To the Viceregal Council of Bravia

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Project LVI

To the Viceregal Council of Bravia

Post by Project LVI »

Greetings Council Members,

I write to you today to attempt to stop what will be considered a criminal act upon a subject, or citizen, of Fenia. You have brought what you believe to be "Promising Charges" to one Xavier but as he pointed out none of which correspond with what he has done. I am not going to break down each charge as he has already done that, but write to you with fair warning. It is common talk among your own people that your laws are "loop-holey" etc., and to see what seems to be an upset council attempt to take this to advantage and misinterpret any law possible in any way you see fit to get a charge onto someone who has recently, by your own current laws, done nothing defined as "criminal" in hopes that one charge sticks... seems absolutely pathetic in my eyes. I suggest cease spending time on these pathetic charges, and that you take this in stride and as a lesson, to work for better organization and to finish discussion on anything that may prevent this from happening, again, so you are able to defend your citizens.

Now, again I see these charges as false and pathetic. As the current Defendant received these monies at what was, and what is still currently, a legal and non-criminal way in your Viceroyalty and thus also make your charges a crime as they would do nothing but harm Xavier in multiple ways I promise you Viceregal Council Members of Bravia if you continue these drastic and poor charges each and every single one of you shall be charged for causing harm to one of my subjects if you step foot in Fenia, each of you for the amount fined to Xavier, if he is somehow indeed found Guilty. Finally if these charges continue and he is found guilty and/or fined for something you twisted your current laws into; the possibilities of any sort of negotiation of any kind will be dropped between Bravia and myself.

- King LVI

Wandress

Re: To the Viceregal Council of Bravia

Post by Wandress »

Interesting to see Fenia is supporting and encouraging criminal activity. You don't frighten us, Fenian pig-dog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs
Xenina

Post by Xenina »

Dear King Project LVI,

This is not a good action on your part Your Highness. The people elected the PP and the Judge. It is not up to the common man, nor the people in Fenia to decide charges nor to decide guilt.

Perhaps you should trust those who were elected into this office to do their jobs appropriately. If afterward you have problems with the rulings, I welcome an appeal to mages or to an elected Chief Justice (as I have suggested in the Council Chambers).

It is true that our laws are new, but I will follow "the Spirit of the Law", as my position dictates. I will assume that you weren't aware that I am the Judge in Bravia and take your "encouragement" without malice.

I do welcome any kind of negotiation with the PP. Unfortunately I can not be involved in that.

Sincerely,

Xenina Rose
Judge of Bravia
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Of course he is encouraging it. More money for his kingdom. Maybe we should dump the laws and elect a king ourselves, one who decides what's criminal here and what's not. Much easier and no loop-holes ;)
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."
balerion

Post by balerion »

Yes, get a king. Ours.

Just one thought: Extradition is a bitch.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Xenina

Post by Xenina »

I disagree. The King knows that a rift between our Countries would not be a pleasant thing. I have faith that he will speak with the Council.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

...and I have faith that you reasonably think about your decision as a judge. You are Bravian and I heavily lean upon the fact that if you find me guilty of any of the charges you are guilty of abuse of power and as I am being charged with at the moment failure to uphold the duties of a councillor. Also Fenia is much better of than Bravia, geogprahically and economically.

Take you location on the map as proof. You are surrounded by the sea and Fenia. If Fenia decides to cut all communication and trade with you then to be honest you are much worse off mainly because...you then have no neighbouring viceroyalties willing to do trade. Whereas Fenia has clearly on the maps two roads leading eastward for which future viceroyalties can trade with.

Secondly, now that most of Bravia is in ruins, what need is there for Fenia to trade with Bravia? What would be the huge gain that they do not already possess. speaking about this from a completely normal basis...Bravia Towne has the highest mortality rate in all of Secfenia and has the worst and most empty market. People are paid not even a days wages for strawberries and meat and on top of this your mines already have trouble.

I fail to see how you think this is a bad move on his royal highness' part. He has clearly got the upper hand in many respects and I would aptly conclude that you are very much at his mercy. You have an unbalanced economy and a faulty legal system. Bravia is doomed to fail.

On top of this it is Bravia who ruin the relationship between the viceroyalties by falsly accusing and attempting to fine one of his citizens.

I think the council should conclude from this, as his royal highness clearly states, you should sit back, learn from this and prevent it from happening again and be prepared for thisn next time instead of making a feeble set of accusations and trying to harm an innocent man.

Xavier sits waiting for the reply.
Xenina

Post by Xenina »

Xavier wrote:...and I have faith that you reasonably think about your decision as a judge.
If you mean that sincerely then thank you.
Xavier wrote:You are Bravian and I heavily lean upon the fact that if you find me guilty of any of the charges you are guilty of abuse of power and as I am being charged with at the moment failure to uphold the duties of a councillor.
That is your opinion and I'll try not to see it as a dagger aimed at my heart. The rest of your argument is very personal and has nothing to do with your legal proceedings. I won't be commenting on anything further. If you wish for something to be posted in your defense, PLEASE post it in the Court or label it as an official defense statement and mail it to me privately. Thank you.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xenina wrote:
Xavier wrote:...and I have faith that you reasonably think about your decision as a judge.
If you mean that sincerely then thank you.
Xavier wrote:You are Bravian and I heavily lean upon the fact that if you find me guilty of any of the charges you are guilty of abuse of power and as I am being charged with at the moment failure to uphold the duties of a councillor.
That is your opinion and I'll try not to see it as a dagger aimed at my heart. The rest of your argument is very personal and has nothing to do with your legal proceedings. I won't be commenting on anything further. If you wish for something to be posted in your defense, PLEASE post it in the Court or label it as an official defense statement and mail it to me privately. Thank you.
The rest of my argument is cold hard fact. This is another reason why this is an unfair trial. I am sorry but stating before me that the evidence and defense i present before you is all personal before the case is done is bias. I call for a mistrial based upon the bias of the judge and the bias of the witness. I can provide evidence to the judge to prove that the witness is suseptible to lying and clearly does not beleive in the morals of the court.

It is not my opinion...show me clearly and state how I have broken one law of Bravia's. If not you then another councilor. I am sorry but your charges are pathetic and surmount to a child not getting his way. :lol: It ain't a dagger at your heart. I would be saying the same thing to whoever was the judge. This is an unfair trial and the conclusion is never going to go my way because you from the start are against me winning...because of several reasons...

1) I stole from your capital, where half the council reside including the judge.
2) I am no longer Bravian.

These are facts and nobody can dispute them...none of the council nor the judge can in good consience say that this will be a fair trial.
Datron

Post by Datron »

There is a place for a defense to be brought up it is in the courthouse. Any thing brought up anywhere in forums in the form of a defense is moot to the case as it is not worthy of a response. At the time of the charges being filed Xavier was in the Viceroy of Bravia and a citizen as such where he lives now is of no matter. If he wishes to make a defense then he can do it in the courthouse. If one is so sure of thier defense it sure is odd that they would flee so quickly.