Bittie's Keg and Snack's Tavern

Moderator: Community Team

AuroraKiye

Bittie's Keg and Snack's Tavern

Post by AuroraKiye »

AuroraKiye is excited today. She'd been thinking about it for some time, and decides this is the day. She's talked to some folks in the courthouse, filled in the proper paper work, found the site and today... today will be the grand opening of a new tavern in Cork. Carrying all kinds of ale, bitters, stouts, several wines, and for those who prefer such, several hot beverages, such as coffees and teas. Choosing a name was difficult, but after some thought there was a name that woke her from a sound sleep. "Bittie's Keg and Snack's Tavern.
There were chairs of all sizes, even one large enough for a one ton troll/elf and a smaller one to fit the needs of a halfling, and several sizes in between, also benches along the long tables. The balcony around the second storry overlooks the dance floor, which she dearly hopes someone will ask her to dance on, at least once.
The foods on the menu of course include several varieties of stew, Mulligan, Vegetarian, and Lamb, as well as meat between two pieces of bread, which hasn't got a name yet. She's also worked a deal with the baker close by to have fresh breads available, rye, wheat, or crushed barley.
She's worked hard to keep her prices down, feeling that it would be best to be busy and somewhat profitable than too expensive and shut down for lack of customers.
There are only a few sleeping rooms, two dormitory styles and two private suites. Having never ran that part of a tavern, she hopes it will suffice for awhile.
After sweeping and dusting again, she looks around, being sure that the glassware is clean, the stews are ready, and all details attended.
She opens the doors and waits for her first customer.

Grand Opening!!
Come and visit with your neighbors over a pint, Welcome One and All!
Adonair

Re: Bittie's Keg and Snack's Tavern

Post by Adonair »

Adonair enters all smiles and admires the new establishment.

"You're really coming up in the world my friend Arkie!"

Its a bit early, i'll just have tea and toast. Maybe something more substantial later."
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

Arkie smiles to see her friend, and gets two cups of hot tea and two servings of toast and brings it to the table to eat with the Mage.
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

The mage offers a blessing for the new establishment and then eats his tea and toast.

"I've ordered some bravian cheese from Orakio. I hope you can make use of it. Its my contribution to the success of this place."
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

Arkie had been overjoyed to see not only her first customer, but also the Mage. The Blessing over her small humble establishment was more than an unexpected joy, it was exactly what the place needed.
She accepts the Mage's Blessing and the cheese from the famous Orakio happily. Well, as for the cheese, she accepts greedily. She's heard of the bravian cheese from Orakio, but figured she'd have to wait until there was more coin in her purse.
"Thank you so much, sir," she says happily, and blushing. "If you've had a good time here, tell your friends, if not, tell me. I hope to see you again. May your day go well, success be yours, and your problems be solved or disappear, your path be smoother."
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

"Please, please don't call me mage. The mages are god-kings of a sort and I do not walk among their number. Wizard is fine or just Adonair. I shall certainly advertise this new endeavor at my earliest opportunity."

Adonair leaves some freznics on the bar and departs for the mayor's office.
Logo

Post by Logo »

A troll, a cat and a hippogriffph walked into a tavern ....
Patron of a more astucious criminal class
Life maybe a game, but izza onliest life imma know
Kitiara

Post by Kitiara »

*why is this starting to sound like a really bad joke?** lol
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

And I can't remember if that's covered in my insurance.

Arkie runs to find her insurance policy and tries to read the fine print, while shakily trying to drink some whiskey to calm her nerves.
Logo

Post by Logo »

'What a curious method of greeting' thought the troll. He took a seat in the sturdy-looking chair and placed his tavern-warming gift tied in willow boughs upon the table. Finding menus arranged there he took one for himself and and held another toward the cat and hippogriff who couldn't have been less interested in reading.
While waiting, he listened to the entertaining sounds of paper-rattling and bottle-clinking from the back room.
Patron of a more astucious criminal class
Life maybe a game, but izza onliest life imma know