[ORP] Pence for Your Thoughts

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Devereaux

Re: [ORP] Pence for Your Thoughts

Post by Devereaux »

Always with the lip biting… That particular habit of hers was going to drive Devereaux to distraction. He reached up and gently tugged Grazilda’s lip from between her teeth with his thumb, index finger braced beneath her chin. This he managed to do without knocking her in the nose while they walked.

“And I’m glad for it. You make my day every day I see you so it’s nice to know that I can return the favor occasionally,” Dev smiled down at her.

He reached up and rubbed at his own chin, perpetual stubble scratching against his skin. “If you do then I suppose you will deal with that if and when it happens. Not only is change hard but it often is accompanied with unavoidable consequences. It’s your choice to decide whether or not it’s worth it. And since you apparently think it is… I will be there to support you if you ever have need of it.”

They walked a few more steps before he asked, “Now what do you plan on doing with that broken arrow you’ve got in your hand?”
Grazilda

Re: [ORP] Pence for Your Thoughts

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda was surprised when Devereaux made her stop her lip-biting. "Don't like my lip biting habit, huh?" She winked at him. She fought hard not to bite her lower lip. "So I guess we're even. You make my day. I make your day. And all is good." She smiled. She actually had a very bright smile. In fact, he was the only one who ever made her smile that way.

She noticed that her rubbed his chin so she stopped walking and faced him. She reached out and fingers delicately touched his chin. "Careful on rubbing that. You might wound yourself," and her soft palm found itself against his stubble-filled cheek.

"You're showing so much support for someone that you barely know." She said, pointed the arrow at his chest and smiled. He didn't have to answer that question and she didn't have to hear his reply. She gently pushed the pointed arrow on his chest further to make him step back and sit down.