Pet Foods Changes

Zachrin

Pet Foods Changes

Post by Zachrin »

Taking player's feedback into mind, I am enacting a multi-part plan to change up Pet foods to more common items.

Part I: Addition of new recipes for Pet Foods

Millers can make 8 canary food using 1 corn and wheat
Millers can make 8 Wilbur food using 1 chaff and salt
Millers can make 8 Mule food using 1 klah leaf and salt
Bakers can make 8 Dog food using 1 bacon and bone
Bakers can make 8 Silly food using 1 black bean and egg

In Future parts, we will remove cup of cornmeal as well as the old recipes.
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau
Nikola

Re: Pet Foods Changes

Post by Nikola »

Wow....That sounds wonderful, except there aren't many bovine bones to be had (all of 2 on the market in Fenia), so dog food will get scarce for awhile. Guess I'll have to start raising cattle whether I want to or not now. :P
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

Nikola wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:17 pm Wow....That sounds wonderful, except there aren't many bovine bones to be had (all of 2 on the market in Fenia), so dog food will get scarce for awhile. Guess I'll have to start raising cattle whether I want to or not now. :P
Well, the great news is that you can raise cattle and/or contact those sitting on tons of bovine bones. There are people with stockpiles of it. To give you an idea, active players have over 2000 bovine bones.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

That's impressive. Hmm....maybe I'll ask around first, then. Thanks, Zach!
MiluielHelebanise

Post by MiluielHelebanise »

Newbie question but how do I get bovine bones? I got a cow field and after they dropped below 50% I killed them. I got hide, carcasses and brains but no bovine bones :(
Mantas

Post by Mantas »

Bovine bones are a by product of a butcher making steak. Here is a log entry to show you.
"You produced in your workshop 6 steaks and stockpiled 2 bovine bones"
If someone is selling them in your town for a high price it's because peasants buy them. Try sending a letter to the butchers in your town for a better price.
Katie

Post by Katie »

As a Miller, I was going to make some canary food in my workshop tonight. (It's been quite a while since I have made any canary food.) Upon arriving at the shop I noted the recipe ingredients:

Pet Food Items you can make:
8 canary food (6 Hours/Batch) Lacking Supplies
Requires:
1 sweet corn (Have: 25)
1 cup of cornmeal (Have: 0)

Cornmeal???? :shock: So were the new recipe ingredients installed and I have a bug? Or was there a delay of implementing your changes to pet food ingredients, @Zachrin?
banner by Aida j'Otun
Katie

Post by Katie »

Nevermind. Upon further investigation of this issue, when I went back to the same Miller Pet Food screen, I see that half way down the screen page is the new recipe. Obviously it's been quite a while since I have made pet food.
banner by Aida j'Otun
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Going to add to this thread:
Currently Phoenix's still have cornmeal listed as a food option - Just thought I would throw that out there that it needs to be removed if corn meal is done. (Am not seeing it as an option to make any longer in my Mill)

Funny thing is, I was perusing here for recipe changes. =) Glad you keep this here for players @Zachrin

EDIT to add: Ah, sorry, wasnt thinking about all the corn meal still left in game.
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

I understand and the Final Phase is in play for Cups of Cornmeal:

viewtopic.php?t=14418