[RP] The Auction House

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Sultura

[RP] The Auction House

Post by Sultura »

She clutched the stone in her hand buried deeply in the well-worn pocket of her hand-me-down dress. Her mama might not have left her with much more than a spell or two as an inheritance but she knew that this little stone was worth it's weight in freznics. She had known it since finding it in the mine. It hadn't glittered or been all sparkly like the stones she saw the rich ladies fightin' over in the markets but the dull color had broken the dark monotony and she had tucked it in her pocket for later.

The first bit of water she found was in a stream near the mine. She soaked her feet in the cool water and rinsed the stone clean.

She put it on the auction pedestal now and spoke a bit shakily and unsure of herself.

A clear stone. Uncut. I asked around and found out "This stone can be found while mining and transformed into a diamond by a Butcher". This one will be sold. Here. To the highest bidder at the end of the week.
Serene

Re: [RP] The Auction House

Post by Serene »

Serene hears Sultura. Sultura has helped out in her fields a few times so she recognizes her.
Serene stops and tells her, "Cassandra has the training to transform it into a diamond, if you so desire."
She smiles.
Sultura

Post by Sultura »

Thank ya for that. I'll have to find a butcher if no one wants it.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

How much are you selling that for?
Serene

Post by Serene »

"Cassandra is a butcher with the training to help.
I am a butcher, but I can't help you as I don't have training."
Serene holds up her diamond to show her. "Cassandra cut mine. Didn't she do a good job? I think Logo can shape them too. The biggest purchasers of gems that I know of are Logo and Balerion. Balerion is a dragon and I haven't seen him in a while. He maybe hibernating in a cave somewhere as dragons do. Logo is usually about town hall." Serene's voice fades away and she hopes her info has been helpful. Serene sees her sister is interested and backs up to give her a chance to get it.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda looks at Serene. "No, it's all right. I'm just curious about the price. At least for now." She smiles at her sister.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda looks at them. "Well, all right. I'll start the bidding then. I bid for 15 freznics." She looked around and wondered if she's the only bidder.
Juan

Post by Juan »

Juan wandered by. He saw Serene and her new sister bidding on a gem at auction.
He thought, I didn't know gems were so reasonably priced! I can afford to bid on that. If I had a gem, I would not have to work as a steward.
"I will bid 20f" he says with his most charismatic smile.
He saw that he had succeeded in shocking Serene at his boldness.
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene is shocked at the low prices. She thinks it is an auction after all.
"I will bid 60f." She smiles.
Sultura

Post by Sultura »

She listens to the bidding start. 60f and the bidding still going on a stone that she found in the mines wasn't a bad deal.

60f is a bargain alright. Let's see if the price holds?

Sultura rubs the stone on her trousers trying to knock more of the dust away and find a brighter sparkle.