(RP) Tower of Adonair: Season Three

Moderator: Community Team

Adonair

(RP) Tower of Adonair: Season Three

Post by Adonair »

Adonair and willow arrive back at the tower and settle in. Within a few days, Adonair is ready to open up his magic school to anyone with a talent they would like to master.

((open rp, come whoever wants to learn and have fun))
Miss Malan

Re: (RP) Tower of Adonair: Season Three

Post by Miss Malan »

Malan was walking down the street thinking deeply. Lately she'd felt a strange stirring of power inside her and odd things started happening when she sang or told stories. As she walked past a tower a sign catches her eye: School of Magic.

'School of magic. Hmm'. She thought to herself. 'Perhaps there will be someone there who can explain why it stopped raining last time I sang You are my Sunshine. If not I might learn something interesting anyway. I just hope it doesn't cost too much.'

She decided to seize the moment so she walked straight up to the door and knocked.
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

Adonair opens the door to see the young woman. He bows and bids her enter.

"Welcome to the tower of Adonair. I am Adonair, a wizard and teacher."

Adonair's long white beard had been neatly trimmed recently and he wore a blue robe. Though quite elderly he still could move at a reasonable pace. "So tell me, miss, what is your name and what brings you hence?"
Miss Malan

Post by Miss Malan »

Malan didn't know what she had been expecting but she was quite pleased that the door was opened by someone who looked like a real wizard. She had been brought up to be respectful to her elders so she gave the deepest curtsy she knew how to do and introduced herself.
'Good day sir, begging your grace's pardon sir. I am come to inquire about classes at the school sir. The magic school sir. Are they very expensive sir? You see I don't have much money sir but sir if there is such a thing as magic in songs and stories I would like to learn about it sir.'

She leaned in closer and lowered her voice. 'You see sir lately strange things have started happening when I sing or tell stories sir. Uncanny things. And even if there isn't I'd like to learn some magic. Potions for example, I'd like to learn about potions. And changing things into other things and how to hear the stories of the elemental creatures and animals sir.'

Unsure what to do next she dropped another deep curtsy.
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

Adonair bows in response to the curtsy and brings the young lady into the dining room where he often held the lecture part of his classes.

"I do not charge for classes because I am the wealthiest man in the world." He lets that sink in a moment and then continues, "Which is to say that I already have everything I need and everything I want. To be content with what one has is true wealth." He snaps his fingers at the tea kettle and sets it to boiling.

He listens to what she has to say about stories and songs and then smiles. "Story and song are the oldest magicks known to human beings... and several other races as well. The word for spell and the word for song in Elvish are one and the same. Stories frame our being, they tell us who we are and how to interpret the world around us. And when we are naught but dry bones in a grave, our story lives still. Such is the power of story."

He cocks his head as she mentions other fields of magic: potions, transmutations, elemental.... "Ah yes, a general education in magic, to be a true wizard requires a familiarity with all of it. Most of all it requires that you not fear it. Fear is the corrupter of magicians and limits their abilities."

Adonair gestures that she should sit. He busies himself with preparing two cups of tea along with biscuits and jam. "So tell me a story about one of these uncanny things that has happened."
Alexandria

Post by Alexandria »

Alex’s parents had sent a letter to their son, Alex’s older brother explaining to him that she need to attend magic school to help her learn to control her magic. When Arthur and Lynna sat Alex down to explain things to her she looked at them with a pouty face that did not work for her like it does for Callie. Well it doesn’t always work for Callie but it was worth a try. Me… I’ve got plenty of control it’s my magic that doesn’t have control. Alex saw the look on their faces and realized this was one argument she would not win. Sighing she agreed, they handed her some lunch but said that granddad would be expecting her for the new season and it was time she learned. Alex began to get excited; it was her granddad’s school. This could be fun she said as she waved to them both then ran out the door with Sybil as always following right behind her.

Arriving in Cork Alex and Sybil made their way to the tower. Knocking at the door Alex waited to see who would answer.
♥ Split Personality ♥ Sorceress ♥ Priestess ♥ Little Phoenix ♥ All Magick ♥ You be mixed up too ♥
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

Adonair sets tea on the table, then hearing a knock on the door, sets out another plate and cup.

He strolls to the door and opens it. "Ah, Alexandria, I see you got my letter." He gives her a hug and invites her in for biscuits and tea. "I hope you are excited about learning to control your magic." Noting her displeasure at his assessment he amends it, "learning to gain even more control over your magic."

Motioning to the other young lady he says, "this is..." he then realizes that she had not yet given her name, "... my new student. I hope you two will work well together.

Now addressing the student already seated he says, "You were about to tell us a story of magic?"
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Grayson had been hanging out with Alex alot and had heard from her that Adonair was opening hup a school for teaching wizards how to control their powers and other things that they would need to know about being a wizard. He knew that she was going and decided that he would go as well so that she would know some one there as well.

Grayson gathered his self up some stuff that he thought he may need and began to walk towards cork. As Grayson headed out Nomad fell in beside Grayson. Their link had strengthened in the last few days and it was making things easier for Grayson when he looked through Nomad's eyes things did not effect him as bad now. Grayson made the trip to cork in a matter of days. Asking a local merchant where he could find the Tower of Adonair; He made his way there and Knocked upon the door. As he waited he straightened his clothes and dusted them off some, trying to look presentable, Nomad laying by his side,
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

Spring means housecleaning for many, among other things: giving the barn and hencoop a thourough mucking, planting a garden full of herbs and turning out the grazers onto the meadows. In her cleaning, Arkie had found some books and parchments that belong to Adonair. She's been finished with the garden and the barn, and is finishing with her house. Bringing some of her leftover seeds to the Thatcher's for their own use, and then taking the books to Adonair should get her out of the house and give her a brief respite from her cleaning.

Dressed in her better clothes after a good bath, she travels to her neighbor, her aching back and blistered hands keeping her company. The Thatchers insist on giving her some tisanes for her blisters and her aches, the tisanes immediately applied and seem to work efficiently and quickly. She queries them about the contents and the preparation and decides that this is something to have on hand for herself. Mrs. Thatcher assures her that the tisane will help even kitchen burns, and Mr. Thatcher agrees that sunburns also feel much better after the tisane.

The non-magical beings are often a source of education for her, she's found. She vows to return their favor somehow, and then leaves them for Adonair's Tower.

Upon reaching town, she heads for the Tower, her feet seeming to know the path even as she's lost in thought, thinking about the tisane's ingredients. Suddenly, the door looms in front of her, and Opens, in tune to her from long association.

She is startled to see a young man at the door, who's been spending a bit of time in grooming. Grinning, she asks, "Coming to see the Wizard? Has he started a new class?"

She raps on the door and hesitates to enter until welcomed by Adonair, as she and the young man aren't both familiar or known to the house and the Spells which guard the place might very well not be friendly to the young man until Adonair himself welcomes the visitor.
Alexandria

Post by Alexandria »

Alex was all smiles when her granddad opens the door, yes got it today. Alex jumps at her granddad, returning his hug. Hmm food, would love some thank you granddad. Alex follows him into the school and frowns. She was a bit down remembering how her magic caused so much commotion at his reception. I’m sorry granddad for being troublesome, I truly never mean to; she said with a long face but as always her granddad knew just what to say to make her feel better.. Smiling, learning to gain any control over her magic was great. I will do all I can to make you and everyone proud of me.

Alex looks at the other young lady and gives her a smile; Hello my name is Alexandria Braeden but some call me Alex. Looking at her granddad; we will work together just fine as she finds a seat next to them when she hears someone at the door. She was getting excited more people meant more students, magic and fun. Sybil laid at Alex’s feet purring making Alex laugh, no you can't be changed back just yet. Granddad might not want a big jungle cat in the tower. Now behave and act like a house cat for a bit longer. Glancing up she notices the looks... sorry Sybil doesn't like being a house cat but I don't want to scare anyone Granddad.

Updated for correction :P
Last edited by Alexandria on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
♥ Split Personality ♥ Sorceress ♥ Priestess ♥ Little Phoenix ♥ All Magick ♥ You be mixed up too ♥