Trials and Tribulations of Zeffee

Moderator: Community Team

Zeffee

Trials and Tribulations of Zeffee

Post by Zeffee »

Zeffee looked out of the window towards the lights of Cork, she exhaled deeply as she reflected on the past few months. She had broken with tradition and, after 400 years of roaming had settled in Cork. A decision she was now starting to regret. She had tried to be accepted by the settled population, had lived amongst them, even regarded some as friends yet here she was branded a criminal by the most duplicitous of settlers.

Zeffee had tried hard to understand the ways of this land, her questioning seemed to make people in power defensive and hostile. She would never understand the ways of settled folk and they wanted to keep their strange ways secret she concluded.

With a heavy heart Zeffee decided to sell her home and land, re-join her Coven and continue to roam free, free from the shackles of discrimination and prejudice. Free to practise her craft and follow a recent compulsion to move from the shadows into the darkness.

She sat by the fire in her cosy kitchen, muttering the ancient words of a long crafted spell as she stirred the boiling liquid.

She touched her stomach, and thought about her unborn child. A settler's child, a daughter yet to be born. The child may inherit the power of the Nimue family or she may inherit her father's traits and wouldn't belong with the coven.

She was unsure what she should do, some of her coven hated settled people and would kill a non-magical child on sight. Again she felt her anger build at the thought of the treatment she had received.
Zeffee

Re: Trials and Tribulations of Zeffee

Post by Zeffee »

Zeffee woke early from her slumber, she had a strange feeling about today. She quickly dressed and ventured into the forest, without even acknowledging the dawn chorus of the wild birds which was out of character for her.

She knew exactly where to go, into the deepest darkest part of the forest where she had seen Mandrakes growing. Using her knife she dug up the root and placed it in her bag. She needed a few other less potent herbs too, especially raspberry leaves and nettles. She harvested the leaves quickly and silently. She usually sang to thank the spirits of the forest for their bounty, but not today. She harvested the nettle leaves in a trance like state, not even noticing the blisters forming on her hands. The pain was diminished by the emotional pain she was experiencing.

When she had all the items she needed she muttered an ancient enchantment, the words of her ancestors rolled off her tongue and she found comfort in them. She produced a glass vial from her bag and filled it with water from a nearby spring. She muttered a brief prayer and threw a silver coin into the water to thank the spirit of the spring. She pulled her hood over head and with a heavy heart she returned home.
Zeffee

Post by Zeffee »

Zeffee lay on her bunk with her new born daughter on her chest, totally exhausted. The birth was long and arduous as she knew it would be but she'd had faith that all would be well. The spirtis of the forest had told her so. She had chosen to give birth alone, too afraid to ask for help from either her coven or the midwife in Cork. For many months her instinct was to protect her unborn child and her self imposed solitude had allowed her to do that.

She felt too weak to move and knew that she'd lost a lot of blood. She needed to thank the spirits and ask them to bless her daughter and conduct a purification ritual. She looked at her daughter's dark eyes and knew she needed to contact Amladris to let him know the time had come.

Holding the baby to her breast she closed her eyes and tried to summon the 2 ravens  Huginn (thought) and Muninn (memory). She sighed with relief as she saw them and muttered the words of the ancients that they would understand.

She watched as they swooped out of the widow heading towards Cork and Amladris. She longed for a sip of water but couldn't summon the strength to leave her bunk. She pulled a fur over her herself and her daughter and allowed her eyes to close.
Amladris

Post by Amladris »

Amladris was in his study room .Looking at maps , he look for a new land to travel .Maybe a place to trained his army our a new place for his barrack .He seat for a moment drinking his wine .As he took a little rest ,he see 2 ravens coming tru the window .At first he looks at them thinking he should have close the window .But the 2 ravens stair at him talking to him .Amladris frow for a moment .He was not use to see such of creature stairing and talking to him .He grabs the 2 ravens and close his eyes .A message is revealed to him as he reads in the toughs of the 2 ravens .He open his eyes worried and call of his dragon .He jumps onto his dragon and fly to the covent where Zeffee was .Flying into the sky at full spead ,he land on the roof .Quick he jump into the window and land close to the bed .He see Zeffee laying there weak .He looks around and grabs a glass of water .As he lift up her head, he see a child head .

Zeffee drink this water .Are child is here .I been waiting for this moment .
Zeffee

Post by Zeffee »

Zeffee felt the cool water on her lips and weakly opened her eyes, her heart filled with joy when she saw Amladris.

Knowing they would both be safe now she summoned up all her strength and whispered

Meet your daughter Amladris, she was born but an hour ago. I need you take care of us, I don't think I …....

Her voice faded as her eyes closed again and weariness engulfed her. This time she didn't bother to fight it, confident that Amladris would take care of them both.
Amladris

Post by Amladris »

Amladris look at his daughter and smiled.He saw clearly that Zeffee was weak .He grabs his daughter and seat beside the bed looking at his new born child .He smiled at her. His heart was full of joy .A tears falled into the corner of his eyes .He look at his daughter and whisper .

Hello there little one .I am Amladris your father .You are so beautiful and quiet .You are a princess ,a Wahalien .I am naming you Celestine .For now on you will be knowned as Celestine De La Croix .May the mages bless you in this life .

Amladris kisses his daughter forehead and set her on the cradle who was next to Zeffee bed.He then get a towel and wet it in the bucket of water.He seat close to Zeffee and put it on her forehead .He close his eyes and release some energy into her .He grabs her hand and made the energy circle crossing tru her and him .
Zeffee

Post by Zeffee »

Zeffee slept peacefully, knowing Amladris was watching over them.

When she finally opened her eyes she found Amladris sitting next to her holding the babe.

She smiled weakly and whispered

It's a beautiful name, but remember that she is part witch too and is likely to have inherited some of my powers.

I would very much like her to have the middle name of one of my ancesters.

Celestine Morrígu De La Croix, she has a proud heritage from both of our family lines.

As Celestine began to stir, she reached for her and kissed her softly before nursing her, amazed at the powerful maternal instinct she was experiencing. She looked down at her child and knew she could never abandon her and would protect her with her life.
Amladris

Post by Amladris »

Amladris smiles at Zeffee stroking her hair .He listen to her whisper to Celestine .

Yes she is a Morrígu as well .She is very bless to be with us so our we .I will be there for you two .Always i will do my best as a father .Thank you for giving me such a wonderful gift .I will be there for you as well .

He could hold them as his tears fall from his eyes .He rest his head close to Zeffee head smiling at her looking at the baby .
Amladris

Post by Amladris »

Amladris arrive during the night .He set his horeses close to the Coven where Zeffee and Celestine stayed .In silence,he climb the wall of the tower.Sliding slowly into the window,he smiles seing Zeffee and Celestine .

I have return .I brought some horses so we can travel easy and quick .Bringing my dragons was not a good idea specialy for Clestine and you .