The Masquerade

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
balerion

The Masquerade

Post by balerion »

Balerion had a huge smile on his face when he opened the doors. There were a few crickets outside so far waiting to be let in. No matter, a few more invites could still easily be sent. Everything was so shiny, and with such great food he wouldn't even mind if he had to eat it all himself. He was of course already in costume even if he wasn't going to participate in the costume contest. He wondered what people would think of his outfit.

Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Treant

Re: The Masquerade

Post by Treant »

Former mayor, counselor and mines manager, playwright, and noted environmentalist Treant sends regrets as he remains rooted to the same spot where he was born. Have a good time all.
Felicita

Post by Felicita »

What a glorious affair - do send further details!

Felicita
Graf

Post by Graf »

An old man wearing pajamas and a wide brimmed hat hobbles in taping his cane, giggling and laughing as if someone only he can see is telling jokes. He notices the big shiny room his eyes going big, his mouth forming a "O". He then giggles and claps jumping up and down doing a wierd jig. He pauses suddenly as his eyes spot the ton of food on the other sude of the room. He runs/half hobbles over to it and promptly stuffs a piece of cheese in his mouth chewing in delight.

He looks around to make sure no one is looking then quickly begins stuffing a bit of everything into a tiny bag tied around his. Finished with that he looks around his smile faltering slightly as he notices no one else in the room.

He shouts "where is everyone?!?!?"

He listens to see if anyone answers since his eyes werent to good in his old age. He hears a echo. He proceeds to answer it and talk with his echo. He begins geting frustrated with the conversation seemingly to go around in circles. He stands abruptly waving his cane threatening at no one in particular, not knowing who he was talking to.

"Ill show you, you old bat! I can drown you out!!!"

Cackling madly he runs over to the small stage with a victorous gleam in his eyes. He opens tge tiny bag and shouts into the mouth of the bag. A loud lion roar escapes the bag. He jumps and proceeds shouting at it again with names added in. Shortly after 12 globes of light of differing colors and sizes shoot out of the bag and begin circling his head making odd but pleasant sounds.

He swats at them cursing and shouts "The stage!!! go there!!" They proceed to head toward the food making excited noises

"NOoooo!!! Over there!!!" points at the stage.

The strange globes alter course and arrange themselves on the stage suddenly going quiet. Graf positions himself in the front facing the stage. He then proceeds to pat himself down looking for something. He cackles and pulls out a wooden spoon and raises it up suddenly looking like a conductor at a concert. He begins moving his arms up and down. The room is suddenly filled with the sound of a ballroom orcestra ready to greet the guests. He cackles in delight at his success.
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene decides to go to the party. What fun! she exclaims. She decides to go as a turtle. She found a very large shell in the wilds. It was easy to bring back as the magic bag made it light.
She put the shell on her back and crawled into the ball. She tilted the shell a bit and watches Graf on the stage. The shell turned out to be much heavier than she thought when she picked the idea of being a turtle.
Ceol

Post by Ceol »

Ceol followed the sound of the orchestra and fluttered through one of the large windows into a large room.
"Ooh what is this? It looks like a palace!"
She giggled and explored the room, following the music. What she saw then was an old man and lights on stage, and a huge turtle! She had never seen such a big turtle before.
Ceol landed on the big turtle's back, hopefully it wouldn't mind. "Hello Old Graf and wise big turtle!" she said.
Ceol listened to the music and after a while she snapped her fingers to make her fairy sized violin appear. She started to play along with the music. It was all so beautiful! She was sure creatures would feel like dancing soon.
Akos

Post by Akos »

Akos entered the ballroom attempting to hide the scowl on her face. She truly hated these sorts of events, but when your wife was as popular as Aishe not to mention as persuasive, then it was virtually inevitable that she would be attending, whether she liked it or not. Initially, she had refused, but the idea of finally spending an evening alone with her wife away from the burdens of motherhood was enough to get her to agree, but with conditions. Akos was going to choose her own outfit. However the afternoon of the event she had gone to her closet to find everything removed with the exception of a single dress. She had searched the house for her other items of clothing to no avail, and so in the end Akos had been forced to make a decision, stay home, go in her underwear or suck it up don her mask and wear the gown her wife had so deviously found for her.

It was easy to see that she had arrived early due to the lack of people that were so far present. Akos paused in the doorway and cast her eyes around the room, nodding her greeting towards Baleron who was so far the only person she recognised. With a soft huff, she ran her hands down the embroidered bodice of her dress and made a beeline for a chair towards the back of the room where she sat impatiently waiting for her wife to arrive.
Last edited by Akos on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Paperwork aside and dress on, Aishe left the office hastily. She knew she was a bit behind schedule and her wife was, no doubt, already waiting for her. During her very brief summer break from politics, she had forgotten how time consuming it could be. Needless to say, the job of Mayor had been quick to remind her.

As the place for the ball came into view, she slipped on her mask. Although it was simple, she loved how it paired with her bright blue eyes and blonde curls, which she had hanging free and loose around her face. And then there was the dress she had clinging to her small, petite frame - bold and bright, unusual and eye-catching. Four years ago, she would have never been so brave as to wear something this different, yet a good deal had changed since then. She was a much more confident, well known woman now. And for once, she was going to embrace that. Flaunt it, even.

The blonde slipped through the doors, eyes immediately sweeping over the grand, beautifully decorated room. With the little guests there already, her wife was more than easy to spot, hiding away at some table in the back. A wide grin split across her lips as she made her way towards Akos, eyes wandering over the dress. You know, I'd think you would have had enough hiding away with being a mother. You should mingle. Grinning still, she offered her hand and as her wife rose, pressed a soft kiss to her lips. You look absolutely stunning, ves'tacha. You have great taste, I must say... With a light laugh, she bit her lip in anticipation of the coming remarks. The closet in her office was filled to the brim currently with her wife's clothing and Aishe knew that said wife hadn't been very pleased to find that out when getting ready.

Ves'tacha ~ Beloved
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[ Art | Historian ]
Akos

Post by Akos »

She tried desperately hard to maintain her glare as she caught sight of her wife, but couldn't contain the gasp that slipped from her lips instead. Akos let her eyes slowly wander her wife's body as the woman crossed the expanse of the room making no effort to hide the want that must surely be obvious to any who may have been looking. The spell lasted long enough for Aishe to get a kiss in before Akos regained her senses, her brow furrowing in annoyance, You stole my clothes? Really Aishe?! Akos shook her head at the blonde beauty before her, What would you have done if I'd just stayed home hm?
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

Aishe's laugh grew a bit louder and she shook her head, giving her wife another peck before leaning in close to whisper in her ear, I knew you couldn't resist a night out with me. And it seems to stand that I was right. It had been a bit of a gamble, but most things were with her unpredictable wife. Smiling contently, she stepped back and peered about. Now, I wonder where Bale is.. You can blame him for dragging me out, for which, you have been dragged out. As far as I'm concerned, he owes me a drink and a definitely a dance. She looked back at Akos, but her eyebrows arched upwards in confusion as she realized something was off. Narrowing her eyes slightly, her eyes drifted to the bottom of her wife's dress, where her feet were hidden away. I dare say, you've shrunk. A good bit too.
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[ Art | Historian ]