Mayor's Office : New and Redecorated

Moderator: Community Team

Selene

Re: Mayor's Office : New and Redecorated

Post by Selene »

Deslock wrote:I was asking 450 for my chicken farm with coups, thats a 50.00 savings on the field with 5 day old coups, I don't think that was unreasonable.
Hope Fenia has deals like those ... :pillow: we will fight over fields :lol:
Logo

Post by Logo »

Zeffee wrote:Mr Mayor,
Why are the fields for sale so expensive?
I'm looking to buy a field for a fair price, do you know anyone selling one?
Let us, please keep this office free of idle or inflammatory speculations as to the veracity of others.

Now, about the logisitics of field pricings: A fair price for a new second field is, as set by the powers-that-be, is 500F plus the cost of animals, labor and crops. i would consider anything less a bargain.

Individuals may only offer a field for sale between 400F and 600F, so the flexibility of a single citizen to create extreme bargain pricing on the field market is very limited. Oddly, "used" fields are often more valuable than new ones because of the crops, labor or animals being raised there. Even so, most sellers will price used fields under the 500F price of a new field.

Very recently, it became possible for towns to act as land brokers. A town hall may now make standing offers for fields -- as low as 250F per field -- to assist those who might wish to sacrifice a reasonable return in exchange for a quick sale.

I enabled those options hoping to use the town's funds to offer varying rates for different field types -- encouraging production of goods that are scarce and discouraging over-production of those that are abundant.

It is sad to see any resident of Cork leave.
Were it in my power to stop such things, I would be sorely tempted to use that power to enforce my preference. However, it is not in my nature; I believe we each have a sacred right to determine our paths.

This troll will. though it makes him tremble with sadness, do his best to support the reasonable plans of citizens of the cork to do with their lives and property as they see fit.

There remain, after the first rounds of sellings and buyings, four fields in the inventory of the cork town hall.
Patron of a more astucious criminal class
Life maybe a game, but izza onliest life imma know
Logo

Post by Logo »

The maytroll of the cork left a scrap of parchment tacked to the office door:

"Resultations of the lastest strawpole in the cork"

Question:
Cork town hall publishes prices to buy from those who want quick sales and resells goods at modest profit. TH hires at generous wages and gives free or low cost gear to residents and raw materials to local producers.
What do you think of these economic policies?

Final Results: (Total Votes: 21)

16 votes: Love them! Easy sales and high wages are great. (76.19%)
02 votes: Hate them. Useless. Stay out of the market (9.52%)
02 votes: Economic policies? Shut up. I am here for PIE (9.52%)
01 votes: Just OK. Slow market is bad. Let TH make a little. (4.76%)
00 votes: I have a better idea. I will post it in the forum (0%)
Logo

Post by Logo »

"g'Ood newses, corkers!" Logo shouted as he trotted en route from the bravia castle to the cork town hall.
"Miner's pay for working in the irony mine outs'Ide the cork have been enbiggened to 19.90 Frez.

Go here to submit your job applicatation.
Currenshly, six irony-mining positions are open daylily.

The mayotroll pulled a wrinkled parchment scrap from a vest pocket and attempted to wipe catsup and partially chewed gizzard from it.
"Regardifying the n'Ew cork strawp'Oll, earily exit-polling shows a strong trendy:
11 of 15 votaters indicate support for enbiggened wages overall...
1 votater wants high wages from town hall, but low miner wages from the VR
1 votater wants a lottery.
A small but vocal minorishy of 2 votaters remain steadfastishous in support of PIE.
" :shock:
Cork TH Straw Poll Final Results wrote:Poll Question: The mayotroll supports higher wages as a sign of prosperity.
He supports increasing local wages as well as wages in the iron mine.
What is your opinion?

Partial Results: (Total Votes: 15)
11 votes: I say, Way to Go, Troll! Show me the Freznics! (73.33%)
00 votes: I say, Go AWAY Troll. Stop interfering. (0%)
01 votes: I say, High wages from TH but keep the mine wage low. (6.67%)
01 votes: I say, Start a lottery. I want WAGERS not wages. (6.67%)
02 votes: I say, Who cares about that. I want my PIE! (13.33%)

"thany'Ou corkers everyho votated. The town poll box is open 'til Mayo 28.
pl'Enty of time to exptress your opinotions.
" ;)

Edited to update straw poll results and say that the increase in mine wages doesn't seem to be attracting many new miners.
The job does pay 19.90F -- it is split into two payments of 9.95 each
Logo

Post by Logo »

The troll stood outside the mayoral offices wearing a large banner with TEH CORK TOPS ALL emblazoned in green and violet colors more garish than any natural process would have the nerve to produce.
Logo had an announcement to make, so he waved his hands, hooting and stomping his feet until the ground rumbled.
Greeterings Corkers! h'Eary'Eee h'EaryEE... EEE EYE EEE EYE OH, he shouted.

Grather r'Ound. don'cha be shyish.
Gretterings Corkers! Congratulerations to us. The lady Victorious is argreementing to publishy service as our new mentotroll ... ehrm mentor.
make her Welcomeated
y'Es! Victorious is the new cork town mentor. Well, not the new cork, the cork's new, I mean. Not that the cork IS new, but the new mentor belongs to the cork. y'Es. d'Owk'Ay.

And to the formerly corker mento-succubbubus, Firechild whoseis retreating, we s'Ay an embiggened th'Anky'Ou and bestest luckinesses in your ... ummm... es...ex...how do you say that sillybabble, hmmm? ... exhams...
Whateverwhats they are, we hope'em are delilicyous! h'Urry b'Ack.

The small crowd stared in a way that the troll determined best to interpret as fascinated awe. "Yes. I m'Ade the bannerama myselfs. ni'ifty, huh? 'cuz the cork goes on the top of bottles and ... it's a town, too. " :lol:
The sad pun caused spasms of laughter to writhe and shudder through the troll's body - as if sheer embarrassment drove them squirming in vain to find some exit.

When the ability to speak finally returned to the troll, he used it. "Any more questerations? :shock: Speak up! ... y'Ou there, in the back. you have questyions?"
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

thistle had stabbed all his cows, and decided he would take an afternoon stroll through the town..walking past the TH building he stopped. ''i think i shall go and see my old mate logo! '' thistle muttered to himself, drawing a startled look from a one-armed goblin that was scurrying by..

he reached the mayotrolls office and knocked on the door, and then walked right in without getting permission.
'' LOGO! '' thistle clicked his neck trying to look up into the trolls face, but beamed anyway, ''thanks so much for the loan to help me buy my field, i am harvesting wheat as fast as i can to pay the town back! '' he grinned then and wondered why wheat took soooo loooong to grow...
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Hello Mrs. Mayor:

I'm going to try to be very diplomatic about this post to you.

I was mentor of Cork with your husband and when he informed me that you were going to be Mayor I asked him to give you a message to contact me so we can talk about the position. Now I trust Logo and we became good friends and I trust that he gave you that message but none the less you never contacted me.

You never contacted me by courier that you were putting someone else in the position. The only conclusion that I could make is that I am a De la Croix and you have a misdealing with our family. I would hope that is not the reason you replaced me as Mentor.

A common courtesy would have been that you had someone else in mind for the Mentor position. Even your husband hoped that you would have contacted me but you didn't.

I understand that you have a personal problem with the De la Croix's but that gives you no right to take it out on a fellow citizen of Cork.

My aunt is giving me the position of being head of the family and we are having a meeting. You are welcome to come so that our families can exist peacefully if not, I will not stand and let you harm or abuse your position to hurt any one in my family.

You are so warned.

Victorious Cromwell-Marlow
Princess of Wahalla, soon to be Queen and head of the De la Croix family
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Selene

Post by Selene »

Dear Victoria,

Tho you trust logo, he in he busy life didnt mention to contact you.

De La Croix or not you may ask him why i told him Kane was our new mentor. You have already many titles and I am encouraging others to become active (in rp) and not all same people having many fonctions.

You belive that is name related? well its sad that you would think that of Drakos. Arent we working your fields like any other... and did YOU mail me a message before or after election? why asking my husband? My husband did talk nicely of you and I never had issues with you, your husband or your family but one individual and I am not the type to comdam a whole family because of one rotten apple by the way, every family has black sheeps....

anyhow you did well as mentor but like I said, Kane will be in time too, a great mentor. Your hunt or not give you other title great for you, I am trying to make some corkians active as well in this world and sad that some poison about names and such you belive but hey its a free Country!

Sincerely

Selene Luna Drakos
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Mayor Selene,

If that was the case you could have consulted me of your decision since I was the current Mentor and not Logo and I would have honored your decision but to just change the position without a word from you was not proper of you.

I accept your answer and wish you all the best with your term as Mayor.

Now regarding my family and as Priestess and Overseer, I pray that you would have forgiveness in your heart so that our families can exist peacefully. As I have said we are having a family meeting and you are welcome to join.

Peace,

Victorious Cromwell-Marlow
Priestess and Overseer of Cork
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Selene

Post by Selene »

I only spoke to Logo because he wondered why you were not longer Mentor, I didnt talk with him before taking the decision, just after he questionned me about the change ;)

Of course our family can and should live in peace side by side :)

(will pm you the reason of why didnt by pm ;) )