New Year's/Election Victory Party [CRP]

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Joao

Re: New Year's/Election Victory Party [CRP]

Post by Joao »

As he is setting out the jello shots, João notices both An_Elfrida and the high mage himself walk in. He sees An carve something into the wall, unsure why she is already defacing the building. Before he can ask her, she walks up to him.

"Congratulations my friend on your tavern..looks fantstic. Need a singer tonight?"

"Why An, how thoughtful of you! Yes I am sure the guests would enjoy that." He then looks over to where she had carved an object into the wall of the tavern. "Can you explain the carving you made into the wall?"
An_Elfrida

Post by An_Elfrida »

"oohh the pentagram you mean..?" An laughed and explained to Joao.."where i come from people have this on their houses to protect them from evil elves..for as i must say..we are not all good..So i have protected your tavern for bad magic from dark elves..And no worries..no one can see it who is not looking for it.."...An looked at her friend and smiled.."and i would be very happy to sing for you and your guest tonight"
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Finwe walked into Joao's new tavern. Looking around he thought to himself, Wow, I'm early for once. He takes in the scene and his eyes grow big as he sees the assortment of beverages, his eyes grow even wider as he sees hookahs laid out. Not knowing exactly where to begin, he seeks out Joao. He finds him talking to a woman he hasn't met before, he goes up to the two of them and bows to the lady, Pardon my interruption, just had to say hello to the host real quick, then I'll leave you two to talk some more. Turning to Joao he says hello good friend, as he extends his hand. You have put together . . . quite the amazing party, he says with a smile. I'm afraid I don't formally know many of the people here yet, except Xavier over there he nods in the man's direction, intending to go speak with him in a minute. So tell me, Finwe says half laughing, where should I start?
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

The invitation is in her hand and she reads it once more to make sure that she is in the right place. Yes. She was.

She melts into a group walking into the party, not wanting to draw attention to herself. Her eyes grow wide at the assortment of delicacies set out for everyone's enjoyment. Unable to resist, she plucks a glass of champagne from the table and takes a sip. As inconspicuously as possible she surveys the room, trying to find people that she has met. Nolman, Joao, Xavier, Zachrin, and Finwe she knew well enough to approach. And so she does.

Finwe, Joao. Nice to see you both. She curtsies to the gentlemen and then turns toward the woman she does not recognize, with a forced sense of confidence. And, I am Peronell. Pleased to make your acquaintance.
An_Elfrida

Post by An_Elfrida »

Talking to Joao An saw a man approaching them and heard him say..
"Pardon my interruption, just had to say hello to the host real quick, then I'll leave you two to talk some more"... while he made a little bow towards her. Amused An followed the rest of the conversation as she saw a lady approach them also..saying.."Finwe, Joao. Nice to see you both" An made a step back to give room and was surprised when she heared
" And, I am Peronell. Pleased to make your acquaintance" as An felt the courage of this lady that she called upon to talk to her. An smiled back warmly and replied while she accepted the offered hand and hold it warmly..."same here..I am An Elfrida..just new here in this land, nice of you to talk to me, i hope this is going to be a good party"and she raises her glass to make a toast
Codey_Bravin

Post by Codey_Bravin »

For some reason this was not an easy entrance for Codey. He had not been in formal clothing since from before he had been kicked out from his father's castle. The clothes were conjured for him based on others he had stolen and then returned. The set of Blue he wore were not his usual green, but he did still loook good in them.

Codey had not been here before, he knew his boyfriend was working on it to make it a very exciting place, and the different spaces were very fun. He went from room to room, sort of avoiding people, enjoying the quiet efore the rush of people came in and the lranquility was lost. It was nice to see the few familiar faces though.
Vesna

Post by Vesna »

Vesna followed the directions on the invitation and arrived at the party.

Feeling a little nervous she took a deep breath and opened the door and stepped inside. Not knowing many people she kept in the shadows with her cloak wrapped around her.

She managed to procure a glass of champagne and took a gulp. Although quite a few citizens were at the party, Vesna hardly recognised anyone, so she decided to observe the proceedings from the shadows for now......
Rowena

Post by Rowena »

Rowena curled her toes uncomfortably, pausing to shift her weight on the solid stone of the steps outside the festivities. Her long months in office hadn't improved the basic discomfort she still felt when her feet left the natural earth and and she was forced to walk on rough-hewn stone which had been yanked from the ground, or even worse: man-made bricks. In fact, the long hours she spend indoors only made her more eager to flee outside, unconstrained by walls, ceilings, and cold unyeilding floors.

Looking ahead she spied a liberal amount of almost grass-like carpets covering the floor while colorful gauzy fabrics swung from the ceilings like obliging swaths of willow branches. It wasn't the outdoors, but it was an improvement. She had promised her blue friend she would toast to the new year with him, honoring his next term in office. Inhaling one last breath of the sharp night air, she plunged in.

Some familiar faces dotted the landscape; some tense and clearly nervous, some loose and open (the better for alcohol?) - and wait, was that a Mage? - but for the most part the attendees Rowena paced past were unfamiliar.

Finding the half-Djinn wasn't very difficult and Rowena quickly approached the small throng gathered around the host to pay her respects, as she understood that was what was expected at gatherings such as this. Possibly interrupting - but unfortunately quite oblivious to her faux pas - Rowena delivered a stiff curtsy to Joao before realizing the faces around her also required some sort of greeting. "Town manners" were clearly not her forte.

"Good evening and happy new year everyone. To the host, my friend, congratulations on the election. May your new term be..." Rowena paused, groping for the right words, "... more blessed than the last."

To the rest of the group Rowena delivered a brief introduction - "I am Rowena of Bravia" - before excusing herself to find refreshment. She was comfortable talking one-on-one, but the groups of people pooling across the room confused her.

If she could find a drink she could bury her toes into a rather pleasing green shag rug she had just spied on the other side of the room.
Joao

Post by Joao »

"Everyone, thank you all for coming today. We have guests from all walks of life here."

João waved over to Rowena. "We have former councilors here."

João then motioned to a group standing near him. "We have newly elected council members over here."

He then spotted Ermalyse, Neferine, Nolman and Vesna. "And it is truly an honour and a pleasure to have our neighbours from Fenia here as well. This should be taken as a sign that we strive to maintain peaceful relations between our two nations."

João walked over and put his arm around Zachrin. "We even have the High Mage himself here! Praise Zachrin from whom all blessings flow!"

João motioned to the stairs leading up to the other floors.

"Everyone, please feel free to look around the Blue Djinn Wonderland. This will become the premier Tavern/Restaurant/Hotel in all of Bravia! I must go and change into my clothes now. Everyone mingle...and that's an order from the Viceroy himself!"

João chuckled as he headed to his room to change into his themed clothing.
Ermalyse

Post by Ermalyse »

Ermalyse smiled as she saw all the guests arrive, some she new and some she didnt.. She walk to where most of them where gathered and smiles shyly...

Hello I hope you all re having much fun.. this is a big and great special day for my Dear friend Joao...

She looks as the first woman of the entertainment came in dancing her way thrue the guests. Ermalyse smiled...

well looks like the party is going to start... she giggles...