Encounter with the departed

Moderator: Community Team

Grazilda

Encounter with the departed

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda would not forget the lady who tried to speak to her at the graveyard.

Something tells her that she will find the ghost again, but she had no idea when and where. The only clue that she provided was Rieron, and she was wrong to assume that every creature, living or otherwise, knew her brother. In addition, she knew that strangers, including spirits, were not allowed in the carvan. Thus, there was no way that the lady ghost could talk to her there.

Wary of the flying snowballs at the graveyard, Grazilda went to the forest and created a shelter.

She looked around. "Spirit who tried to communicate with me at the graveyard, I am here and ready to listen," she said and concentrated.
Oreo_TheGhost

Re: Encounter with the departed

Post by Oreo_TheGhost »

Oreo, or at least his ghost, could never be mistaken with what he heard. His master when he was alive, Grazilda, summoned the head. That meant that he was summoned. He was dead, after all.

From the graveyard, he ran fast. He sniffed the air from time to time to determine the direction of Grazilda.

He found himself in the middle of the forest and happily barked at the one that he missed the most.

"Woof! Woof!!!"
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda's eyes were closed when she felt the presence of the departed. She smiled and opened her eyes, in anticipation of meeting the lady in the graveyard.

"Woof! Woof!"

Grazilda opened her eyes. "Huh?" She saw the ghost of Oreo barking at her.

She was happy and annoyed at the same time.

"Oreo, you little mutt! I missed you! Too bad I can't hug you, but I'm glad you're here. I was expecting someone else. A stranger spoke to me at the graveyard and I was hoping to meet her here," she explained.
Oreo_TheGhost

Post by Oreo_TheGhost »

Oreo was a dog who never got angry at Grazilda during his life and beyond. No, he was not angry that she expected someone else. He loved her to the next life and he would always be here for her.

Even after his dead, Oreo never left Grazilda's side. He followed her everywhere she went. He watched over her while she slept. Thus, he was surprised when she suddenly heard her speak to the spirits in the graveyard and responded to his bark.

Now, she can see him and he was the happiest dog---ghost dog for that matter, in all the land.

He sad beside her and waited for whoever she was there for, aside from him, of course.

"Woof! Woof!" He tilted his cute little head at his master to ask who were they waiting for.
Ghost_of_Genova

Post by Ghost_of_Genova »

From Karcier's home in Widu, Genova returned to Cork in a flash. She enjoyed the perks of being a ghost, yet she also was saddened by the limitations of being one.

The clue given to her was not enough, so she walked around the houses of Cork and hoped to see the lady, whom she secretly nicknamed 'Snowball magnet.'

She stopped dead on her tracks, not that she could further die as she was already dead. She sensed a kind of summoning and she could not help but respond to it. She had no idea who it was. All she knew was that her presence was requested and she would not miss the chance to talk to someone, or anyone for that matter.

She found herself in the middle of the forest and saw the familiar face of Snowball magnet and a dog.

Puzzled with the scene, she listened first to the conversation and soon realized the situation.

"I think she was waiting for me, little puppy," she smiled at the little dog. Then, she turned to the lady. "Hello, Snow Magnet. We meet again. I am Genova. And please don't run away again."
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda was glad that the summoned creature responded, but frowned at how she was called. Irked, she raised an eyebrow, "Snowball Magnet?" She placed both hands on her waist.

"Let's get things straight here," her voice neutral. "First of all, my name is Grazilda. Second, you spoke to me first and I was unable to respond properly so I summoned you. Third, I ran away from the snow balls, not from you. Clear?"

She wondered why was she annoyed at the ghost, but she didn't care to find out at that time. All she wanted was to rid herself of things that did not matter to her.

She glanced at Oreo's ghost. "It's nice that you came back, little mutt. You were a pain at times but I missed you dearly."
Ghost_of_Genova

Genova was worried since she offended the lady. She listened to her statements and pondered on how to respond without causing strife.

"Clear," she replied.

"I apolgize if I sounded rude. It was not my intention, Grazilda." Her voice was gentle.

She slowly walked around a bit and selected her words carefully. Grazilda sounded like a bomb ready to explode anytime. "I am Genova. My brother is Karcier from Widu. Rieron was my ally when I was alive and I was hanged for treason."

She sat on the grass and leaned her back on a tree. "I tried to speak to Karcier but to no avail. As years passed, less people and creatures sense my presence. I was afraid that no one else could hear me anymore. I was surprised when you heard me at the graveyard. Can you help me?"

She stood up and looked at Grazilda. "Please? Please help me, Grazilda. I'll do anything you ask," she implored.

She knew she would do anything, no matter how crazy it is, just to speak to her brother again.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda was in full attention when the ghost mentioned Karcier and Rieron. She was intrigued by the details and absorbed every detail.

"I am unable to promise anything at the moment," Grazilda replied to Genova's plea.

She understood how it was to lose someone. She saw sadness in the ghost's eyes and something else. Was it guilt? She didn't know. She wanted to help but she was not one to trust any creature at once, just because two familiar names were mentioned.

Grazilda could turn the situation to her full advantage. The ghost said that she do anything.

She snickered at the thought and let out a sigh. The old Grazilda could use this ghost against those who hurt her. However, she's different now.

Part of her wanted to help Genova. The other part was on guard and shouted within no to trust strangers.

Grazilda was quiet for a few minutes. Then, she let out a sigh. "Look, I don't know you, Genova. Anybody could claim that they know people and throw out some names. Also---," she stopped midsentece.

The ghosts of Genova and Oreo were fading away. "Wait! Don't go! I am not finished yet!"

The apparitions disappeared. And everything was quiet.

She was suddenly alone in the woods.
Ghost_of_Genova

Genova listened as Grazilda started to speak her mind about the matter.

When Genova said earlier that she would do anything just to be able to speak to her brother, she really meant it. She just hoped that this Grazilda woman won't make her do obnoxious things. Then again, what harm can it do to a ghost like her?

She panicked at Grazilda's change of expression. "What's wrong?" She asked. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm still here," she waved her arms frantically in front of Grazilda but she received no reaction.

"Grazilda? Can you hear me? Can you see me?" Genova asked.

But Grazilda seemed to be unable to hear nor see her.

Genova wondered if this was just a bluff for Grazilda to get away from the situation. Thus, for momentum, the ghost moved her hand with the frying pan and whacked Grazilda's head.

Grazilda did not wink at all. It was as if she could not see Genova.

"Huh? What happened?" Genova frowned in confusion.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

It has been weeks since Grazilda's unusual encounter with Genova and Oreo outside the graveyard. She was preoccupied with her merchant life that everything else were put on hold.

She returned to the spot where she last spoke with Genova and thought hard. She tried to recall her conversation and what could possibly be done.

Sadly, her previous conversation was cut short. Her memory reminded her that she could communicate with the dead only places like the graveyard. The summoning was a rare thing which only lasted for a few minutes.

Instead of going back to the graveyard, she figured she would investigate further before doing something about Genova's request.

She would inquire first with Karcier and get as much information as she could.

Thus, she started to write a letter to be sent to Karcier's home.