Some may follow the ways of the light and some may serve the ways of the Shadows. Others may only seek to serve both. To see that both ways of worship are preserved in their role to teach us as sentient are two halves of the same picture. The capacity for good or evil is in every creature. In accepting this we become more whole within ourselves. So I believe this change will help our society also become whole within it's own sense of being. As always I would happily say, once again, thank you and I will be giving you my full support in this adjustment. I also beg that others who may have their concerns be understanding and respectful as you are honest with your overseer.

May the shadow hide you,

Téide Di Carpietra
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious received her sister's message and it was comforting to hear. She was surprised that she didn't get much feedback on the change and didn't know if that was good or bad. Nonetheless, she would keep her office open in case other Bravians are thinking about what they would like to say.

She sat back in her chair and smiled. She was not surprised by her sister's letter but it was nice to hear her words. She would have to talk to her about getting help with embracing her change for it was a difficult issue for her.