[RP] Into the Lion's Den

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Othniel

Re: [RP] Into the Lion's Den

Post by Othniel »

As his cousin gazed at him and spoke of being dead, Othniel felt a twinge of remorse. Of course she would have thought him dead. In the first months, he hadn't even thought to contact Emi, all of his focus on the study of his transformations. Training both mind and body deep in the wilderness. Later, his grandfather had forbade him contact, refusing to even explain to the teenager why.

Othniel had never understood his reasoning, but now... "Yes. I was cast out for my," he paused as curiosity rose within him at her words. She shouldn't be able to hear my heart or smell my musk from this proximity. Human senses aren't that sharp. "Condition. But it seems I am not the only one in exile for strangeness, am I, dear heart?" A sardonic smile. Half-lidded yellow eyes locked with blue, lazily curious but willing to let her explain or not as she wished. Just as his feline nature made him secretive, so too gave he the courtesy not to pry into others' affairs unless they chose to share.
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

Aishe found her mistake all too late. Amongst her curiosity and shock, she didn't bother to think about the words she was saying. Yet, as Othniel spoke of exile, a nail was driven through her still heart. Pressing her back against the chair's back, her lips pursed slightly and her eyes dropped to the table, fixating on some faint scratches made into the wood's surface. A moment of silence passed, a moment of which she held her breath as she tried to pull the emotional nail out. She wasn't sure if it should all still sting as much as it did, but perhaps it was because she tried her best not to think of it. Perhaps, if she were just to think about it, a lot, every day, the pain would lessen...

She took a sharp inhale of air, filling her lungs and holding for a few seconds before letting it back out. Her fingers restlessly began to fidget with her dress's sleeve as they laid clasped in her lap, her eyes becoming all the more interested in the woodwork. After another moment, her lips finally parted, her words quiet, yet almost stern.

It had to be done and I didn't want to make them do it. So, I did. I exiled myself and sent them a letter saying so.
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Othniel

Post by Othniel »

Othniel blinked in surprise at her admission, his gaze softening in sympathy at the pain in her own. "It's a shame that it had to be so. I know how much family means to you. But, you know... The selfish part of me can't help but be grateful that I can at least be stuck in this with my favorite cousin." A grin that could almost be considered flirtatious crossed his features as he tried to make light of the situation.

He sighed then, stroking his beard and frowning at the feeling of crumbs in the neatly groomed hair. It was one of his favorite features, his beard. Several inches long, he kept it tied at the end with two bronze beads. Despite his relative youth, it grew out nicely, and his catlike nature insisted on cleanliness. Vanity or hygiene, it hardly mattered which.

Realizing he had let himself become distracted, he focused his gaze back to Aishe. "Still, is it really so bad here? I seem to have heard a rumor that you're a well-liked leader." She had said so herself after all. "And you mentioned a daughter? So who's the lucky man I get to strangle for so violating you?" Othniel wiggled his brows, half teasing, half protective.
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

His words gradually got a smile back to her lips, pushing away the upsetting thoughts of the family and life she was forced to leave behind. The night Lucifer attacked her and made her the monster she was was eventful and life changing in more ways than one. That night she died, only to be brought back as an undead creature who had to survive on others. That night, she fought with her beloved, only to end up engaged hours later. That night she walked into the tavern as a brave girl and walked out as a strong woman.

Othniel's sudden remark regarding her daughter made her eyebrows arch and her blue eyes grow wide. Aishe cleared her throat and rose to her feet, making her way behind the counter to retrieve something to drink. Her hands found a bottle of wine and glass as she began to speak slowly.

Yes, I'd like to think I'm well-liked. Six terms as Mayor and two on the Viceroyal Council says something, at least I would think. She filled her glass and sat the bottle aside, taking a long sip. As the glass was lowered from her lips, her eyes went back to the cousin sitting in her bakery. She coughed, shifting a bit awkwardly on her feet. I do have a daughter. A beautiful, special yet perfect little thing named Aileigh... But I have no man. Taking another sip, she smoothed her dress as nerves began to rise in her chest.

I'm engaged to a wild, yet lovely woman.
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]