[ORP] I Wish

Moderator: Community Team

Grazilda

[ORP] I Wish

Post by Grazilda »

The old Grazilda might have chopped all trees or any other items on her way with her diamond axe. However, the new Grazilda would prefer to keep all her frustrations locked deep inside, at least for the moment.

Instead of murdering trees on this seemingly joyful season, she left her workshop and walked along the streets of Cork.

She hummed an unknown tune and tried to smile as snowflakes filled her eyelashes.

She wiped her face with her handkerchief and stopped walking.

She thought about her later disappointments and the seemingly lack of interaction with other creatures.

She just realized that she only had three forms of interaction outside her vardo: to search for plucked chickens, to sell her items and market goods, mostly with Logo, and to play dice with Gawain.

She would not count the recent encounter with the ghostly apparitions as she preferred to speak with living creatures.

She glanced up at the cloudy sky as the cold wind blew on her face which made her pull her cloak closer to her body.

"I wish I have a merchant partner, preferably a male, so that he'll be the one to carry the heavy items. I'm tired of being alone!!!" She shouted to the sky.

She wondered if even the heavens would ignore her this time.
Karina

Re: [ORP] I Wish

Post by Karina »

Grazilda wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:49 am"I wish I have a merchant partner, preferably a male, so that he'll be the one to carry the heavy items. I'm tired of being alone!!!"
A flash of lightening arcs across the sky, followed by rolling thunder. The gray haze of snowclouds seeps suddenly thicker over the horizon and its wake a cool mist billows through the forest; or perhaps a cool myst. A gentle breeze twirls the myst before your eyes which seems to form into an image. A small child appears from seemingly know-where as if having been formed by the swirling mysts - surely an illusion!?!

She steps towards you with a small smile on her face as winter music seems to play in her wake and whispers...

"Granted."

She fades from view like a mirage as another bolt of energy hurdles across the sky.
The winds pick up for a moment and roil the mysts all the more.
The sounds of rolling thunder changes to the deep whinny's of horse as a magnificent white maned smoke-grey stallion canters out of from between the trees to stand before you.
-Banner by Aida
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Snorts out a greeting and positions himself for pack saddling of heavy items.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda listened to her own echo and waited for the sound to die down.

Everything was quiet again. No one listened to her, or so she thought.

She suddenly saw a flash of white light in the sky followed by thunder. There were winds and mysts which later turned into an apparition of a child.

"Are you one of the departed who come to ask for help?" Grazilda asked.

The reply came in a form of a background music and a stallion before her eyes.

Grazilda did not move for a minute. The girl disappeared but the stallion remained.

"Ahm... Hello, stallion? Are you a normal stallion or are you magical that you can talk, carry my items for sale and conduct business transactions?" Grazilda asked the horse before her.

She was so confused.

"I wish I understood what's going on," she said softly.
Karina

Post by Karina »

((Meant to be posted as Shadowfax))

Nickers a low-pitched guttural sound.
<"Pleasure to meet you.">

Utters a number of grunts and short groans.
<"I can talk to you". I can carry three medium-sized loads at once without slowing down". I can do business, - with certain creatures.">

((End of last post))
----
((Next post; is from Karina))

-pokes back out from behind a tree far less dramatically than last time.
"Hi. No fair making two wishes in one go ya know. It's supposed ta be one per customer between big events."
Takes a seat on a rock nearby.
"So, what's on yer mind needs clearin' up?"
-Banner by Aida
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda blinked and paused to absorb what's going on. "I can understand the horse's words?" She asked in surprise.

First, she could speak with the dead. Now, she can hear a horse talk.

She looked at the girl who popped out. "I didn't know there was a wish limit. Rumor has it that a man in a farway place was given 3 wishes by an entity hidden in a lamp.

Thank you for the horse.

Anyway, is it only me who can understand the horse so I can have a secret talk with him or can everyone hear him talk?" She asked.

She looked again at the horse and smiled. "Hello! My name's Grazilda. What's yours? It seems like you and I can get along well."
Karina

Post by Karina »

The girl nods her head at your first question.
"You'll be able to talk with him as long he's inside of 3 half chain lengths from you."

She nods again.
"I know stories of them too. I don't now if the three wishes limit is real or a myth with that sort.
It could be the first or the most famous master of that lamp only got to three wishes before it all went so wrong he decided to be rid of it, or someone managed to steal it or kill him for it; or something - and so everyone got the idea there was a three wish limit from the story but really there isn't.

"You're welcome."
She smiles warmly at you.

"Well, you are ...almost, the only one who can hear him as though in the common tongue.
He can talk with other horses of course and with certain other magical creatures,"
Thinks or a moment
...ummm, I can understand him.
I suppose anyone whose actually learned how to speak horse can, but they wont hear him in the common tongue."

Says a bit excitedly.
"But if you should be able talk mind to mind then unless anyone else breaks in on you violently, you would be ale to have private conversations, sure. And there's a couple of other neat things you might be able do with him. If you close your eyes and concentrate, you should be able see and hear through him. While your doing that, if you cast a spell like 'healing hands' or something you could be able to cast it through him too, so you can reach someone without having to run over to them yourself; as long as they're all inside of 3 half chain lengths away from you anyway. The connections will all break if you send him further afar than that, but they will rejoin whenever you summon him back. These might all take a little practice to get used to before it all works properly.
Last edited by Karina on Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Banner by Aida
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Grazilda wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:12 amWhat's yours? It seems like you and I can get along well."
Tilts his ears forward, lowers his head, blows one longer stream of air from his nostrils followed by two shorter streams.
<Shadowfax. Yes, we shall be friends?>
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda listened to the girl and nodded at time. "This is interesting. I shall discover how to communicate further with him," she smiles, her mind racing a thousand kilometers per hour about her future activities with the horse.

"Thank you," she told the girl.

Then, to Shadowfax, she said, "Aye, we shall be friends from now on."

She looked back to the girl. " We shall get going," and waved good bye.

She took the horse's reigns. "Let's go, Shadowfax. Can you tell me more about yourself?"

And they started walking slowly toward her shop.
Karina

Post by Karina »

"You're Welcome. Oh, goodye"
she waves back as you proceed to leave.
"If you have any more questions, you can sometimes find me in the tavern."
watches as the two depart.
-Banner by Aida