The Office of Bravia's Overseer

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Victorious

Re: The Office of Bravia's Overseer

Post by Victorious »

Victorious rushed to her office to make an announcement regarding the Basilica of Cork. She stood in the middle of the courtyard. She was pleased to see many faces coming to and fro. The streets were filled with all sorts of creatures. Some she recognized and some she did not but hoped to get to know the new faces.

She stood at the podium and examined its creativeness. She was pleased at the carpenter who donated it to the temple and had her clerics set it up so she would be able to use it for announcement for the people of Bravia. As she stood at the podium she began to speak:

She pounded on the podium with a gavel that was given to her as a gift when she had been appointed Overseer of Bravia.
Hear ye hear ye, I come to you with great news. The Basilica newly upgraded of Cork will be turning to a Dark way and I have searched our land for a dark aligned individual so that she can help me give teachings for the dark aligned creatures of our land. She has graciously accepted her appointment as Deaconess of Cork.

Please come and hear Téide Di Carpietra on Wednesdays of every week.
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious went to her office to make some notes for the citizens of Cork:
Citizens of Cork:

I have some information for you if you are light aligned since our temple is going to be dark aligned this Saturday.

1)Listening to Mass will raise your mood but will lower your alignment points which you can see on all stats.

2)If you work in the temple but usually only level 0's would do but it would raise your aura or mood and it will also lower your alignment.

3)Now you can also clean windows and it will raise your mood but it will lower your alignment.

Breaking windows will raise your alignment but it will lower your aura or mood which if you want it to rise breaking windows is not a good idea but it will raise your alignment.
If you have any other questions, my office is always open.
Triquetra

Post by Triquetra »

After she had received the keys to her new office she openend the windows to let some fresh air in, started to dust the place and arranged a few books. Everything looked well ordenend and the place was very neat.
She then took her time to familiarise herself with the work connected to the temple and being a priest.

Now time has come to write a letter long overdue. Getting a fresh piece of parchment she sets herself at her desk and dips the quil in the ink.

Well met Overseer Victorious,

Let me first thank you for the confidence you have shown in me by assigning me as priestess of the Bravia Temple. I hope to live up to your expectations. If there are any concerns pease contact me so it can be resolved. Communication always seems to be a keyword in these matters.
With that said I would like to inform you of the current state of the upgrades done at the temple.
---------------------------------------------------
Steps to Upgrade:
Left-----Requirement---------------------- Options
Completed- 3 Pillars
49 Jobs- 60 Mason Jobs (with 20 Stone)-----Need 20 Stone
22 Jobs- 30 Carpenter Jobs (with 10 Wood)--Hire Carpenter
1 Job--- 3 Blacksmith Jobs (with 4 Gold)-----Job Posted (Gold or Iron)
Completed- 3 Blacksmith Jobs (with 10 Iron)
---------------------------------------------------

I will try and keep you updated frequently on the progress of the upgrades.

Blessed be,
Triquetra, priestess of Bravia
After blowing the last ink dry on the piece of parchement she rolls it up, ties a ribbon around it and steps into the next office to asks a clerk to deliver the letter to the office of the Overseer. Then returning to the daily business of the temple.
Marshal

Post by Marshal »

Will alignment be changed back to Light anytime soon? I refuse to attend services if they are not in light, and currently there is no way for me to raise my mood or alignment through mass or anything in the church.
Evangeline

Post by Evangeline »

"Master Sargent, it will not be." Van explained. "There are two other improved Temples in the Republic which adhere to the Light and do have services twice every week. It was a sincere hope of everybody that is involved with the Temple that by catering to the Sorcerers which reside in the realm nobody would be disenfranchised because of it and this is why Victorious wanted to take the time before the transition to Dark and get everybody informed."

"You may need to travel if that is paramount to you - because I will and neither will the priests or priestesses suggest you change residence that would just be completely out of line. However, one /does/ (if I'm not mistaken) get a little satisfaction from the breaking of those windows."

"That may be a way for you to express your protest and displeasure, even. And for you to send a message, also, that Sorcerers will not be tolerated nor catered to."
Marshal

Post by Marshal »

In essence you are stating that one should move if he or she wishes to attend the mass of Light. Why would one want to travel twice a week (wasting 4 days of travel) just to attend mass in another town?

I'd like to request that either the church in Cork be returned to Light, or that the church Funds my move to a town that will have services for Light.
Evangeline

Post by Evangeline »

"No. I say nothing in or of essence - nor am I making a statement. I will say a thing plainly ((because I am a very plain creature and not at all smart))."

"Contrary to your reply, even, I made no bid to suggest you move. Nay. I plainly said so. That would be out of line."

"I do say that if you place great import upon your mood and choose to rely upon the Temple to effect that your only option will be to travel 4 days a week to attend one of them that bear the Light."

"I'll reiterate that the Temple in Cork made the transition to Dark in the spirit of fairness, and equality so that creatures namely Sorcerers may also be served - and I'll touch not your request that the Temple disenfranchise those creatures, or fund your relocation. That is not my department to."

"And I'll now, also, disengage myself. I can discern that you are disgruntled and upset and don't wish to offend you or argue especially about what you are/are not entitled to."

*blink blink/curtsy* "Zachre! Have a good day ((sincerely))."
Idra

Post by Idra »

Idra walks up at the end of the conversation between the two creatures. Tapping the male on the shoulder, she hands him a large rock. Throw this at the windows. That is what I had to do to change my alignment when this temple glowed so bright my eyes burned. As for your mood, Idra glanced over her shoulder at the tavern, drinks in there can help.

((Idra never attends mass, mainly because she tends to haunt the "light" towns in Bravia, yet her mood rarely changes. When it does, a few drinks in the tavern have seemed to help.))
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious walks into the Overseer listening to the conversations about the temple. She smiled when she saw Van talking to Marshal.

Hello everyone, it is good to see you both today. I will write something up for the people of the light and dark tonight. Please don't be disheartened we can all work this out someway.

Please come back tommorrow and I will have something for you to look at.

I'm sorry if the temple is disappointing you.

Victorious DiCarpietra
Willow

Post by Willow »

Whats the point having a dark church?????

If citizens really want to decrease there alignment - there are cursings and breaking windows that they can use.

I would have thought most citizens would prefer light.

I personally have people breaking my windows and sometimes I can actually see who did it (but most people come to masses and clean the windows).