o Shrewd diplomatic relationships
o Creating and sustaining a military force
o Supporting the towns through trade
o Mines maintanence
o Livestock breeding
o Fair judicial practice
* Promote activity throughout the Viceroyalty

2. Duties of the council

* The Viceregal Council consists of 10 elected officials each with designated duties:
1. Viceroy
o Is the leader of the Viceroyalty and is responsible for ensure that the needs of the Viceroyalty are met and it's welfare is protected.
o To assign council positions
o To maintain an overview of council and to direct it as necessary
o To oversee all diplomatic relations
2. General
o To be the leader of the Viceregal Army
o To submit to the authority of the Viceregal council
3. People's Representative
o To liaise between the council and the people by reporting from the council and bringing requests to the council
4. Public Prosecutor
o To enforce the laws of the Viceroyalty and the towns
5. Judge
o To uphold justice
o To maintain the spirit of the law
o To judge both fairly and wisely
6. Finance minister
o To facilitate trade with the towns through the Viceregal fair and through effective negotiation
o To issue grants to trades to facilitate trade between Viceroyalties and Nations
o To look after the financial needs of of the Viceroyalty by maintaining the Mint
7. Mine Minister
o Set mine wages
o Mine Maintenance
o To provide an assessment of the mines as required
8. Internal Affairs Minister
o Animal breeding and feeding
o Castle Wall maintenance
9. Ministers at large
o Duties to be determined by the Viceroy and the Viceregal council according to need

2. Citizen's Rights
*A citizen is defined as all residents of the Viceroyalty of Bravia as well as any lawful visitors
All citizens of the Viceroyalty have:
1. A right to free speech, worship and political affiliation
2. A right to equal treatment irrespective of gender, race, species, sexual orientation or ability
3. A right to trade on the markets
4. A right to a free and fair trial represented by counsel, if desired, and the right to an appeal of their case to the Mages upon conclusion of the initial case
5. A right to legally defend their town or capital and to bear arms to achieve this
6. A right to cast their vote for the Viceregal Council and Mayor of their City
7. A right to run in a Viceregal Council election by starting or joining a list and/or to run in a Mayoral election
8. A right to appeal the actions of their Mayor to the Town council and, if this is unsuccessful, to appeal to the Viceregal Council
9. A right to associate with an order, guild, corporation or other groups of political, cultural, or economic nature
10. A right to petition the government and to assemble lawfully

3. War
1. Declaration of war
* Prior to a declaration of war, Council must agree to a State of Emergency with a two thirds majority
* A State of Emergency gives military powers to the Viceroy, General and up to two nominated councillors
* Council can rescind the State of Emergency at any time as long as the vote receives a two thirds majority
* A State of Emergency affects no Council functions other than those that are required to support the armies of the Viceroyalty
2. Armies
* Any army raising it's flag within the borders of the Viceroyalty of Bravia must obtain sanction from the Council or disband immediately
* If the army fails to disband then it will be declared rogue and the forces of the Viceroyalty will mobilise to destroy it and all members of the rogue army will face charges of treason
* No army may enter the borders of the Viceroyalty of Bravia without permission from the Council
* No foreign unsanctioned army, IE an army that has no viceregal sanction from any Viceroyalty, may enter the Viceroyalty of Bravia
* Any foreign unsanctioned army entering the Viceroyalty of Bravia will be attacked and it's members will be charged with insurrection
3. Act of War
* An Act of War is defined as any action by a foreign power to destabilize the Viceroyalty of Bravia
* Any Army sanctioned by another Viceroyalty entering the Viceroyalty of Bravia without council approval shall be deemed hostile and attacked.
* The Entry of the aforementioned army shall be considered as an Act of War by the sanctioning Viceroyalty
* Under the declaration of an Act of War, The Viceroyalty of Bravia will not hesitate to send armies into the invader's territory
4. Spoils of War
* Goods or money taken from a conquered territory shall be considered spoils of war
* If such goods are taken from us then the return of such should be part of the peace negotiations
* Towns or mines are not spoils of war and so can be retained when the war is over unless included in any peace treaty
5. War Crimes
* Starving a besieged town into submission affects non-combatants and is considered a war crime
* Destroying the infrastructure of the Viceroyalty in a manner which can adversely affect non-combatants is considered a war crime

4. Criminal Law
1. Revolt
* Sanctioned
If a Mayor resigns or the town hall is taken by unsanctioned revolt then the council can sanction a legal revolt to regain control of the affected Town Hall. The poll should take no longer than 24 hours and can be applied retro-actively if necessary.
* Unsanctioned
This is defined as any revolt against the Town Hall or the Castle that has not been approved by the Viceregal council. Participation in a non-Viceregal Council sanctioned Town Hall Revolt is considered an act of treason against the Viceroyalty of Bravia and the officials elected to serve therein.
2. Robbery
* Viceregal Robbery
Robbery of Bravia inhabitants or safe conduct visitors on the roads of Bravia is prohibited.
* Town Robbery
Mayors of the towns are responsible for the creation and maintainence of the Town Legal Corpus. If the Corpus fails to cover an offence, then the Viceregal laws may be applied
3. Dereliction of duty
* Viceregal Councillors
Elected Councilors who are established as being inactive and/or derelict in their duties may be removed from their appointed positions by the Viceroy and fined for dereliction of duty.
Grand Mage Zachrin. I stand before you here today under false accusations and being accused of breaking laws which do not exist or do not coherently peice together with my actions.
Charged as ~ TREASON

Your Honor,
I come today to present to you the case of VR of Bravia vs. the Former Mayor of Bravia Xavier.

He stands accused of Robbery as defined:
* Viceregal Robbery
Robbery of Bravia inhabitants or safe conduct visitors on the roads of Bravia is prohibited.

That is, He stands accused of Robbing of Bravia, specifically, to the estimated sum of 3317.20 fr.
He admits to this robbery as stated:

Citizens of Bravia,
It has been an honour robbing you is all I can say...because it has been a nightmare governing you. You are some of the
least pleasent people I have had the displeasure of encountering minus a few special cases. On this note I inform you I am
moving to Fenia. A place that will be better suited to my tastes. Enjoy your life and I hope you make the best of what you
have.

regards,
Xavier, Betrayer of Bravia

Further, His self-stated betrayal has and will cause hardships on the people, whom he stole from idirectly through the TH.

It is requested that should your honor find him guilty, he be fined an amount equivilant to the amount stolen, and the goods looted from the Market of Bravia during his departure.

~~~

Xavier is permitted:

A right to a free and fair trial represented by counsel, if desired, and the right to an appeal of their case to the Mages upon conclusion of the initial case
Now, it is to my knowledge that this charge brought before me states and I will say it very clearly so that the VC will understand.
Now under the impression on how this sentence is phrase and the area it covers. I have robbed no one on the roads of Bravia and have never made any attempt to do so. This is a false charge and the accusations made against myself do not fall under the legal limit of this crime. I admitted to robbing Bravia, however, Bravia is neither a person or on the roads. It is very much a city. The prosecution may talk to you of indrect robbery, however, No citizen of Bravia was directly impacted because of this and none shall be. Before I was even mayor, Bravia had the highest mortality rate in both Fenia and Bravia, and I put it to you that it is not me that has caused damage to Bravia but past mayors.

I am not guilty of this crime and if the judge finds me as such then this is in abuse of their powers and an illegal act.
Charged as ~ Public Disorder

Your Honor,
I come today to present to you the case of VR of Bravia vs. the Citizen of Bravia Xavier.

He stands accused of abusing his citizen's rights of:
All citizens of the Viceroyalty have:

A right to trade on the markets

Evidence:
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad29 ... ence07.jpg

This evidence shows Xavier stealing a sum of 454.75 fr from the TH of Bravia.

Xavier is permitted:

A right to a free and fair trial represented by counsel, if desired, and the right to an appeal of their case to the Mages upon conclusion of the initial case.
One cannot be charged for using a right granted to him. this charge is nonsense. I am allowed to use the market to trade. On top of this there is no law stating that one may not abuse this right, which I haven't done anyway. This is ridiculous and I if charged I will charge the prosecutor and judge for abusing their power and demand the immediate return of any fine I am given.
Charged as ~ TREASON

Your Honor,
I come today to present to you the case of VR of Bravia vs. the former Councilor Xavier.

I come to present 2 charges against Xavier. These are:

Failure to act in a manner befitting a Councilor as defined:
1) To create and uphold the Viceregal Laws
2) To ensure the welfare of the Viceroyalty through supporting the towns through trade.

This is proven conversation found in the taverns, as well as discussion through many private venues.

The Chief piece of evidence towards this is found here:

This parchment reads:

Citizens of Bravia,

It has been an honour robbing you is all I can say...because it has been a nightmare governing you. You are some of the
least pleasent people I have had the displeasure of encountering minus a few special cases. On this note I inform you I am
moving to Fenia. A place that will be better suited to my tastes. Enjoy your life and I hope you make the best of what you
have.

regards

Xavier, Betrayer of Bravia

He stands accused of Causing detrimental trades to the Town hall of Bravia while a Councilor of Bravia.

Evidence:
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad29 ... ence06.jpg

This evidence shows Xavier stealing a sum of 363.8 fr from the TH of Bravia, via the open markets. I would suggest this
proves failure to support the laws of Bravia, and failure to ensure the welfare of Bravia through supporting the towns
through trade.
firstly, you forget to mention the numerous trades I have made with Paz giving fish to the citizens and giving the citizens of Paz low price meat. this has no relavence but please do not take me for a person that did not try.

The first charge is null and void from the start. Why? because as proven with the above charges...there is nothing in the legal corpus which is provided above that I have done wrong. The legal corpus provided above is the most up to date corpus that I have found in my searches. I did find other laws that have been passed but even those did not come close to the actions I have committed.

Secondly, I very clearly resigned from my position as a councillor before aknowldgement of my crimes was apparent.

thirdly, Please show me these discussions and private venues because unless stated through a direct in game mode...it has no relavence and is not accountable as evidence.

In conclusion, I am not accountable for these charges because, one they do not cover the wrongs that the VC beleive I have committed, two they are not written into the legal corpus of Bravia and finally evidence provided does not correspond with the charges placed upon me anyway.
Last edited by Xavier on Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zachrin

Re: False Charges

Post by Zachrin »

Moved per request of Poster to Bravia Inn.
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Just going to say this but the fact that not one of the council has stepped up and decided to reply obviously means they accept that they have nothing on me. You have thrown false charges at someone who has broken no law of Bravia's. This is a pety attempt to steal my earned money. If this is how the council acts I am glad I am no longer part of it and I am glad I am now a Fenian.

Your actions bring shame to your viceroyalty.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

Or they're refusing to comment on an ongoing legal suit. ;)
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

It ain't like i'm there to defend myself...attacking an innocent bystander is low...even for Bravia....but then it really isn't. Just a note but your viceroy is taking this rather harshly...I was having a nice conversation with you in the BLU forum and he has blocked me....pity...ah well. :lol: Anyway...like I have said above...these are not even laws...you can make them laws now if you wish...they won't harm me in anyway considering I committed these actions before the crime was in place.

So once again...you charge me your seeing none of it...I will take you to the court of appeals and ask that you all be fined for abuse of power of your positions. Enjoy my little Bravian fellows. ;)
Xenina

Post by Xenina »

I will review this argument later and apply every defense to your cases independently. They should not be grouped together in ANY way. However, please note that you can not appeal a case until the Judge has ruled.

I HIGHLY (and I can't stress that enough) encourage you to come to an agreement with the PP of Bravia before your actions cause a permanent rift in these two countries good will. I am also encouraging the King to enter into discussions with Council (except for me) and come up with an agreement of some kind. I will not be involved in any way and I will not read these nor any other arguments until it is time for my ruling.

Again, each case shall be ruled independently on it's own merit and it is not your place to decide your guilt nor innocence, so I implore you to stop trying to appeal a case which has not been ruled on, nor thrown out yet.

Signed,
Xenina Rose
Judge of Bravia
Speaking as a citizen and not as a Judge: I know that you are young, but you must understand that there will be consequences to your actions. You have done a very serious thing. Consequences could include a deep rift between our countries (which I have already seen come to fruition). We may also see malice toward the law and the council. This will damage our council's resolve and harm our abillity to build Bravia. Surely all Fenians don't think you should walk free with no consequences. So, there will be some who have malice toward you and even to the King for "protecting you".

Are a few thousand freznics really worth all the pain that you have caused and will cause?
balerion

Post by balerion »

Actually we do, and yes they are.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xenina wrote:
I will review this argument later and apply every defense to your cases independently. They should not be grouped together in ANY way. However, please note that you can not appeal a case until the Judge has ruled.

I HIGHLY (and I can't stress that enough) encourage you to come to an agreement with the PP of Bravia before your actions cause a permanent rift in these two countries good will. I am also encouraging the King to enter into discussions with Council (except for me) and come up with an agreement of some kind. I will not be involved in any way and I will not read these nor any other arguments until it is time for my ruling.

Again, each case shall be ruled independently on it's own merit and it is not your place to decide your guilt nor innocence, so I implore you to stop trying to appeal a case which has not been ruled on, nor thrown out yet.

Signed,
Xenina Rose
Judge of Bravia
Speaking as a citizen and not as a Judge: I know that you are young, but you must understand that there will be consequences to your actions. You have done a very serious thing. Consequences could include a deep rift between our countries (which I have already seen come to fruition). We may also see malice toward the law and the council. This will damage our council's resolve and harm our abillity to build Bravia. Surely all Fenians don't think you should walk free with no consequences. So, there will be some who have malice toward you and even to the King for "protecting you".

Are a few thousand freznics really worth all the pain that you have caused and will cause?
Actually most of this lot agree that you have no laws in place to charge me with anything. This is a disgrace as a trial. There should be no discussion. For I have done nothing wrong...and as I have said previously, and now you have added fuel to the fire, you have no way as judge to find me guilty of anything that is against the laws of your viceroyalty.

I may be young but you are younger my dear Xenina and you must fail to see that even though you sepak as a citizen you are without a doubt the judge of Bravia. Your words clearly tell me that you have no intention of calling this trial fairly. I would hope that as a sensible headed person you can see you have no crimes that you can accuse me of and that you realise your mistakes as a council.

The prosecutor should readily drop all charges against me and instead of wasting the time of citizens of both viceroyalties maybe work on preventing this from happening again. Maybe this can be a wake up call to you.

ETA: Yes, in fact I wish to cause pain to all Bravians. I wish to see you suffer for the boredom you have brought to my life, the resistance to my time as mayor when I initially tried to help you all and to the council who have sat on their butts doing little save Finwe and Peronell, who I will give credit to, make an excellent combo and have adptly led Paz. Maybe this is a wake up call to you all to start writing laws to protect your citizens.

ETA2: Another point I would like to make is that this was initially an appeal but I have changed it to a defense. It shall be used as an appeal with extra juicy bits added if you find me guilty still and you would also suffer from the king's promise. You have nothing on me.
Last edited by Xavier on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balerion

Post by balerion »

I bet 100 gold that X get away scott free.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Me too. When done the legal way, that is :D
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."