The Masquerade

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Serene

Re: The Masquerade

Post by Serene »

Serene scooted around the floor. Staying as close to the ground as she could crawl. She was excited that Ceol had landed on her. Ceol was so light that if she had not talked and called her a wise big turtle, Serene never would of known that she had landed on her turtle shell. Serene giggled at being called a wise turtle. She didn't think she had been called a wise anything in her life.
Serene liked the music that Ceol played on her violin. Because of her choice of costume she really could not see much. She had wrapped some green cloth about her so she would appear to be a wrinkly green turtle, if someone happened to see her head.
The music made her want to dance, but the shell was heavy and cumbersome. Her dancing appeared to be a weird wiggling motion.
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

Baby arrives at the masquerade. "I didn't get an invite, but in my costume, no one will know I'm crashing this party," she said triumphantly, proud of the costume she wore. Baby's costume was that of a lizard woman in a red trench coat. It made her virtually impossible to identify through sight alone.

With a skip in her step, she glided into the ballroom, all decked out as Daddy's Little Girl.

Glancing around for someone she know, Baby quickly spotted her grandfather; though, she couldn't call him by that, else she'd ruin her great disguise. Grampa Graf was on stage anyway, and Baby didn't want to draw that much attention to herself, so she scanned the ballroom some more.

Baby noticed a turtle on the floor and thought they were the same shade of green. She wondered if she knew the lady or gent in the clever costume. She decided to approach the turtle and strike up a conversation to see if she could figure out its identity. As she neared, she also saw Ceol, someone she'd worked for on occasion, but never really talked to. "Hello Ceol and turtle," Baby said her tongue flicking out as she'd seen her father do on many occasions. Of course, Baby was unable to smell with her tongue like her father, but she'd pretend to be able to anyway.

"How is.." Baby started to say Ceol and turtle, as she normally would, then realized she'd best change her speech pattern if she didn't wish to be given away. "How are you? Enjoying the party?"
Akos

Post by Akos »

Akos huffed despite herself at her wife's words unable to hide the pout on her lips, Oh yes, a night out with my lovely wife, whose first port of call for the evening is with the dragon...I doubt I shall see you for more than 5 minutes, she paused at glared at the beast, indeed seeing fit to lay the blame for her presence tonight at his clawed feet. Paying attention once more to Aishe's words, Akos couldn't help but smirk at the one small act of defiance she had managed, Just because I have to be uncomfortable doesn't mean my feet have to be! A proud and mischievous smile broke out onto her face as she raised the lower part of her gown to expose her lower legs and bare feet, This dress is at least good for one thing.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Balerion was dressed as a giant cow. He wasn't sure why he picked that, but he thought it a bit funny all the same.

He saw two girls kissing over in the corner and had a fair idea who they might be. The most interesting costume he had seen yet was a turtle that appeared to be drunk. He wasn't sure if that was part of the costume or if whoever was inside just had a hard time getting around.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Graf

Post by Graf »

Graf turned around every now and then to see if any new guests had joined in the fun. After the waiting his old feet began hurting so he reached into the bag pulling out a rug and spreads it out on the floor. He sits on it as it begins levitating a few feet in the air still conducting the orbs. He turns once again and spots a turtle walk in!!!

He shouts giggling "Forward!!!!"

The magic carpet shoots forward toward the small group of people. Graf nearly topples onto the floor as the carpet picked up speed but catches himself just in time. The carpet abruptly stops a few feet from the little group of people (ceol, serene and baby :p). He falls forward as the carpet come to a abrupt halt, faceplanting fully on the floor at their feet giggling.
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Dwayberry hoped she wouldn't regret coming all the way to Bravia for Balerion's masked ball. She was wearing a large yellow hat, blue jacket and striped pants. Hopefully, people would recognise who she was supposed to look like now.
She wasn't unrecognisable, as she couldn't hide her face in darkness like that, but she thought some people might at least get the idea.

Dwayberry entered the ball room and looked around. She thought she recognised some of the others, though it was hard to tell with all these outfits. The giant cow must be Balerion, but she had no idea who that turtle was. Seeing Graf, Dwayberry made her way over to the snack table fast before the destructive old man would get his hands on the food. She took her time going over all the available food, then sighed in disappointment. If Balerion wanted her to be here, then where were the pies and strawberries?
This was unacceptable.
Dwayberry straightened her large hat and made her way over to the giant cow.
"Hello Moolerion..." she said. "Did I get a babysitter for my child for nothing? You better do something about the food quick or I'll..." she hesitated and looked up, almost expecting lightning bolts to come crashing down on her soon. "Or I'll... start banning people from this party?"
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."
balerion

Post by balerion »

Balerion looks at Dway surprised.

What is wrong with the food my dear? I thought it was lovely. As he says this he sticks an overly large pie into his mouth.
Shaker of Castles
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

When she saw Grampa Graf soaring towards them, Baby knew she had to play it cool - or not. After all, she didn't want to ruin her disguise, so she should act totally surprised by Gramp's antics, as if she's never met him. As Grampa Graf comes in for his "landing," Baby jumps back and puts her hands up as if to protect herself. She looks around bewildered. Pretending to collect herself, Baby offers, "Hello..."

Somewhat worried that her crazy grampa might actually be the one person to see through her disguise, Baby decides to slip away before he has a chance to realize it's her. "Excuse me. I think I'm going to get something to drink."

Baby hurries over to where some wine is situated on a table, and gulps down a whole glass then she walks out in search of some fresh air.
Ceol

Post by Ceol »

Ceol giggled when the big turtle started to move in time with the music. She was quite impressed with those moves. It must be hard to move at all with a shell that heavy!
When the lizard lady approached and spoke, Ceol thought for a moment that she must know this lady. She couldn't remember ever seeing her before, but her voice sounded familiar. However when the lady continues speaking, it sounded different and Ceol wasn't sure anymore who this could be.
"Hello Lizard lady!" Ceol said and smiled "I'm doing very well, thank you. How are you, do you like the music?"

Suddenly Graf came over fast on a flying carpet. He stopped in time, but seemed to lose his balance and fell on the floor.
Ceol gasped "Oh no Old Graf! Are you alright?" Ceol fluttered over to him and waved her tiny hands in front of his eyes "How many fingers do you see? Old creatures shouldn't fall like that. Their bones are fragile and precious like an old vase"
She lifted one of the hairs from his beard and used it as a harp string to test if it sounded normal.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Balerion heard a twanging sound and looked over to see someone playing Graf's beard like a musical instrument. He wasn't sure what had happened but he thought the beard needed a bit of tuning. Walking was awkward in the costume but he managed it and made his way over. Trying to keep incognito he looked down at them all and said, Moo?
Shaker of Castles