(ORP)Hells Gate- Home of Firechild

Moderator: Community Team

firechild

Re: (ORP)Hells Gate- Home of Firechild

Post by firechild »

Smiling as they step into the room, "this young one is so full and that soul," the voice of Alaguar appears in her head, " leave him be and go hunt until you are needed, both of these souls are under my protection, unless you wish to battle me for them" she replies to him."no, we have done this already." Alaguar's voice disappears from her mind and she smiles at Alder not giving anything away, though anyone with significant telepathic ability could have heard the conversation.
"Alder, to answer your question everything is so large because we have nothing but the time to build whatever we wish...and the beasts who built this gatehouse do still exist, they are close to my father now. We have been at war since the beginning of time and will continue until time ends. Also, there are souls here that I can guarantee you do not want in your dimension. Not all beings are small and the vast open spaces are used to keep even the largest of beasts in."

Watching the exchange between Rieron and Alder she is quietly amused, males! They certainly better not start marking territory or anything like that in her laboratory! Taking the glass from Rieron she nods at his compliment, "I think it was Logo who gave that to me some time ago. He does have very good taste in alcohol." releasing the glass it melts into the wall and she pours a cup of tea for Alder," You had better stick to the tea, corruption comes easily here and the tea is from the land of the sunwalkers,it cannot be corrupted." With that she returns to her seatee and glass of wine, quietly contemplating how she managed to have these particular two guests in the same time period...was it of design or was it pure fate..
Silence

Post by Silence »

"Nobody killed me yet... yeah, I know, I need teh try harder... kinda flattered that yeh'd consider killin me an honor and all, or maybe I'm totally misreadin that."

Alder's eyes followed the bug that he'd picked up earlier scampering between his fingers. If it weren't for his own link to the demonic realm, he'd have been a little more wary about letting any creature from hell near him, but he was fairly sure that this thing was not dangerous when compared to the other things here, and he liked bugs.

Having no telepathic abilities beyond the direct links he'd set up previously, he had no idea what people were saying between their minds, only that he was definitely missing something. There were pauses of silence that should not have been there, and although these two were pretty good at not giving away what they were thinking with their faces, he couldn't help but get a strange feeling, like something was off, like they knew something he didn't. This, along with his sense for danger, which wasn't exactly telling him that there was danger around, just that there were a lot of potential unknowns, was enough to set Alder on edge. Not that he allowed himself to show it... no, that would give away too much and he wasn't totally sure that he trusted whatever could be watching him right now. Better to let them think he was totally oblivious than think that he was aware in any way... or maybe it was best to stop beating around the bush and question what the hell he was missing... no, give it a few minutes... he might just be being paranoid, but if he wasn't, he wanted to know what was going on before he layed down any of his hand.

So, towards that end, he smiled and accepted the tea as he noticed another couple of bugs on the floor beneath him. He observed these two creatures with a curious expression, then pushed them away from him, placing the initial one on the floor as well.

Of course, only those who were looking for the exchange and were really quick eyed would have noticed the fact that he'd just switched each bug with an identical creature, the original three creatures, even to those who noticed the exchange, were nowhere to be seen.

Within this room, Alder was the weakest creature. Hell, he might even be the weakest creature within a few kilometers in this place, so any information his shape shifted beetles could bring him would be useful. He could just be being paranoid, but there was a chance that he was missing something.

Really experienced telepaths might have noticed the link between him and the three soulless beetles which crawled away, but that was assuming that they could recognise anything in the fragmented pool of broken shards that was Alder's min, the collective consciousness of a hivemend.

Hopefully he was just being paranoid, but these two people were definitely expecting something that he was not in on... well, maybe.
firechild

Post by firechild »

Unconcerned with anything brought into her realm, she smiles at Alder, "Your friends are welcome to stay as long as they wish. Make sure you charm them with protection so they are not consumed by the various beasts who reside here. I do not fear anything brought in...and seek only to keep what resides here from escaping. We have had a few attempt to escape and even fewer succeed....Just realise what is brought in or created here will be corrupted beyond all recognition relatively quickly and could well lead to an awareness of things... you may not wish disclosed. The craving for his soul begins to build deep with in her. She takes another sip of the Iksir wine and looks at Rieron, wondering why he was so very quiet...perhaps he too craves this soul...or the secrets it contains... And no, you have not been killed...yet, but then again you are no use if you are dead...souless and alive would be acceptable though. However, as I assured you, you will leave this realm intact. So, what more would you like to know about my realm? Please feel free to ask what you want to know. While I am telepathic...I am not psychic, besides mind reading is boring...even my father doesn't read minds. Thankfully.
Silence

Post by Silence »

Alder placed a hand behind his head sheepishly and looked guilty.

"Oh... yeh noticed em eh?"

He chuckled and tossed a coin from hand to hand. At least they weren't stopping him from investigating the place. That either meant that they weren't hiding anything, or that he wouldn't find anything that way. Naturally, his paranoid brain assumed the latter... and then wondered whether that was their ploy, making him think that, so he had them keep looking around, just in case... not that the beetles had turned up anything yet.

"Alright. I guess I got time the satisfy curiosity. By the way, please stop lookin at me like I'm some sort of gourmet dish that yer not allowed teh eat... it's offputtin."

"Ok, there's somethin I'm missin here... the elf don't really react much teh anything, so his reaction, I can understand, but you keep lookin back and forth between us like there's a connection, and while I ain't been a guest very often, so that might just be a host checkin both of the guests are ok, I get the feelin there's somethin else. What is it that I don't see here? Second question, what is corrupted? In case yeh ain't noticed, I got some demonic stuff around me anyway... yeah, I know it's weak, but is that corruption? Cause if so the word means very different things when I say it and when you say it. I mean, should I be worried about this corruption thing? Third question, why do yeh want me alive? What use am I to yeh, or am I misinterpretin that? Fourth question, this place is awesome, am I ok teh come here again in future and take notes on the place?"

"Ok... that doesn't begin teh scratch the surface, but if the last one is a yes, then I can probably answer the rest myself some time."

"Oh yeah... if I previously in my life blackmailed, threatened, bribed and or forced certain demons to follow my will for a short time by convincing em that it was much better for them to follow my lead than not teh do so... would you have a problem with that? I mean, there are no ongoing bounties around for impersonatin demonic nobility or whatever or anything like... ok, I probably wouldn't be havin this conversation if there was, so ah... just ignore all that."
firechild

Post by firechild »

As Alder speaks Firechild grins more and more at him, " I apologise for the offputting as you have called it, it has been many years since I have hunted and taken a soul...yours is quite...tempting. While I can control my urge to consume, I cannot help the temptation. It is the very nature of this realm to dangle temptation unachievable, just beyond the reach or wait until you get there and jerk it away from you. The corruption, is degrading of your soul to the baser evils. It took more than a few hundred years for me to become fully corrupted...that is one thing we are not when we are spawned. I have spent much time away from my father so it took me longer than most of my siblings, however I am better at hiding my...weaknesses than they are...thus why I am the Gatemaster and they are not. You should not feel much of the effects of the corruption, not here in my laboratory. I am rather skilled in protection charms, protection deceptions and guarding the realm. This Gatehouse is but one of many, it sits on the edge of the realm and is not visited often by my father. I guess you could compare it to travelling from Widu to Cork. My father lives in another town I suppose could be said. However the principles of travel are much different here than in your physical world. Time is relative to where you are. So if I were a human sailor from the...say first few centuries, my reality would be of sailing and ship related work, my travel time would be slow and the only way I would get anywhere is by ship and waterway. Being a demoness affords me a great many privilidges. I can go to anywhere in my realm with only telepathy, think about the place and time literally folds to take me there."
Taking a sip of her wine she pauses to make sure that Alder understood her, " Alder, you are welcome here anytime you wish to come, your pets are welcome as well. Feel free to investigate to your content...I do have a full laboratory and everything for any experiment that you may need to do. If you have special materials you would like, I can aquire them...I may have to trade with my siblings, but anything is achievable with enough effort. "
again She pauses looking at Alder, there was something...she would contemplate that at another time, setting the disturbing information aside she looks at her empty glass and stands taking it to the same wall as she had Rierons. The wall opened and she selected another wine, " mmmm...Bloodwine made from demonic essence and basilisk, I do love this wine." Pouring a small amount she swirls it around in the glass, looking for clots, finding none she fills the glass and returns to her seat continuing to answer Alder's questions,
" We do not have any bounties at this time for anyone, Petia was the last one and for escaping the realm my father consumed her...after she was caught by Adonair... Possessing a demon and assuring your own survival is...delicious. Now I see why your soul is so tempting for me. And if you can impersonate Demonic Royalty...I would encourage you to make sure the deception is complete if you do so here...some of the demons can see through most deception, not all and there are a great many who are easily decieved....and then consumed. If you are caught in a deception, you will need to defend yourself and either win the battle or be consumed. I am sure you will be fine either way...though I would not be pleased if another demon took your soul....so protect it if you go wandering about my realm. You also are under my protection here in the Gatehouse. None will harm you here, not even me. We have an agreement that you will return to your realm, soul intact...even should I try to take your soul, I would be bound by the agreement and would not be able to achieve it and it would significantly weaken me...that is something I do not want to happen, weakness is death here. But this protection is only in this Gatehouse, If you go to one of my siblings gatehouse or run into trouble, you are not safe and you will need to call Alaguar, he can fold time appear instantly anywhere in the realm." Taking a sip of the bloodwine, the warmth fills her and her cheeks flush slightly," mmmm, I should have opened this earlier..."
Silence

Post by Silence »

Huh... she'd managed to answer everything he could possibly want to know on the stuff that didn't apply to the immediate situation without answering anything he'd asked about whatever it was he was missing. Maybe he'd just asked a lot, so he just repeated what he had originally asked, glancing at Rieron every so often as he did so. The elf was usually a quiet one, but if he wanted to speak, Alder didn't want to talk over him.

"Ooookay. I get it... don't go outside, or if you do, don't do anythin stupid."

"So... what about the rest of the stuff I asked about? What is corruption, what am I missin here and why is it that you want me alive specifically? I mean, what use are yeh goin on about?"

Alder took a sip of the tea and almost gagged. He'd never actually drunk tea before and it was definitely not what he was expecting... for one thing, it was hot... who drank hot things? Why would you do that? It would just make you sweat and you'd lose the whole point of drinking anything in the first place.

He still wasn't sure what made some souls different to others, but he wasn't sure how he felt about his being a particularly tempting one... damn it all, he was in over his head again, and he'd only meant to visit a friend... ah, what the hell, he was in so much trouble, he just didn't care anymore, so he sat back and took another sip of tea. Some things, he just would never understand... and it seemed like he was usually going to get involved with things before he understood them. Might as well get used to it.