A Hard Post To Write

Zachrin

A Hard Post To Write

Post by Zachrin »

There is no easy way for me to write this post, but I will do my best. I started the World of Secfenia as something to help create a community of people to make new friends. I know I've succeeded in many ways. I've had the pleasure of interacting with many of you and former players as well over the years. Near our beginning, I spent a lot more time in the taverns and forums. I got to know a player by the name of Aingeal. As time went on, we got closer and eventually became life partners. She is a joy to have been able to be with and I love her ideas, comments, suggestions. She helped nurture the baby that is this game.

With all of this said, it is my sad duty to announce the death of Renee (aka Aingeal). She was killed relatively instatneous today in an auto accident. It is devastating to myself as well as the family she has remaining. We are struggling to cope with the news and the raw nature of it. Having enjoyed so much time with her, I also know she would want us to celebrate her life as we mourn her. As such, I encourage every player who is willing to share a good memory or story with me. You can do so either privately via IG mail, forum mail, or publicly in this thread. Thank you in advance for those who desire to honor her memory in this way.

In addition, I will be stepping away from many of the administrative functions to try to cope and deal with this great loss. As such, effective immediately, Amaryllis has been put in charge of all non-coding issues including forum administration and changes.
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau
Bridget

Re: A Hard Post To Write

Post by Bridget »

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I have no words... I am heartbroken for you, Zach, and all who knew Renee.
Thank you, Aishe!
Rfpnj

Post by Rfpnj »

She will be missed both in OOC and IC as she served the game in both roles.
Amaryllis

Post by Amaryllis »

I am so very sorry for your loss.
I am still in shock, and had a decent cry. Over the years I had come to enjoy our conversations and ideas as well as thoughts. She was a grounded soul and I can only begin to understand what you are going through.
I wish I could convey more, but words are difficult to find.

Take care of you.

Again, I am so, so very sorry.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

My condolences. I didn't know her too well, but I respected her as a player. Her character was one of the most interesting ones around. Secfenia won't be the same without Aing. :(
Dunstan

Post by Dunstan »

RIP Renee. Will always have fond memories of hanging out and the "catfish chicken" meals (gator), or getting a message about an idea out the blue.

Hard to believe she's gone. Take all the time you need, Zachrin; it is important to find that solace where you can.
Jandar

Post by Jandar »

She and I have been friends for some time now both in game and out. She was special and I am having trouble typing now so will say more later.
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

In the spirit of how important this game is to both Bobby and Renee, I respectfully ask everyone to withhold any IC/RP response to this RL tragedy. We will be working on what has transpired within this world to the spitfire we know and love. Once decided, it will be presented to the community for continuity and closure. I only ask for patience and time for us to figure this out.

Thank you for your understanding.

In the meantime, please continue to share those memories and stories! Let us remember a woman that was a pillar in this community with a smile and a laugh.
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

One if my favorite things to do was to ask Renee to give Bobby a hug for me, or vice verse, especially if I knew they had had a long day.

I also enjoy pestering one via the other. :lol: “Tell Bobby he needs to pay attention to me! Bobby needs to look at this. How is Bobby today - he’s hasn’t been online.” Renee was always a willing participant in the shenanigans. Despite working ALL THE TIME, she was always the one easier to get a hold of.

She kept us company night and day in the BDR-player group chat. Long work weeks meant she was just eavesdropping, with a spontaneous comment here and there. It would really catch me off guard, every time, because it would just be the randomness things she’d respond to sometimes.

The better days were the days off work, so she could spend more time online. With covid, she had been so slammed IRL and her time online was reduced greatly, even just within our chat. It was extra brightening when she popped on to say hello, vent, catch up, or just dive into game stuff. She loved this game and the community so much. It was such a part of her life.

She was someone I loved dearly. I could share concerns and talk freely with her. We could be real with each other. Her heart was filled with love and she loved fiercely. She would do anything for someone she loved. She was quite the character, never giving a dull moment much like her character Aingeal. She is family, both to Aishe and to me.

There’s so much more I want to share and I’m sure I will, but I thought this was a light hearted beginning. :)
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Zachrin, I am shocked and so so, very sorry to hear what happened. What a terrible loss. And how difficult is it to have your loved one ripped away from you so suddenly.
I wish you and her children all the strength and compassion you need to deal with this. Take all the time you need.
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."