orp A New Life

Moderator: Community Team

Sharra_tianna

Re: orp A New Life

Post by Sharra_tianna »

When they finally arrived home Sharra prepared herself a meal and ate out on the veranda feeling happier and more relaxed than she had been for some time. She watched the last litter of young cubs playing on the grass while the pack lay around in states of total relaxation. She smiled to herself and patted Timber on his back. "I missed this my friend, it is so good to be home." Timber looked up at her and with his telepathic mind agreed with her.

Suddenly the entire pack and Timber stopped and stood at attention, their demeanor showing the same as Sharra's, intense concentration. They looked to Sharra for her command and she stood up and called to several of them to follow her and Timber. They made their way to the gateway. Each and every one had heard the same. Thankfully, because of her level of magic she had no need to be at the site to do this.

Soon they reached the gateway and reassuring the guard, Sharra and Timber walked forward. The remainder of the wolves forming a rearguard behind her.They both sent out magic feelers to assess the danger knowing it was very rare for one lone Dark Elf. She wished to know if others were in the vicinity. Satisfying herself he was alone she approached the gate with Timber. Introducing herself and Timber she asked him who he was and what was his reason for being at her gate. She sincerely hoped it wouldn't be the fore-runner of trouble. There had been enough of that for the High Elves who were her friends.
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron heard the feminine voice of the sorceress as she came out of the ‘gate’ of her realm and was followed by Timber, her trusted wolf guardian. He did not look up at her as she introduced herself or the wolf, whom he figured was by her side, instead flipped a few pages on his book to finish the passage he was reading. The book contain many dark spells, enchantments, and a small detailed history of his clan, which made it hard for him to moves his eyes away. He answered to her in his eerie deep voice “This is no raid sorceress, I mean no harm to you or your realm of wolves." Thinking about the stereotype people usually have about Dark Elves he added "Im also completely alone as you can see."

He closed his book suddenly, standing up to his feet and shifting the direction of his eyes to her “I must say though I don’t think I would want to hurt someone as beautiful as yourself fair Sharra” Rieron grinned letting his red eyes scan the women showing a hint of interest before turning his gaze briefly to her wolf. He walked to her slowly holding his book in one of his hand to one side and raising his other hand up with an open palm as a peaceful gesture. As he closed the distance between them, he stop just a feet or two away looking down at her with a friendly smile “Where are my manners, my name is Rieron im from an island of Dark Elves away from the mainland, I came to your territory because I had heard you might know something about a few of my race around this area and because people tell me you are good with magic as well.” Rieron extended his unoccupied hand to her in a chivalrous manner, much to her surprise and Timbers' that didn’t drop his guard one bit; probably waiting for Sharra to tell him it was okay.

“It is a true pleasure meeting you Sharra Tianna and your wolf clan” Rieron said with a lighter tone but with reserved expression on his face as he noticed a few of her wolfs whom began to appear out of the plane’s gate coming by to their sides watching him intently.
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Sharra_tianna

Post by Sharra_tianna »

Sharra let her psychic senses check him out. He had let his eyes rove over her in a way she did not appreciate. His remark,“I must say though I don’t think I would want to hurt someone as beautiful as yourself fair Sharra” and his look told her a lot. She decided to ignore it and noticed Timber had not dropped his guard. So he sensed it too. She had already felt her other wolves come out to range themselves around her.

She decided to accept him on his reassurance for now but would reserve her decision till she and her wolves sensed much deeper. "You are welcome if you have no intent of trouble or harm.", she told him and leading the way she took him back to her home. As they approached the cabin her remaining wolves watched him warily. *He is going to have to prove himself*, she thought. *There is no way the wolves will relax till they are 100% certain*.She went up to the veranda and directed him to a chair, then seating herself she asked him exactly what did he want to know.
She sat back and waited to hear what he had to say.
Last edited by Sharra_tianna on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron stared with a genuine curiosity at the surroundings of the forest inside of the plane while he was being lead to the residence of the sorceress. He didn’t mind the wolves walking close by him, for it was obvious that they were under the direct control of Sharra and if they were to attack all that was needed was a say-so from the sorceress. Observing the realm more closely, it seemed like a very tranquil and peaceful place completely unlike his homeland where you had to watch your back every day on the hour. The forest and animals flourished in her land which made him wonder if perhaps that’s why the sorceress was acting so defensively at him.

Reaching her home they seated themselves by her porch with Sharra not wasting time in asking him what he wished to know. Rieron noticed she nor the remaining wolves were dropping their guard, they still remained very wary of him. He couldn’t help himself but to smile at her in a more approachable way (or at least attempt to). Ignoring her first question he said to her in a low voice with a hint of humor “My my, your wolves are quite protective of you and your zone, they still don’t trust my intentions either.. but then again I cant really blame them.. my kind does carries a very bad name”.

Rieron looked at her body language and how she talked deeply, letting his senses get a feel of her aura. He shifted his eyes to his sword and other weapons deciding that perhaps it would be better if he distanced himself from them for the time being until they relaxed more around him. Also he figured if she wanted to attack him they would have already done it. Rieron stood up and unstrapped his sword along with the bow and arrows sheath then moved them by the wooden bar away from his reach. The only thing he kept with him was his book which he tucked away to his side and two daggers hidden behind his back, he still didnt know her and how she was so he liked having a little security at least

Sitting back into the chair, Rieron smiled at Sharra who gave him a look that said 'the action is uncalled for but okay' then he said in a littler tone “I came to your realm because I wanted to ask you about the Dark elves that deserted the island and what you know about them. Also I see you seemed to know magic which comes from High Elves in order to keep this place hidden and secured, I wish to learn about this more if you wouldn’t mind sharing the information, Sharra Tienna” He paused for a moment twining his fingers together “The magic I know is too destructive, I would like to learn more about the other side. If your willing of course, I will promise its not something that will be used against the high elves or get an edge on them. It is purely for my own knowledge”
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Sharra_tianna

Post by Sharra_tianna »

Sharra watched the Elf unstrap his swords etc., but she knew he still had daggers hidden on his back for she could sense the metal on his body. She gave a mental sardonic smile at him thinking she wouldn't realise his little ploy.

She had listened to his manner of speaking and what he was saying and gave an infitesimal shudder. * Did he really think he could arrive and give a smile and expect her to teach him her magic? She mused to herself. She had no idea who he was apart from what he said. It mattered not that he promised to never divulge it or use it against the High Elves. That was not the main consideration to her.

Sharra gave a sigh and looked around her home area, the wolves at play or peace. Further down the lake were her resident crocodile family. The forest with many animals and birds. No, she did not want this to be changed. She turned and looked at the Elf and told him, "I am afraid I never, ever teach anyone my knowledge of magic. I have no idea where you got the information that I would do so from but it is wrong."
She was not a teacher of anything, not even her healing. She considered the idea of teaching and knew she could not do it. It was not her forte'. This Elf would have to find someone else to teach him.

"As regards to any other dark Elves, I know only one and haven't seen him in a long while. I know nothing of the whereabouts of any others and considering they only travel in pairs or groups I would have heard if they had been anywhere nearby. Sadly, if you have only come for these two reasons then I'm afraid you have had a wasted journey. Most who come here do so for either friendship with no requests or because they have need of healing."
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron just stared at Sharra letting his eyes study the movement of hers after she had finished her response. He kept a small smile on his face as he looked at her with his dark red eyes not letting even the slightest word escape his mouth. He stayed like that until it almost reached the point of awkwardness, not because he was madden by her words for he was not surprised by her choice but for the defensiveness of her nature without there being much provocation to it. Rieron wondered if the last dark elves she had seen had done her a wrong of some sort but then again even his own appearance is not of someone that a person can take lightly in the slightest.

Still staring at her, after a few minutes Rieron began to say in a low voice “I would have implore you to reconsider for what I wished to know is the magic that doesn’t harm anyone.. but I see you have already made up your mind..” He shrugged a bit “I was not asking lessons empty handed, my payment would have been a good-sized pouch filled with jewels, and golden coins.” It was a small treasure (Emeralds, Rubies, Sapphires) his adoptive father gave him when he decided to part, however, knowledge to him was worth even more than money and jeweled trinkets. Regrettably, he would have to find another mage willing to show him light magic.

Closing his eyes, Rieron sighed for a moment thinking about her last words. The last thing he looked like was someone that would need a healing, he knew very well how to take care of himself. It wasn’t an option either, for dark elves you have to become very strong to survive otherwise death would knock on your door even if it has to be by your own people themselves. Rieron shifted his focus and began to ponder on her first word ‘Friendship’. The word was stuck in his mind making him wonder could she really be open to that? From a creature such as him? Nah…maybe.. though clearly she didn’t like his presence as it was right that moment and as far as he knew he had nothing she would want from him.

Looking out from porch at the forest, Rieron stood up from his chair and said to her in a low voice "You know I have never seen a plane as harmonious as yours.." He sighed remembering a few memories from his past then turned his head to look down at her "I know your mistrust of me is justified when you look at the past actions of my race, however, I left my people for a reason." Rieron walk past her stopping at the staircase of the porch looking at the view before continuing "Would you like to have a walk with me and talk? you can bring all of your wolves if your still unsure of my intentions" he turned to look at her again with a small grin "Who knows I might surprise you with a pleasant chat after all.."
Sharra_tianna

Post by Sharra_tianna »

Sharra pondered on what he was saying and thought of his remark about him leaving the dark elves for a reason. She knew another dark elf who had done that so she decided to wait and see how things turned out. His further remarks made her consider to get to know him a little and she unobtrusively indicated to the pack to ease down. To Timber she telepathically suggested a careful watch from him, otherwise to relax.

Looking at the elf she stood and said, "Well, yes, I do have reasons why I am vigilant. I will take the time to consider your words and I would be quite willing to walk with you. Obviously my pack will follow. There is no way they would stay behind even if I wanted them to. You see they regard me as the ultimate pack leader."

She stepped down from the veranda and led him across the green lawns to the path and with Timber at her side and the pack surrounding them, she walked down the path towards the lake. She had snagged a chicken on her way and took it with her for her crocodile family that resided in the lake. She laughed as she noticed some of the pack with dead rabbits in their mouths. She knew they also were taking them as gifts for the younger crocs. "I don't know if you have met up with crocodiles before Rieron, but this family are friends of ours and although they do not attack humans or my wolves, they are still wild creatures."
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron smiled when Sharra accepted to take him on his offer for a pleasant walk around her forest grounds. He was a bit surprised when she agreed to it, for she had been reluctant to trust him on anything else just yet. Still he was glad she did, and enjoyed strolling closely behind her, observing the area deeply. He chuckled when she picked up a chicken to take to a crocodile family and watched as some of the wolves brought something else with them as well. While they were walking to the lake, where the Crocodiles resided, Rieron responded to Sharra with a hint of humor in his voice “Yes I have met a few crocodiles in my days though none that wouldn’t attack humans or other creatures and animals hehe”

Arriving at the lake after a few minutes of walking, Rieron saw the sceneric view and just stared at it with a reserved expression on his face. He scanned the lake and the surroundings of it then turned to look at Sharra, saying at last “No wonder you are very protective of your realm.. the vegetation and ambience here is unnatural in a way.” Rieron gave her a small smile and continued “I don’t suppose you could have made this plane..“ He stopped to think about it more for a moment and came to the conclusion she must have found it because it would require too much energy to make one that size. Taking another look at the place he also figured she used magic to enhance it as well. “I hope im not being too prudent to ask but I’ve wonder did you suddenly happened to find this zone out of nowhere?” He asked her turning his smile into a small grin.
Sharra_tianna

Post by Sharra_tianna »

Sharra replied to his question with a smile, "No I didn't make it or find it. It was a legacy from my late husband. We did enhance it though and also invited the crocodile family here." She took the chicken down to the water's edge and laid it on the ground, the wolves followed her and dropped their offerings near it. She gave a strange high pitched call to let the family know there were gifts for them. Then turning away she led Rieron towards her waterfall. This was one of her favourite places. This was the place she had spent many happy hours.

"Why do you find this place so unusual? This plane is not a human plane but is somewhat similar in looks because that is necessary for my pack. Make no mistake there is much further in that is neither good nor human. There you would find much to cause even you to stop and stare. When I first came here I thought it was heaven but since then I have wandered many places here with the pack and found like the human world much is good but also much is horrific."

"Why did you leave your kind? Would you tell me about it? I would like to know. It may help me understand why a dark elf wanders alone. You obviously realise that most do not look kindly on your race, indeed they have good reason not to. Many have suffered badly at the hands of your race. So please make me understand why you left them." She studied the face of the elf wondering if he would tell her. Her friendship with the High Elves was of a different nature. They were not like this elves' race but completely different.
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron followed Sharra wondering where else she was going to lead him on their walk for he didn’t know anything about the areas yet except they were safe enough. He decided to just listen to her contently because she was happy to oblige in answering his questions. When she was finished she in turn asked her own questions about him and what made him wonder about the plane, which made him stay silent for a few moments before really responding. At last, he say to her while keeping his eyes on the path ahead of them “It appeared to me to be unusual in the sense that its was more.. ‘colorful‘.. than the forest from which I came from before entering the plane. It was not very hard figuring out the differences” Rieron looked around the surroundings again a bit puzzled with the rest of the stuff she said “I must ask though are you saying in this massive realm there are parts deeper inside that might be.. obscurely dismal?”

Turning around a corner he sighed for she also wished to know about his reason to be alone, and it was only fair he told her because she had answered his question without really holding back. “My father or better yet my adoptive father along with our clan expected me to do things that I did not wish to do... You see he is the captain of a large raiding ship, so long story short I could not be seen going against his commands not only politically but with his own crew. And in order to respect him I departed on my own as soon as we reached land with his complete blessings.” Rieron said then suddenly the serious expression on his face left him for a moment and he chuckled “I must admit though I didn’t not fully realized he had left me in this land instead of our home island. You might be able to guess the reasons.” Turning his face, Rieron looked down to her and smiled asking “So what is your excuse to being alone with wolves and other animals?”