{Roma/Dalakoi} Braas y Sugoo or Comida y Divertido

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Serene

Re: {Roma/Dalakoi} Braas y Sugoo or Comida y Divertido

Post by Serene »

Serene blushed at Scarlet's compliment. She liked to wear the bright colors.
"Thank you."

A child came by like a whirlwind. He took one of the fish she had finished roasting.
She hoped he would enjoy it. She laughed happily at his exuberance.

Serene loved to roast fish. She was so happy to be on this fun vacation.

Taking her other fish off the fire, she starts to eat it. Normally she won't eat the skin, but it crisp up so nicely, she likes the crunching sound it makes when she bites it.
Cassandra is so fun to have around. She watches her big sister expertly roast the fish.

Serene causually remarks, "Being out on the lake with all that water, more water than I had ever seen in one place, made me realize that I am afraid of the water and d don't know how to swim. Do you think I could learn?"
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron watched the others around the campfire as they began to cook the fish and mingled among themselves their own personal tales of the vacation so far. He was glad that everybody was enjoying the town despite the visit coming close to its end before having to move on to their next destination on the Republic. As Scarlet sat up he smiled genuinely and returned the kiss softly "Im glad you are doing good amor.. though I think the others will come after they get a scent of the food being prepared. I must say I am rather famish myself.." he admitted with a hint of humor in his voice while he held his stomach for a moment as it protested in hunger. Since breakfast the druchii had not eaten anything else all day and was now looking forward to a heavy meal.

Watching the fish as they were cooked by Serene and Cassandra he grinned thinking there was something missing "We need wine and more drinks for the creatures.." He said to Scarlet after she was done talking to Yersin. "Cassandra and Serene" Rieron addressed them by their name knowing it would gain their attention quickly since he rarely uses their names, "Pardon the intrusion but by any chance will the fish be needing any more condiments to add and give it more flavor? The camp holds a variety of herbs in its storage that are in surplus.."
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Brishan

Post by Brishan »

Brishan as usual was helping his dai with the last minute stuff for the day. She had bottles and bottles of tinctures and herbal remedies for the camp, however, it all took time and patience. He would have rather been off playing swords with Yersin or he wished Dev would have come with them instead of disappearing into the night. If he would have practiced harder at his sword maybe Dev would have stuck around. His thoughts were interupted by a shout of his name. Grinning he moved to grab his sword.

As an after thought he looked back at his dai, "Can I go out? Please! Lalita said there would be a party at the beach .... Nadya is already there." He whined as he spoke quickly not letting Anselina get a word out. Her face made an odd expression before she just nodded and he bolted from the vardo. "Yersin!!!" He called out as he ran through the camp of vardos and tents.

dai = mom
Lalita = Scarlet's Roma name
Anselina

Post by Anselina »

They were on vacation. She had to remind herself that off and on. However, that didn't change that she was the caravan's drabarni and that came with responsibilities that one could not just vacation from. Her chikno's energy asking to go outside, however, reminded her of the childhood time that every Roma child needed. She bit her lower lip holding back a laugh before just nodding and watching her son run outside.

A soft laugh left her lips as she finished the bottle she was working on and slipped from her vardo and down to the campfire closer to the water's edge. Looking around at the food and people it was heartening to be in a caravan that accepted her and her family as they were. Smiling she joined the group by the cooking fish the soft tinkling sound of the coins affixed to the scarf about her waist over her skirts was probably the only sound that would have alerted anyone of her coming.

She replied over hearing Rieron's request and offered up some information, "You can find them around the purple Vardo ... Isobel does like to keep on top of her cooking supplies." With an umph she felt a small child collide with her leg looking down she smiled and picked up her daughter and held her on her hip as she kissed the girl's cheek. "Mira chikni, me kamav tu." She whispered to her daughter and wondered where the boys ran off to, "Chavos! Dinner!"

Drabarni = Medicine Woman
chikno = son
Mira chickni, me kamav tu. = My dauther, I love you.
chavos = boys
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

The flicker of the warm fire reflected on her eyes as Cass roasted the fish, not too close to the flames since she still preferred her food raw. She turned to her sister smiling sweetly, "Do not fret, I could teach you whenever you wish me to. I... am very comfortable in water". Her mind drifted off, to the times she spend frolicking in the water and how natural swimming came to her... but she wasn't as comfortable in water as she was in the forest..., The sounds of her name being called brought Cass out of her musings and she turned to the dark creature " Condiments Druchii? mmm Im afraid I like my fish as natural as possible. But I appreciate the offer" She nodded shortly before taking a big bite of her almost raw fish and savoring it . " Just perfect, thanks But I wouldn't mind something strong to help it down, if you have anything."

Cassandra then went quiet as she watched little humans run around happily, she stared for a moment not used to seeing children so close. After they tiny humans had run off to be fed Cass turned again to the Druchii, " so... any drinks?"

Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene was startled when Rieron used her name. She had not even been sure he knew it.
She stopped eating her fish and looked up. Serene was an ok cook, nothing to write home about. At least in her own opinion. Most of what she had learned was from trial and error. Maybe one day she could take some cooking classes at the university. But here she was day dreaming about cooking, instead of answering. "Oh yes I would love to try out some new herbs!"
She stood up and nodded and smiled thanks at Scarlet when she clarified the directions on how to find them.
Serene's heart filled with loving gratitude when her sister turned and smiled sweetly at her answering in the affirmative. Life was good, no life was perfect in this moment. Could things possibly get even better? "Thank you so much Cass!". She stored this moment in her heart to cherish.
She skipped over to the vardo wagon and found an incredible array of herbs and spices. She had absolutely no idea what to do with most of them . No idea which were for food and which were medicine. She stood there trance like staring at them all, not sure what to do. She certainly did not want to poison someone!

She picked a vial at random. She could not read the writing or symbols or runes on the bottle. She opened up the bottle to smell it. "Whew wee! That is a very pungent odor!". She quickly put the cap back on and returned it to its spot on the shelf. She stared at them trying to figure out which one to try next.
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene decides on an herb she thinks is basil. She tastes it. Yes! She thinks.
Remembering Cassandras request for drinks, she grabs a barrel of ale and some cups.
"Some basil might be nice on the fish." She brings it all back to the fire and sprinkles the basil and some ale on the fish.
She tastes the fish with the basil and ale on it. "Delicious! Thanks for the suggestion, Rieron. Anyone want to try some?"
Serene sets the glasses and ale down. She pours glasses and offers them.
Serene doesn't mention that she smelled the vial first.
"Scarlet, you have a well stocked pantry. I didn't know some of them."