(ORP)Hells Gate- Home of Firechild

Moderator: Community Team

Adonair

Re: (RP)Hells Gate- Home of Firechild

Post by Adonair »

"I would have to have my lawyer look over any contracts. He's a cave troll. An exchange, yes that would be excellent. I thank you for your time and for your trusting me with this matter."

Adonair took the oracle and studied it; it was written in his own tongue which led him to believe that the document was created just for him. Along the bottom was a series of pictures. A woman in a cave with vapors rising from the earth. The women in a trance listening. The woman turning into a snake.

He read the oracle:

"A cold wind breaks on the shore as the gurgling sea rolls back, revealing a broken beach. Whatever titanic edifice split asunder to form this mess of shards has long since sunken into the sunless sea. Out beyond the surf, waves chop up and down like an advancing ghastly horde, and I marvel at what might lie beneath them.
What would it spare of my soul, if I should drink from this stygian sea? I can taste the spray as it rises, dolorous, from the rocks, tossing up the tears of a thousand souls gnashed upon this razor beach.

The sea churns, the mind wanders, and beneath each rolling abyss, the soul slumbers. A stone, cast into the depths, passes unnoticed, and torments flashing on the surface stir it not."
firechild

Post by firechild »

Without so much as an adieu The demon disappears.. Firechild looks at Adonair. Are you ok? Some never survive that meeting... he must like you. Grinning Firechild takes him a cup of Hibiscus tea. I can tell you a little about Pythia.. She is a beauty and charms her way into and out of everywhere...She can and will charm you to not be caught. She is even more tricky than I am at getting into a man's head and getting what she wants. Take care Adonair...this job is not all that it seems...My father, I know he was with holding something...but I cannot discern what it could be...so please be careful... Pythia also has one of the cerberus with her as a guard. That is what those dogs do best...guard... Walking to the wall she touches it and it opens into a small ante chamber... returning she walks to Adonair and hands him two things a small gilt cage and a large silver chalice. The cage is for you to contain Pythia and bring her back here...the silver chalice...well I am sure you will find a use for that, Pythia's greatest sins are lust and envy...and take something..a gift for the dog, he will be more amicable. Looking at Adonair and if you need me...or help with anything speak to the brimstone I am returning to you. She hands him the Brimstone.
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

firechild wrote:Without so much as an adieu The demon disappears.. Firechild looks at Adonair. Are you ok? Some never survive that meeting... he must like you.

Adonair chuckles. "I think I was a source of amusement for him, yes."

Grinning Firechild takes him a cup of Hibiscus tea.

Adonair takes the tea and drinks it.

I can tell you a little about Pythia.. She is a beauty and charms her way into and out of everywhere...She can and will charm you to not be caught. She is even more tricky than I am at getting into a man's head and getting what she wants. Take care Adonair...this job is not all that it seems...My father, I know he was with holding something...but I cannot discern what it could be...so please be careful...

"I think your father knows that things are best hidden in plain sight. The gift he offers is something he wants to enter my world and something he hopes will corrupt me so he does not stand to lose whether i get it or not. And I think he also knows that if I win it is of benefit to him and if i lose Pythia will have her way with me, perhaps turning my talents to great evil. Your father cannot lose either way. If there is something beyond that which I don't discern I'll have to figure it out along the road."

Pythia also has one of the cerberus with her as a guard. That is what those dogs do best...guard...
Walking to the wall she touches it and it opens into a small ante chamber... returning she walks to Adonair and hands him two things a small gilt cage and a large silver chalice. The cage is for you to contain Pythia and bring her back here...the silver chalice...well I am sure you will find a use for that, Pythia's greatest sins are lust and envy...and take something..a gift for the dog, he will be more amicable. Looking at Adonair and if you need me...or help with anything speak to the brimstone I am returning to you. She hands him the Brimstone.
Adonair gratefully accepts the gifts and the counsel.

If a human knew what awaited them here, they would mend their ways. They would do everything and anything in their power to prevent that fate. They would not take the slightest chance or commit any action that could damn them, but alas most are completely ignorant. For Pythia she is well aware and well aware that it is too late."

"I am sure Pythia will not be anxious to return here. If the pain of a million tormented souls were weighed on one side of the scale, and the pain of the penalty Lucifer has already designed for defying him were weighed on the other side of the scale, pythia's side would be heavier. He will make a public example of her that will be memorable even by hell's standards. She knows what tormented souls endure and she knows she will never be strong enough to escape again. There is nothing she would not do to prevent her return here, and I'm sure she has taken many precautions."
firechild

Post by firechild »

Adonair wrote: Adonair gratefully accepts the gifts and the counsel.

If a human knew what awaited them here, they would mend their ways. They would do everything and anything in their power to prevent that fate. They would not take the slightest chance or commit any action that could damn them, but alas most are completely ignorant. For Pythia she is well aware and well aware that it is too late."

Yes...humans are an interesting lot...I have spent a little over 500 years watching them and one thing that is common is their need for more. They can have everything they need and all that they want but they always want more. You asked my father if your realm was a battleground. Indeed it is, the war between Jahweh and Lukifeur has been for a long time and will continue long after humans are no more.

"I am sure Pythia will not be anxious to return here. If the pain of a million tormented souls were weighed on one side of the scale, and the pain of the penalty Lucifer has already designed for defying him were weighed on the other side of the scale, pythia's side would be heavier. He will make a public example of her that will be memorable even by hell's standards. She knows what tormented souls endure and she knows she will never be strong enough to escape again. There is nothing she would not do to prevent her return here, and I'm sure she has taken many precautions."

Pythia...yes, she will have many traps and precautions in place to assure that any who seek to imprison her do not succeed. I can assure you that Pythia does not want to return.... My father can be fierce and one thing he does not tolerate is disobedience. Occasionally I will push my fortune with him..but at great risk, he has no thought in disposing of those whom are disobedient. The Laars dimension would be a blessing compared to what he will do to Pythia. In the Laars dimension they remove the soul from the physical form...the soul goes to one dimension and the physical form is...sent to another and used as a minion...an extremely painful process to say the least. Just be very careful and if you need me I will come. I am not as strong as Pythia is...however, I know her better than any in my realm...other than Father.
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

"Did you notice, by the way, that he slipped that bit in about the escapees? It didn't really fit with the conversation. He implanted it as a suggestion so that I would think this bounty hunt was my idea. He even added a dramatic pause as if 'considering' my idea. Yet, I notice that this oracle was composed in my language and therefore must have been done prior to this discussion. Your father wants me to think that I am terribly clever." Adonair smiles as he realizes that in truth he barely even merits the designation 'pawn' in this game, a game that has been going on for countless ages and would go on countless more. Every soul, every square inch of Adonair's world was claimed by Jahweh and counter-claimed by Lucifer.

"Firechild, I know there is one more aspect to all this and it pains me to even mention it. But I daresay that you were witness to this conversation and invested in this quest because your father wants you to be well aware of the consequences of misusing the priveleges he has given you. He knows that you have been spoiled a bit, by hell's standards anyway. Be completely certain though, that you will share Pythia's fate if you defy your father. This realm is based on strict order, there is no forgiveness here. If he forgave one transgression he would lose his throne, all must be paid to the fullest."

Adonair bows to the demoness and smiles. He departs through the na die and teleports back to his tower to begin preparations.
firechild

Post by firechild »

Adonair wrote:"Did you notice, by the way, that he slipped that bit in about the escapees? It didn't really fit with the conversation. He implanted it as a suggestion so that I would think this bounty hunt was my idea. He even added a dramatic pause as if 'considering' my idea. Yet, I notice that this oracle was composed in my language and therefore must have been done prior to this discussion. Your father wants me to think that I am terribly clever."
Yes, I did notice and that is one reason I believe this is not as it seems... My father is the master when it comes to deception and getting what he wants. I am quite sure that the Oracle was written especially for you and he knew that you would not refuse the task. My father lets nothing out of hell unless it serves his purposes. I must tell you that you are not the first to try and capture Pythia...several ambitious minions have tried and never come back. Take care Wizard.

Watching the Wizard leave, his words fresh in her mind, she knew that her father had no mercy and she had watched countless punishments all of which were extreme to even her. However, it was a different thing to actually hear what she knew to be true. She had never trusted anyone in her 500 years of existance, she had always had a sense of what the underlying was about, but with this Wizard she was losing her perspective as she had begun to actually trust him. Trust was a dangerous thing here....
Pythia

Post by Pythia »

A dark energy began to shimmer on the air, then crackle and rip open into a portal of dark energy. Pythia slithers out of the portal, looking around as she curls up followed by the knight. She turns to him and brushes away some of the ash left from the glue and says, "My, those people destroyed my temple and decided to cocoon you like a small insect! What nerve they have hurting my poor knight and temple." She slithers around the knight in a "full body hug" and asks in a baby speak voice, "Are you alright my big strong knight?"

The knight sighs, knowing this is just another of her mood swings, but happy that it wasn't one of throwing him 200 yards this time, "Yes Mistress, I am well." He says. She then screams with glee and starts dancing around the landscape.
firechild

Post by firechild »

It seemed like it had been yesterday when she had last crossed the na die... looking around her wonderful domain she notices it certainly has not changed...the dark walls were the same as when she had left for the adventure leading her to the jini... smiling she recalls the screams as she consumed his soul. Though it had taken her a very long time she had managed and her reward would be a pleased father. Walking to her favorite seat she smiles lightly as the Dragon soon joins her, Alaguar... I had begun to think you would remain with that souless creature...though he did have a soul before we found him.... ah well he is a ligher jini without it. Pulling out the soul stone she had been given by the Kit, she thinks she should return it to her. How would you like to go visit our Wizard friend? I have something I need to see is returned... and I think the hell hounds would enjoy some more of Logo's fine deli meats...

Standing she walks to the the spot in the wall and opens the antechamber...placing in the other stones she had found and removing a few blood diamonds and brimstone, she places them into her pouch and flies over to Alaguar...Well? the huff and quietness of the dragon slightly concerned her... he was always surly lately...perhaps a good feeding will help...Go feed grumpy gills... I will be back later. With that she watched as he flew off for the other dimensions of hell...shaking her head she kicks off the ground and flies through the na die toward the Tower of Adonair...
firechild

Post by firechild »

flying in through the Na die hell, she drops off Alaguar's back, her head was beginning to ache and too much of whatever was going on in the tavern was causing it. Glad to be back where things made sense and had strict order. She removes Alaguar's Shroud, Sorry, old man.. the town of Cork would not be so pleased with the knowledge of one such as you on the loose...so to speak... I know that you have been a bit moody lately and I talked to Arkie and Adonair a few days back and they thought that they could help me locate some potential mates for you. They would not be hellborn, but I think that could be a good thing for you... Looking over at the dragon she slid into her comfy chaise, to be greeted by the panatar nudging her fingers for a touch and a black granite flute glass full of bloodwine...her favorite. Closing her eyes and savoring the flavor she connects to her father telepathically... his disdain for Firechild's continued risks in the sun-walkers realm...concerns her slightly... She had always had free reign to any realm she wished....why this one...with the sun-walkers, the children of the light as her father called them.... being a child of the dark...she should feed on them and be done with it... Firechild knew then that her days were numbered in the sun-walkers realm... and she would have to be very careful what she did... mastering D'jinni had pleased her father greatly and then there was the capture of Pythia her miserable soul would not escape again...and the Wizard had done it so well too... Perhaps she could glean a bit more time in the realm of the sun-walkers... Deep in her thoughts she is startled when Alaguar actually does speak...
Alaguar

Post by Alaguar »

Settling down into a comfortable place, the dragon closes his eyes and listens to the Succubus and her thoughts, her connection to her father and eventually speaksYoung Succubus...If I wanted a mate, I would have done that centuries ago, after my mate had died, so did any desire to be with another...but I do not think that will stop you from trying to make a match, you seem so determined to do this...and as you are my mistress.. then do as you wish... Placing his head on his paws he watches with half closed eyes, some could say he was bored, but he was more waiting to see what the next thing she would come up with and hopefully talk her out of it... he needed some good hunting time here in hell...and she needed to recouperate...she was far too close to that ceremony for his liking and all of the kindness and love in that pub was not good for her... Imagine what her father would say if she were to turn to the lighter side of things...he would see her dead first and the Dragon knew it...the thought of a fight with the epitome of evil was not to his taste...but for her he would do anything...