(ORP)Hells Gate- Home of Firechild

Moderator: Community Team

Rieron

Re: (ORP)Hells Gate- Home of Firechild

Post by Rieron »

Rieron took the thin chain with a dragon scale at the end from Firechild and nodded to her words while reading into the energies surrounding the enchanted item. He pondered silently if he should pick out the strands of magic tied down to it while he was there to make sure his teleportation spell would work without fail. That was always the pesky thing about venturing into different voids and domains. Even with similarities in energies sometimes you needed to be assured there was no internal or external barrier to stop you from leaving quickly if it came down to it, although, he did feel a very strong one keeping the souls of the undead from leaving. That was normal from every hell though.

"I am sure your servants or any who come to your door will know my soul is not one to take.. Sometimes it is better to keep certain people living than dead and right there with you.." He chuckled also thinking about what his mate would do if he did not make it home intact. There was also the question of how Khaine would react especially holding claim to his soul after having invested so much into him. He followed her through her two story home before making their way to the library. He thought about the iskir wine, "Ill take some of your wine then.." He asked her casually as Maethon gave another small vibration at his side, 'The succubus seems to be more honest than the usual hell spawn.. Are you sure you want to be here? I have amassed enough power to blow a hole through any of these barriers should you need it. The lord of murder and war is not please you are venturing into more domains not of his own.' Rieron just had a mental smile and reaffirmed Maethon within his mind earning another response, 'Its tiny risk but a risk nonetheless..'

He looked down at Firechild as she placed a book back on its shelf and turned around to face him speaking about her endeavors before asking a question. Rieron thought about her words for a few seconds before he answered sincerely, "Aye there is another reason I came here which can wait but the primary one is already being fulfilled as we speak. As you know I am the current Mentor of Cork and I have taken a more active role with its inhabitants." He chuckled amused at the image. His reputation as an enemy to the Fenians and, now, the council of Bravia made up a lot of the reasons not to be someone approachable, which he still very much wasn't to many creatures. Granted, in the past he was much worse. Always looking for a reason to kill people and actually going through with it each time they thought they were safe from him. Alas when you meet a creature of pure light and end up marrying her.. Things are bound to change. He will always be a killer and wouldn't hesitate to rip apart any creature who crossed his 'red line'. That was the way of the Druchii.. That was definitely his way as a powerful arcane warrior in his own right.. However, he had more patience which made being mentor all the more humorous considering what the job entitles to and the background.

"I have found that it is important to know those who live among you more in depth if you are to ever work together in the present or future. Don't you agree?" He responded after a few seconds again. The irises of his eyes gave a faint white glow as they studied her.
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
firechild

Post by firechild »

Smiling at her guest, she nods to his choice of Iskir Wine, reaching out toward the shelves she just had just put her book on, the wall shimmers and the books disappear, revealing a side table with Iskir wine and two black chalices encrusted with tiny runes. Picking up the matching wine decanter, she pours the chalices, offering Rieron first choice.

She had never noticed his height before, though she had not spent much time around him either she reasoned with herself, being of a relatively small stature rarely crossed her mind however, there were times, around certain beings she became very aware of it. Her instinct was to destroy and devour all that was in her path with no mercy, the being's size rarely came into mind. However, this soul was not something to be trifled with, it was intoxicatingly tempting, but bonded. Taking a deep breath she pauses for a moment before slowly letting it go.

“ Ah yes, I had seen that you were the Mentor posted in the Town Hall. Congratulations, and I do agree whole heartedly, that one must know those with whom they are cooperatively working. I too held that position for a very short time. However, my father is not a patient demon and the exile does not wait for anyone.” The memories of performing the rending of souls for ritual, torture and feasting was burned into her memories from a very young age. As a young demoness, priviledge, if you can call it that, was only afforded to her because of her Father. She had always been separated from all other demons, treated differently and her punishments were far more cruel than any other demoness experienced. This mostly had little affect on her dememor; as she learned very young ,how to keep shielded a very small part of herself from the ultimate corruption performed on her 500th year. She tried to foster this little part of kindness and only let it out when not actually in the realm. Her father would devour her for it if she did. To him, kindness IS weakness and weakness has no place in Hell. Wiping the memories from her conscious she smiles at Rieron, “ To further your inquest, what would you like to know about me. and my realm?..there are some things that cannot be revealed, but there are a great many things we can discuss. Perhaps we would be more comfortable sitting, If you just think about the most comfortable seat you have ever had, it will appear in front of you. Yes, it is an illusion, and everything here is actually Brimstone, with few exceptions. Such a beautiful stone, but not very comfortable to sit on, as you can imagine. However, as with everything, the choice is yours.”
Silence

Post by Silence »

"I really need teh think things through more... it's gonna get me in trouble one day."

Go to Cork, just assume that you'll be able to find some 'gate' where somebody lives... who the hell lives at a gate anyway? Yeah, she was a demon, so not really a normal person, but... oh, did she mean a hell gate? Well, that would make things easier. Alder closed his eyes for a second, not because he had to or because it helped him focus, but because it was easier to communicate via images with his necklace without having his physical senses throwing extra information in front of him at the same time.

Ok, there was one around here... East, towards the outskirts of Cork. Well, nothing to be gained from standing around here. This person had gone and donated stupid amounts of paper to the university, so a visit to say thanks was the least he could do when he'd actually been invited.

If he hadn't had the relic of the fallen mage to guide him, even Alder, usually quite a perceptive person, would have walked right past the portal, despite its size. You had to almost be on top of it before the hills around it allowed you to see it. However, if that thing didn't scream 'I'm important and lead somewhere', Alder didn't know what would.

Somebody had probably warned him about stepping into places you were unfamiliar with when he was young, but he was fairly sure he knew where this lead. Still, this was easily the biggest hell gate he'd ever seen. Who the hell just decides to make a hell gate that big? What in Mucaz's name were they expecting to come through that thing?

Well, if it ever came to it, he'd deal with that problem when it arose. For now, this was almost certainly the place.

-----------------------------------

The moment that he was through the gate, it disappeared from behind him.

Great. Just wonderful. If this was a trap, he'd sprung it marvelously. He idly considered vaulting down to the graveyard below just to muck up the plans of whoever designed this place, but he didn't exactly know it was a trap yet, and his sense for danger wasn't screaming at him to run yet. Alright, that place across the bridge seemed like the place to go.

Alder idly glanced around as he crossed the bridge. So, this was hell eh? It wasn't that bad actually, certainly didn't live up to the hype that others gave it.

He shrugged, then knocked on the door to the gatehouse.

"This is the part where some sort of monster opens the door and eats me, isn't it?"
firechild

Post by firechild »

Firechild hears the Hellhounds begin to howl and call there is another soul. Smiling at Reiron, she stands and sets her glass aside on the table. "Rieiron, if you would excuse me for a moment, it seems that we have another guest and he, like you is not meant to stay for eternity. I will return shortly" Waving her hand the illusion of the room ends and the black brimstone walls appear, they are in fact in her laboratory, her sanctuary. " You will be safe enough here, if one of my slaves brings my panatar, would you please tell her..to allow him free roam for a little while. He won't harm you and if he does get frisky and playful, I am sure you can handle yourself, Panatars are relatively harmless...kind of like a lion-sized house cat."

With that she fully extends her wings and flies off to the entrance of the Gatehouse. Landing lightly, she opens the door, a relatively small door compared to the size of the rest of place, exactly human sized, to reveal her friend Alder. Smiling with surprise and delight she opens the door wider to allow him access in. " Alder! My what good timing you have, Please do come in...I do hope the journey wasn't too harsh for you."
Silence

Post by Silence »

"Journey? No, not really... I walked through a big... thing and then... ah, never mind. Yer not gonna eat me now are yeh? Just have teh check."

His expression showed that he was joking, yet Alder still stepped through the door as if he was expecting something to jump out and attack him at any moment, his eyes, slightly blood shot from lack of sleep, glanced around the room, scanning over all of it as if he expected to notice something dangerous there. Of course, this was nothing but his usual paranoia, but being paranoid never hurt, and it often led to him avoiding the worst situations... of course, his attitude towards just standing by and letting things happen without him landed him in even worse situations than he avoided with his caution, but that was another matter all together.

"Good timin? What do yeh mean? I wasn't particularly here for anythin other than teh say hi. I wanted teh check a guy I knew over here was alright after he hadn't responded teh anythin for ages and then figured, hey, since I'm here, why not drop in since I was invited a while ago. Out of interest, who's tryin teh impress who around here? Everythin looks like it's about fifteen times bigger than it needs teh be and then some. Anyway, hi."
firechild

Post by firechild »

Firechild laughs lightly at the seemingly very nervous being, " It is good to see you, I do not consume flesh my friend. Souls, that is what I consume and I prefer strong ones that put up a little fight. I have no intention of eating you or allowing any of the beasts here to eat you, though they would so your fear is just." Grinning at Alder she winks and gestures with her hand the direction to her Laboratory. " My Laboratory is this way and we are joined by Reiron. He, like you is a guest. You both will be relatively safe. However I will give you this, just in case reaching into her pouch she pulls out a long silver looking chain with a small tear drop shaped dragon scale on the end, she takes Alder's hand and drops the item into his hand. I am going to assume you are familiar with Telepathy? My dragon Alaguar is tasked with your and Reiron's safety. Should anything happen, you only need to call him and he will come and take you through the Na'die, that is the portal to your dimension, the "thingy" you came through. Reiron is a strong warrior and I am sure he will help assure your safety." As she began to walk she continued to explain, Most of what you see is Brimstone, the one thing that is most prevalent in this dimension, it is a beautiful stone and extremely hard, difficult to move but excellent at keeping the souls that belong here. There are other resources, golden diamonds, bloodstone, water and many other things. Though we cannot grow anything and most of the beasts here either consume souls, the upper level demons such as my Succubi Harem or flesh, the lower level demons such as my Panatar, Hellhounds and Dragon. It is not far to my laboratory and we will find refreshment and a more ambient temperature there.
Silence

Post by Silence »

Alder regarded the silver object in his hands for a good few seconds before deciding to keep it. The questions his rejecting it could raise would likely be more trouble than the potential problems he would have for accepting it.

"I ah... ain't really familiar with many bits of magic... in theory, kinda, but I've got a load of blocks that stops me usin most of it. Mostly teh do with the amount of energy I'd have teh throw at most of the stuff teh get it teh work. But, what the hell, probably won't do any harm.

He pocketed the object with a chuckle. Hopefully the object wouldn't allow them to pick up his permanent telepathic link with the rest of the hive, or at least, wouldn't assume much of it. Well, if they did, he'd have to talk his way out of it, but he'd deal with that if he had to, when he had to.

No need for yeh teh worry about me bein safe, I do enough of that already... so that scary elf's here eh? Teh be honest, he's probably the most dangerous thing for miles around here.

He allowed himself a suspicious glance at the walls around him. All of this talk of trapping and eating souls wasn't exactly the most comforting discussion.

"So, I'm just gonna put two, five and eight together... fifteen... and guess that yer the gatekeeper here and that this gate is the main one around which allows souls inteh hell, probably sucks em in or somethin. Course, this is also the point where I wonder if I actually died a week ago and was tricked in here or somethin after some guy decided that I ain't good enough teh end up where all the nice people go, but I'm just gonna pretend that I never thought of that... mainly because a guy who's gibberin in fear ain't really gonna be the best at keepin a conversation goin.

He then mumbled under his breath "Plus, there's some evidence teh say that ain't the case... let's go for one in 20 and bank on the 19."

"Usually people say 'nice place', but that's either the biggest understatement I could make about this place, or so wrong on the other end of the scale that it ain't even funny."
firechild

Post by firechild »

"No you are not dead. You would know by now and you and I would be having a very different sort of conversation. Yes, I am the keeper. I guide souls to one of the many dimensions of my realm, depending on the reason they are here. There are thirteen dimensions, unlike what so many who profess to know about my home, there are different severities in each dimension and my father is the centre of it all. The closer to him you get, the more cruel and torturous the containment becomes, those who come here are here are damned and all become some form or another, of a beast. My father, creator, master or whatever you wish to call him is Lucifer himself. My mother was Succubi. I can take either the beast or succubi form, I prefer Succubi, I have a harem of nearly 1000 succubi most are my siblings, 500 Hellhounds, as well as a full compliment of demonic beasts at my call. I also have the only Panatar in the realm, I captured soul from another dimension, he was a very cruel king and his penance is an eternity of serving as my pet, after he was demonised for some 300 years. Finally, I have one of the very few Dragons not hunted to extinction in this realm, I tricked him into bonding with me, as it is the only way to bond with a dragon of his nature." Spreading her hands blue glowing balls fire toward the ceiling illuminating the hall as if seen in daylight. The ceiling appeared to be a good one hundred feet above them, the passage way was far from narrow and could easily accommodate six abreast, " This gatehouse is where I was spawned along with nearly a thousand siblings and in my youth my father ended my mother's existence and as the favoured one, I become the Lady of the Gatehouse. The biggest difficulty that you will face is getting your fear under control. Most of the beasts whom live here use fear to track their prey...they can smell it and they can feel it. Telepathy is a very powerful thing in this realm." as they pass a small window she pauses, The inferno below them seems small, but the nymph riding her golden panatar can be easily seen against the black Brimstone, laughing she shakes her head " Nymphs! Rather creative to ride him rather than walk beside and risk a nip from him. Perhaps, you will get to meet him, she will bring him to my lab after he is fed."

Smiling at Alder as they approach the nearly invisible door of her laboratory, had someone not left it open a crack one would walk right past it thinking it was but another brimstone wall. "We are here, come and lets see what Reiron has gotten up to and we can talk more, enjoy some refreshment and I will show you the Na'die. Keep the Dragon scale, you will always be allowed to leave this realm safely no matter how often you come. Though you feel so much chaos, there is a systematic order to everything"
Silence

Post by Silence »

As the two walked, Alder glanced around him, eyes scanning everything and nothing, stopping on the smallest and most insignificant of factors while barely giving any thought to the nymph riding... whatever that thing was or to the things around him that would take most people's breath away. He whistled, impressed with what was clearly a work of... he wanted to say architecture, but it was more than that. Somebody somewhere had done a lot of work here to make this place, somebody who was anything but mortal. Mortals would never have the time or resources to make something like this.

"And yet that all begs the question, why? Why the hell is everythin so stupidly big here? Why is the place so well defended? You expectin an attack, or..."

He trailed off as a crack in the wall took his interest. He traced the small indent with a finger and watched as some sort of bug crawled out from its hiding place.

"Or are yeh tryin teh impress somebody? Maybe somebody just got really bored and didn't have anythin better teh do with a thousand years than make a really impressive hell gate? I mean, it does seem like a lot of work when most of the time when somebody wants to get through here, they just rip themselves a hole and dive through or use one of the other hell gates... not that I've ever seen one 'sides this one, just heard that there are a few pretty small ones here and there if yeh know where teh look."

"It just... seems like a lot of work teh me if all yer after is a place teh absorb souls... this place seems like its poised teh let through an army... or repel one. Hell, 1000 succ-"

He bent down and picked up the bug he had coaxed out from the crack while the two were walking.

-ubuses and another 500 hellhounds is a really large number."

He then entered the lab with the succubus and turned his gaze to look at Rieron.

"Hey there... look, I know I ain't got yer name memorised yet, please don't take it personally... and no, I ain't really here for any reason, just visitin a friend like I get the impression you are like."

He glanced at Firechild.

"Err, just checkin, I'm ok teh refer teh you as a friend aren't I? Sorry, probably shoulda checked sooner."
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron was drinking the wine silently while she went to check on the other arrival. He continued to observe his surroundings as he considered a few things in his mind. As quiet as he appeared there was a conversation going on in his mind with Maethon over the distinctions between the realms and the capabilities of the hell servants.

"Hmm it appears the boy found its way to the succubus home as well." He commented to himself not too surprised at who the person was. There was something that he knew would never change and another he knew was going to change over time. Silently, he waited until the two drew closer to the room and finally entered. "Necessity does have its downfalls.."

"Uh huh.." was the first response to Alder at the comment of the name. Although, he had never asked for himself to be called by his name, his family was a different story. For him druchii was enough. "I was actually visiting an old acquaintance of mine." He added then continued, "I can't say I was expecting you here so soon, however. Tell me who had the honor to kill you?" There was a hint of dry humor in his voice underneath the darkness emanating from his core. Alder wasn't dead but that didn't stop the druchii from having his own brand of humor.

He finished his drink and handed the cup to Firechild, "Gratitude for the drink. It is a good year."
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."