The Office of Bravia's Overseer

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Idra

Re: The Office of Bravia's Overseer

Post by Idra »

The "religion" that is practiced in these lands is based on balance. You can not have balance if everything is light. Victorious is following the path of the religion by attempting to create balance.

I am a dark creature. I am aligned to the darkness. I like having a temple in the Republic where I can attend a mass. Where I can feel welcomed and not feel like I am not wanted simply because my beliefs are opposite of the creatures of light. There are many like me. Many that requested a dark temple. It is but ONE out of THREE.

I am sure that you can understand that while Victorious is aiming for balance, true balance can not be achieved as the light still has TWO temples. In addition, as a dark creature my options to lower my alignment are few in a town with a light temple: rob graves and break windows. Whereas in Cork, I can rob graves, clean windows
((and get a chance at a social point)) and attend mass. In Cork, a light aligned creature can break windows, and tend the flowers on graves, but has the option to go to two other towns that have light temples.

Please, all of you, understand that balance must be achieved for all creatures of the Republic, and that it is the selfish among you that feel that ALL the temples must be light. It is prejudiced against those of us that prefer the darkness.

Idra turns to Willow, And Willow, the reason that you, and others, believe that most citizens prefer the light, is because whenever any of us that prefer the darkness speak up, we are quickly ostracized, screamed at, perceived as thieves and hooligans and eventually our voices become drowned out and our spirits broken. There are many, many more that prefer the darkness than you or others seem to realize.
Willow

Post by Willow »

I'm a Priestess of Paz, my temple is light and I guess I'm thinking as a Priestess.

Idra and Victorious, I see what you mean with the darkness temple for the people who have dark beliefs. Its just hard to think of a temple as dark, sorry. Everyone is welcome in my temple - in fact I even have a sorcerer as my deacon. Hahaha I'm sure Idra has broken a few of my windows before too hahahaha.

You might have to be careful that you don't make the people who prefer light to dark from not feeling welcome or alienated there too. Its a pity a town can't have more than one temple (like real towns) for different religions i.e. dark and light.
Idra

Post by Idra »

I agree, it is a shame that there can not be two per town ((maybe we should suggest that?)), and I can't help but shatter the light windows, they sound so good when they do! ;)
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Speaking as a follower of the Light Path in Cork, I enjoy that the temple is Dark. It gives a place for all people to be and it helps me see the balance that is around our Vice Royalty. I know that when I go to the service I do have to throw a few rocks at windows as I leave to stay on my path but I still find the sermons interesting. Just because you follow the light doesn't mean you can't appreciate the dark. No alienation for me anyway and I think most around here agree with me.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Willow I can understand where you are coming from because a year ago I would have gone through fire before I changed a temple to dark but when I became Overseer again I received a revelation that our Viceroyalty needed to have balance where all three towns have light temples and I felt we needed to serve the dark-aligned creatures as well as the light. The temple of Cork has served the light for some years now and I felt it only fair to give the dark-aligned creatures the same service as we have given the light.

I do not see the masses in Widu but I also make sure we have dark masses in the temple also. I try to teach balance during my masses. I know this is an inconvenience to the light-aligned creatures but in all fairness it is time that the dark-aligned creatures get fed spiritually also. Now I'm quite surprised that it has taken people this long to gripe about a decision that I made weeks ago and I made sure to give people time to ask their concerns but the week before the changing no one spoke up. I'm sure people thought this was a decision that was made hastily but I gave it careful consideration and I will not be changing the temple to light any time soon and I'm sorry the temple will not be funding anyone's move as the temple has not funded dark-aligned creatures' moves in the past.

I am a light-aligned creature myself and used to have 1000 alignment and now it is in the negative numbers but as of right now Zachrin has not made our alignments affect anything in our realm so my negative number doesn't concern me and if it did I would break windows and/or arrange the flowers in the graveyard.

My office is always open as I am here to serve the needs of Bravia Viceroyalty and so I welcome your complaints and suggestions. Yes I did say welcome complaints for I know I cannot please everyone but I at least want to be here to listen to you even if it will not change my mind on changing the temple back to light.
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Willow

Post by Willow »

I didn't know the temple had changed to dark until I found a note in your office. I just remembered my wedding there - thats why I mentioned my sadness about the change.

I believe both sides: dark and light, should have somewhere to go where they feel welcome.

Good luck with this change. And hope your upgrade goes well.

And please let me know if I can assist with any fishes from Paz.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious hears her friend and smiles. Thanks Willow, I hope you are doing well with your upgrade. Yes I would love some fish for the temple. Just let me know when you can spare some.

Thanks Always your friend,

Victorious DiCarpietra
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Willow

Post by Willow »

After spending time with the Priests, Willow returned to find that she was now the Overseer. Finding the key on her desk, she went to the Overseer's Office and turned the key in the lock to find dust settling around the room. After a bit of cleaning and opening of windows, Willow sat at her big desk wondering where to start (knowing she had some big shoes to fill).

Seeing her overflowing inbox, she started there and sent out replys to any questions she found.

[*] A change of Priest for Cork - done.

[*] Reports from Priests re the Upgrades (waiting for reports from Paz, Bravia and Cork).
Willow

Post by Willow »

Willow sends the Paz's Upgrade Details to the Overseer.
Level: Basilica (2)

Steps to Upgrade:
Left Requirement Options
Completed 3 Pillars
41 Jobs 60 Mason Jobs (with 20 Stone) Need 20 Stone
Completed 30 Carpenter Jobs (with 10 Wood)
Completed 3 Blacksmith Jobs (with 4 Gold)
Completed 3 Blacksmith Jobs (with 10 Iron)

[ Sanctify (100 Faith Points) must be done when all else is completed ]
Triquetra

Post by Triquetra »

In the small room at the back of the temple that is used by the priests and the deacons she sits herself down at the table. She turns the light up a little more and takes out a new piece of parchment. Carefully she dips the quill in the ink and start writing her last report.
Well met Overseer Willow.

Here are the current standings on the upgrade of the temple. There has not been many modifications lately due to the high price of building. Labor and materials.

Completed 3 Pillars
48 Jobs 60 Mason Jobs (with 20 Stone) Need 20 Stone
18 Jobs 30 Carpenter Jobs (with 10 Wood) Need 10 Wood
Completed 3 Blacksmith Jobs (with 4 Gold)
Completed 3 Blacksmith Jobs (with 10 Iron)

Maybe in the future the temple can florish and buildings can continue.

With this letter is my last action as priest for it is time for me to take some rest. I wish the new priest well because the temple has an outstanding flock and a fine deacon.

I will be looking forward to listen to the mass on wednesday and sunday's.
Thank you and Victorious for the guidance given me. It was very helpfull.

Blessed be,
Triquetra
She blows the last ink dry then rolls the piece of parchment. The heathed wax and seal make it complete and ready to be send. She hands it over to the person waiting outside.

Then she stands up and adjust some books on the table. After turning the light lower she walks towards the door. Her hand gently strokes the banner near the door before she stands and turns. One last look around the room and a tear wells up in her eye. She wonders if she made the right descission but only time will tell. Maybe one day she will be back.
Slowly walking out she closes the door behind her and walks home.