Mayor's Office : New and Redecorated

Moderator: Community Team

Selene

Mayor's Office : New and Redecorated

Post by Selene »

Selene opened the doors of Town Hall, so early... it was dark and quiet. She was glad, hoping to begin at dawn.

She starts by looking around the first things Adonnair told her in his guide... walls checked... visitors checked ... she continued each task until she was done. The first day things where hard but many helped her in her duties. Up most of the night, sun rise and went back to her office...

Sitting in her chair, she looked around and smiled. Taking some paper, she wrote to the people of Cork:

''Dear Corkians,

I wish to thank you all for your votes and trust you place in me. I always wish to see myself as a 'people person' and hope to accomplish that.
Though I know it is impossible, to please everyone. I shall always do my best and hope to have your feedback to guide me during my term as your mayor.

As well, no market policy will please everyone, we all work hard and wages are basically the same at the end of the day. Of course, those with more skills logically receive more, but no one starves. I recognize at this time it is hard to make fast profit through trading; every town is fairly self-sufficient.
Therefore, I encourage you tall to work together, communicating to compete fairly price-wise and to explore creative, profitable exchanges of goods and services.

Town Hall will remain on same philosophy as Adonnair so successfully demonstrated, with a small difference. If goods are posted at a cheap price, TH will buy some to resell them at reasonable prices.
This should allow those who want a quick sale to have it and help TH finance continuing the policy.

For example:
This morning I walked by the market to see a nice shield our beloved worker buglord made and posted at 40 F.
TH bought the shield to resell at 70.01, leaving money Buglord wished in his pocket, a fair-priced shield on the market and a profit TH can use for helping another.
This only would apply to local sellers.

In another POSSIBLE example, perhaps I cannot sell my corn.... I should ask myself, if my corn is fairly-priced compared to that of others. Is my corn more expensive than bread or other goods? Are buyers concentrating on stats instead of basic food? What of chicken farmers? Is my corn a good price for chicken feed, or will it require they increase egg prices?
There are many relationships and dependencies. If we work together, we can all make a good living without gouging or inflating prices unreasonably. Let us who are well-fed and dressed work to help others and our town progress together.
Let us count all our blessings, not just the coins in our pockets.

There is no market miracle to make us all rich overnight ... enjoy life, enjoy sharing your successes and take joy in the successes of your neighbors. Take pride in the past, work together today to build a better future for all.

Selene Luna Drakos
At your service''

She puts her seal and post it
Adonair

Re: Mayor's Office : New and Redecorated

Post by Adonair »

Adonair comes by, knocks and enters.

"Hello Selene," looking around he is surprised by all the interior decoration, "my, this place certainly needed a woman's touch. Its very well done and practical too." He takes a seat in a troll sized chair and is amused at how his feet dangle. "Is there anything I can help you find? I did want to ask if you saw a gray sweater, i used it when i got cold in the office and forgot to remove it when i left."
Selene

Post by Selene »

Selene smiled at her friend and says,

''Ohh this'' as she took the sweater she had put in a box of ''useless'' things for her. ''My bad Adonair!'' as she shake the dust of it off.

''Well im glad you stopped by, in my first day or two I had to make our poor blacksmiths wait for iron because..
darn I couldnt find the price list you had left me...''
she sadly smiled at Adonair openning drawers trying to find it again...

Adonair

Post by Adonair »

"thanks" adonair says as he takes the sweater.

"price list, price list hmm" he scratches his head. I might have an old one around here somewhere, but normally i only post goods that i get from the viceroyal faire and i post them for .01-.50 more than i buy them for."

He leans in and whispers conspiratorially, "all the other towns charge 12.00 for iron, but i charge 12.01" he cackles. "i guess i'm just greedy."
Selene

Post by Selene »

she smiles ''ohhhh thanks dear'' (as she just also find where the heck is viceregal fair :P)

''I will be dilligent now and on my toes thannnnk you soo much''
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Elvish-looking messenger stepped into Cork's Town Hall and left a note for Selene:
Greetings Lady Selene,

Please accept my late congratulations on becoming new mayor of Cork, my friend.

May Mages watch over you and your work.

Athnal,
Marquess of Widu
Selene

Post by Selene »

Happy today she walk's in the office, many things had to be checked over.

Pinning a piece of paper on her ''To do'' board as she like to remind herself visually of the task to be completed

Mayor report du soon

Sitting in her chair, looking if we had donations, who was at militia yesterday to enter the entries...

''Knock Knock Knock''

Selene open the Mayor's office door to find a box at her feet.

Tho she was very strong, she noticed that was not such a light package! she looked for a letter and an
enveloppe was there saying Selene Luna Drakos.

Like any kid with a gift box, she puts the card aside unopened and rip the paper off the box!

in it a simple wooden case with a Red velvety clothing over something....

''its soooo heavy what is that!!'' she shuts her eyes but pull on the material quickly to uncover the present.

Slowly she opens her eyes and her eyes got wide

''OH MY ....'' she was speachless and put the heavy shield aside and proceed to read at last the message :
Kane

Post by Kane »

Dear Selene,

Congratulations on your engagement, it is truly wonderful news and I am extremely happy for you. I have sent a gift and hope you will accept it. You are my mayor, my general and most importantly my friend. I wish you would not have to use it but in the event you do, I know it will help protect you.

Keep safe my friend,

Kane
Selene

Post by Selene »

Selene smiled at her friend's message, fold the note and suit her heavy shield on.

''Oh Kane!...'' thinkin of her wise friend she went on the streets hoping to cross her beloved troll has she couldnt wait to tell Logo of this wonderful gift!
Logo

Post by Logo »

A troll moved into the mayor's office... not quite intentionally remodeling the doors on the way. Dropping a large pile of parchments, he sighed, "w'Ell. This is as good a spot as any for speechifying."

"...A'hem... *cough* ... FIENDS, CORKIANS, TOWNS-CREATURES, lend me your earses!" That seemed to the troll an auspicious start. He continued with some gusto. "I am your dubifully-electified mayotroll of the cork! My name is 'Logo,' but my friends call me... ehrm... Logo.. so please... call me Logo

Firstish, let me say w'Elcome and th'Any'Ou., On electation day, I found the cork in excellish physical and financiary fitness: net worth well over 20K Friesnish, walls perfectically conditioned; corruptication and waste ZERO percents; all non-working assets securely grant-locked. Let us give some claps to our former mayor Selene for her exemplarish custodial care of our common rescources.
"

"Next-firstish, I HAVE A DREAM!! :D I envisify a cork managed OPENLY, HONESTLY and FAIRLY for every individu-creature!. I have two primarish goals:
1) To maximize JOY in the cork. This is YOUR town as much as ANYWHO's town. Each of you has a mage-given right to pursue happiness so long you do not restrictify that right in others. If you have a complaint or suspectication that you have been treated UNFAIRLY, I want to know about it. I will do my best to see the situation rectified.
2) To maximize PROSPERITY. To trolls, one measure of living standards is INCOME. Effectish immediashly, all Cork TH jobs will pay higher wages. I will also look for ways to increase goods and produce prices - or market turns - so you enjoy higher returns and improved cash flow from your fields and workshops.
I ENCOURAGE each of you to HIRE for ALL your FIELD labor. and, of course, to TAKE the field jobs of others, especially the newer arrivals among us.
The worker points are valuababble and through generous hirings the more establerished cityzens can help the younger.
TOGETHER we will PROSPER!
"

Now, here are some signpostages for those looking for advices... visitators to the cork and residentializers:
WELCOME TO THE CORK
VISTATOR INFORMATION

Be Friendly; be civil or be gone
We love visitators. Some we love to see arrive and others we love to see depart. Try to be first kind
Enjoy our markets and temples. Introduce yourself in our forum.
FAIR TRADERS ARE WELCOME HERE!
Don't gouge, dump goods or undercut local producers. Buy what you need, leave some for others.
FRIENDLY WARNING: Speculating is illegal in Bravia, so don't buy low and sell higher on the same market.
If you want to make large trades or arrange more permanent deals, please, contact the mayotroll, Logo
CORK RESIDENT SUGGESTICATIONS
HOW CAN YOU HELP THE CORK?
a) Work in the Militia
b) Chop wood in the forest
c) HIRE for every field job you can and pay your workers well
d) Become a LICENSED CORK TRADER: Travel to sell and buy for profit
e) Become a CORK CONTRACTOR: We need residents who can produce or acquire:
Fish
Axes
Fruit
Pillows, advanced weapons, armors
Gems

f) If you have a businish idea, let the mayotroll know. If it is good, the town may choose to invest in it.
g) Join the Cork Town Council

... signed... Logo, mayotroll of the cork
UPDATED March 8:
SOME MARKETY STUFF
In generish, I won't interferize in how you pricify your goods. Howsomewhatevers, I do want to support you corkites who seek quick returns..
AND I want to help those who are willing to wait for more freznics. Be careful, though. If you get caught buying and selling for higher on the cork market, the mayotroll will NOT hesitate to prosecutize you.

For those of you who wish a quick return on your goods, TH will usually buy below and sometimes at these prices:
Corn 2.75; Bread 5.25; Egg 4.25; Fried Leg 7; Milk: 7;
Steak 14.50; Fish 15.25; Strawberry 14.50
Wheat 9.25; Flour 11.25; Wood 5.50;
Butcher knife 5.00; Cow Carcass 11F;
Chicken 9 F; (To sell chickens, donate 1 to TH, put 9 on market at 10F)

SOME CORK NEWSES:
March 6: Congratulations to Grendel for reaching level 2 :)
March 6: New Feature: "Cork Field Buy Back Program" is on for Corn, Wheat and Veg. You can sell your unwanted field to the TH for 250 F. (This is just starting so... let's see if there's a need or advantage. Got ideas? Don't sell your fields and leave the cork, that would make the mayotroll sad and teary-eyed,. No one likes a soggy troll.)

March 5: There's a new town straw poll ( :D ) Go vote.
March 5: I have put grant bags on the market in case you want a grant for personish use. You can buy one and donate it to TH. (You can also just send the mayotroll a message, too.)
March 5: Firechild is temporarishly in retreats. Selene will stand in for her for a while. Anywho that wants to step in, lemme know.

March 2: Congratulations to Rugila for reaching level 1
Last edited by Logo on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patron of a more astucious criminal class
Life maybe a game, but izza onliest life imma know