A New Road Home

Moderator: Community Team

Seren

A New Road Home

Post by Seren »

The dust stirred slightly as she clicked her tongue against her teeth and slapping the reins gently against her mare's rump, behind her pans and pots, dishes, and trunks jangled in her wagon, bouncing with the swaying motion of her wagon. She looked too small to control such a large wagon, but she had been doing so for years, since she learned at her mother's side. She came upon a large town, even from a distance there were people visible in lots of places. She pulled the reins and the horse jangled to a stop. She jumped from the wagon and moved forward to the horses head. She looked at the town from a slightly closer view and leaned near Amira. "Amira? I think we're going to try to make a home here. Let us hope I don't mess up." Her stomach growled and she pressed her hand to it, jingling the final few coins in her purse dangling from her waist. She spotted a sign ahead and knew the symbol on it, a tavern. She needed a meal badly. She had packed well for Amira, but somehow, she had forgotten to pack much food for herself. She let go of the mare and stepped back onto the wagon before continuing her trip into the town. She left the wagon anchored outside the town and slowly walked her way in.
Seren

Re: A New Road Home

Post by Seren »

She slipped into the nearest tavern, barely noting the name as she jangled the coin in her pouch once more. If her memory was correct she had enough for one drink, and a bit to ear, maybe, unless the prices were as high here as they had been in the last town she stopped in. There weren't too many people in the tavern, a few struck her and she made note of their faces, they seemed...settled. As though they were absolutely sure in their sense of belonging. They might know if her mother had come through here, she decided to think of a way to talk to them at some point. She'd be in town for a while. And that would allow her time, plenty of time to talk to the locals. She moved to a table, near, but not too near. It wasn't long before she could place her order. Deciding on just the meal for now she ordered it, and it came. Stew, nice, with pie, better. She carefully tasted a spoonful and found it still steaming hot, she placed the spoon back in the bowl and offered her thanks to the woman bringing it, along with the coin she owed. She found a couple of coins left in her bag, making her smile. She could afford two drinks, one tonight, one tomorrow, but soon a drink was placed at her table, and an invitation was issued for her to join two ladies at their table. She took her bowl, her drink, and with a nod of thanks to the kind man who had bought if for her she took a seat at their table, and soon the trio were in conversation. As time passed Seren found herself confused as to how she had someone staying at her camp for the night... to keep her safe. She stood blinkingly waiting for the other woman, still confused as to how this had worked. Still, it would be nice to have someone near her. It had been many years since her mother had passed away, and in those many years she had gone to sleep in her wagon every night alone. She reminded herself that she must rise up early and seek a job. Surely someone would be hiring, she didn't mind slopping pigs, she never minded milking, didn't have a worry about weeding or sowing fields, or even slaughtering animals, so she would find a job, if not, she supposed she could go to the mines, most places had them, and work was plentiful, even if she wasn't fond of it, being trapped within the dark was not her plan, but she would do it if she must.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

.: February 2 :.

Scarlet was one to allow events to happen. The Kralisi didn't like to force situations, unlike her mate, she enjoyed a more natural flow of events. Seren. The woman was Roma. Scarlet's blood told her that. The connection between her and all Roma was strong and only grew stronger when Seren was around.

And Seren was lost.

The woman needed the safety of the caravan and Scarlet was hoping that dreams and being in Cork would naturally direct her towards the caravan. Many Roma had come to her that way. Maybe Seren was stubborn. It was in the Roma blood to hold fast and to dig in feet if necessary. Whatever it was she made her way towards the woman's vardo with Rianna in tow.

Ocean eyes watched as the younger woman was moving about and around her vardo before she ventured closer, "I heard you were leaving Cork." Scarlet called out warmly within ear reach.
Last edited by Scarlet on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Seren

Post by Seren »

The pans clanked loudly as she secured them. She was stowing everything she could. As soon as she was released from her duties she would be leaving. No getting close to people. That was her rule. She'd made too many friends in her few years. She couldn't, no, she wouldn't be left in tears again when she had to leave the town. There were too many here she had rapidly grown fond of. She rubbed a tear from her cheek with the back of her hand and tied the rope binding them quickly. She moved around the room, placing the candle's she'd formed and had drying outside in the sun into a box. The boxes were carefully tied up and shoved into a cabinet, which was then tied closed. She started humming a song, one her mother had repeated as she did the work Seren now did alone. A voice calling out startled her slightly, she jumped securing the rope before stepping down through the open door onto the little wooden step that eased her path to the ground. Not right this moment, no. But you heard right. the defensive tone of her voice was clearly shown in her posture though she tried to ease it, letting her hands fall from their crossed position, and tried to hold her head a little higher. Can't stay forever you know, she spoke quippingly trying to ease the moment, make it seem fun. She fought lifting her hand to her eyes again to dry the wet rims.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

”The pull in the blood. New adventure. New faces.” Scarlet nodded at the other woman’s words. Soundlessly she picked up a blanket that was left near the campfire and started to fold it in long, slow, movements to draw out the time. Allowing Seren to get used to her presence. Things changed when you were used to being alone then suddenly there were people in your space. After a few moments Scarlet moved and handed the folded blanket to Seren.

”When I came to Cork I was alone. I lived in a vardo like this and only had my vanners for company.” Her ocean gaze moved from Seren to her vanners. She could feel the long road behind them. The sense of searching. ”I eventually found what I was looking for here. Family.” In graceful movements Scarlet went to the vanners and softly introduced herself to them. Allowing them to smell her. Vanners always knew Roma blood no matter if it was masked with Lycan scents. It was their connection.

”When we first met; you were looking for something. Maybe I can help. I have been all over these lands and have seen many things. Perhaps I can know what or who you are looking for?”
Seren

Post by Seren »

She shook her head softly. "It wouldn't make sense. What I'm seeking. It doesn't even make sense to me anymore. Perhaps I chase a fairy tale, a child's bed time story meant to comfort them in the dark when they feel alone." Seren shook her head once more, accepting the blanket. "No, it's best you don't become the fool I seem destined to play." Quietly she put the blanket in her wagon, under the cushion on the bench, where it usually resided. Her eyes focused on something Scarlet had done and she replayed it in her mind's eye. "My horses don't really like anyone. They don't actually seem to allow many around me. They've been... protective for as long as I can remember." She looked at the other woman, "even when nothing and no one else cared, they did. Strange they trust you, have you visited before while I was away? Bribed them with apples or carrots?" She studied the other woman, something there didn't quite add up, why were they friendly.