(RP) Tower of Adonair: Season Three

Moderator: Community Team

Adonair

Re: (RP) Tower of Adonair: Season Three

Post by Adonair »

There was another crash of glass and Sir Dusty quite accidentally picked up a piece of broken equipment and fired it like a bullet across the room as it spun out of his vortex.

"Ok everyone, lab is over," said Adonair trying to remain calm, "I hope you all learned a bit about potion making and about detecting invisible. Please watch your paws and feet as you leave. We may have a new student so let's welcome him or her." He led the way. When he saw Sir Dusty obediently followed he pointed to him and said, "I need you to stand guard, make sure no one enters here until I come back." Sir Dusty was pleased with his new mission, not realizing that he was just being kept out of the way.
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Grayson's smiled wided as Alex said, You’re important to me Grayson, why wouldn’t I ask? He smiled even more as she took hold of his arm. Grayson slid his hand over hers and smiled broadly as she then smiled and said, I wonder who that could be as they heard a knock at the door. Grayson turned to her, I am not sure! As they were talking about it Adonair said, "Ok everyone, lab is over," said Adonair trying to remain calm, "I hope you all learned a bit about potion making and about detecting invisible. Please watch your paws and feet as you leave. We may have a new student so let's welcome him or her." Standing up and keeping ahold of Alex hand, Shall we follow and meet the new person?
Miss Malan

Post by Miss Malan »

Malan was sorry to leave Sir Dusty behind - she had grown quite fond of him actually. But she perked up when Adonair said lab time was over. Maybe she'd be better at the next lesson. She watched the kits bouncing happily out the door and wondered what mischief they would get up to during the next lesson.
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

Arkie waits until all the other students have filed out, with the kits leading the way. She follows them down to the downstairs front room, and waits a few minutes before finding a chair into which to collapse.

She realizes that part of her problem might have been that her sleep was shortened lately due to the responsibilities of being VR, the need for study, and the time spent lately in exercising Regina in preparation for any races that could be coming up in the future.

Listening to the hum of air around the Majiks of the others, she smiles. She's only recently become attuned to the sounds and mostly the hums of Magik emating from the students are a bit off pitch. From Adonair, the hum is totally in tune, a triharmonic chord that sounds a bit like bells from the towers of a big city.

She waits.
Teide

Post by Teide »

She waited at the door for what seemed an eternity. It was hot under that blanket and even worse as time passed on and to her she felt like a piece of mutton wrapped in sauce and left to roast over a fire...that or a dumpling...either way you looked at it it was unpleasant waiting for that big door to open. She had begun to wonder if anyone had heard her. Any harder and she was sure her knuckles would break. A solid large door like the one this tower had was mighty difficult to make a decent racket. She looked up to look for a knocker but it was way up there... she reached on tip toes and stretched her arm as far as she could. Her fingers couldn't touch the metal of the knocker and she strained a little more to no avail.

Placing her arm back in the blanket to keep her pale skin from burning she decided next time to just indulge in a parasol. Being a cheapskate wasn't worth this. She waited a little longer and when it seemed no one would come she pried her small fingers in the crack of the door and pulled with both hands. She groaned as she struggled to move it's mass but finally got it open enough then was surprised as someone opened it the rest of the way for her. The blanket covered her face and gave her the likeness of a ghost sheet. Hearing the echo of many feet shuffling and stopping just short she could guess a precession of people had come to greet her.

She lifted the blanket from her face and looked out from under it revealing a petite little half elf with pale skin and raven black hair. She had two deep green eyes and a rather unsure but mischievous aura to her. She was a small thing to say the least...her age was difficult to guess be it a child perhaps or older. She only stood 4ft tall but she did possess an older look to her eyes, "Hello..." she glanced at each face that looked at her but her eyes settled on the wizened older fellow with the gray beard she assumed was the person she was looking for, "Umm...Mr. Xeno told me to come here. He wrote you a while back about me...he said you could help me with my 'special' talents. My name is Téide Di Carpietra, Saela's younger sister." she seemed nervous as she spoke and hurried to get it out there.
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

Adonair remembers the message he had from Xeno, it must have been a year ago.

"Teide! Welcome to the Tower of Adonair. We have just finished up our lesson for the day. Come in, let's all introduce ourselves and get to know our new student. I am Adonair, the wizard of this tower and also the rector of the Bravian University."
Alexandria

Post by Alexandria »

Alex heard her granddad as he spoke. Ok everyone; lab is over, I hope you all learned a bit about potion making and about detecting invisible. Please watch your paws and feet as you leave. We may have a new student so let's welcome him or her. Alex felt Grayson taking her hand as he stood up. Shall we follow and meet the new person? Smiling at Grayson, she grips his hand just a bit tighter to let him know it was ok. Yes please, she said following Grayson and everyone as they followed her granddad to the door.

Welcome to the Tower of Adonair. We have just finished up our lesson for the day. Come in, let's all introduce ourselves and get to know our new student. Alex saw her expression, with a soft giggle she spoke up. OK! Everyone stop the staring it could be a bit scary for her, then again maybe not as she thought about it. Hello Téide, I’m Alexandria Breaden but everyone just calls me Alex. This is Grayson she touch him on the chest gently, Malan over there with Callie following. Be careful Callie is 4 cute as a button but can talk your ear off so have some glue to apply them back. Alex laughs a bit as she then point over behind her granddad, that’s Arkie she really good at magic. I can’t wait to get that good. Oh, forgot be careful of the kits, they’re around here somewhere and are as mischievous as they are cute. Sorry I tend to talk a lot but granddad, I mean Adonair… hmm, Alex glances at her granddad and smiles before moving back and retaken Grayson hand. Sorry, granddad did not mean to ramble on.
♥ Split Personality ♥ Sorceress ♥ Priestess ♥ Little Phoenix ♥ All Magick ♥ You be mixed up too ♥
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Grayson smiled when he felt her tightem her grip on his hand. As they walked through the tower he heard Adonair say, "Teide! Welcome to the Tower of Adonair. We have just finished up our lesson for the day. Come in, let's all introduce ourselves and get to know our new student. I am Adonair, the wizard of this tower and also the rector of the Bravian University." As they walked up he heard and felt Alex, step away from him and then say, OK! Everyone stop the staring it could be a bit scary for her, Alex seemed to think for a moment, Hello Téide, I’m Alexandria Breaden but everyone just calls me Alex. This is Grayson he felt her gentle touch and smiled as he nodded at the girl, Malan is over there with Callie following. Be careful Callie is 4 cute as a button but can talk your ear off so have some glue to apply them back. Alex laughs a bit, He smiled and said, That is so true she is a very good talker! She then point over behind her granddad, That’s Arkie she really good at magic. I can’t wait to get that good. Oh, forgot be careful of the kits, they’re around here somewhere and are as mischievous as they are cute. Sorry I tend to talk a lot but granddad, I mean Adonair… hmm, Alex glances at her granddad and smiles before moving back and retaken Grayson hand. Sorry, granddad did not mean to ramble on.

As Alex retook his hand; He beemed a big smile and slightly blushed. He was happy that she was willing to hold his hand. His emotions were probably over powering her abilities right now. He tried to hold them back some so that she was not beat up to much. He leaned down and whispered I am sorry! Grayson turned his head in the direction of Teide, He smiled and said, Won't you come in?
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

As its getting late, Adonair serves an herbal tea and a few cookies. He is a bit distracted wondering where the kits went as they are suddenly nowhere to be found. Where they still up there with Sir Dusty? Did they teleport home? Were they off in another portion of the tower causing trouble? He tried to mentally scan for them in the tower.

With most of the students seated he asked, "What observations do you have about potion making, and about the detection of invisibility?"
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Grayson had taken a seat by Alex and was sipping his tea and eating some cookies when Adonair asked, "What observations do you have about potion making, and about the detection of invisibility?" Grayson stopped eating the moist delicious cookie and pondered the question for a moment. He looked around the room at the different students and thoiught of the things that had happened, Malan turning green, Sybil causing a mess from drinking it, Arkie and Himself having adverse effect after the fact. There were a few things that he could say and they all tied into being careful with what you are mixing and know what the effects were and the aftereffects as well, It was not something to mess with.

Taking another sip of tea to wash down the cookie Grayson spoke, I would have to say that I learned that you have to be careful and precise when mixing potions. You need to know what it is your mixing, what it does and what it's effects are afterwards. Knowing these things will let you kmow what to expect and give you a chance to effect any issues that might arise from it. He sat there for a minute, Detecting Invisibilty can be a little rough, You need to learn things to look for, If you know what you are looking for or how to see it you can have an easier time finding it, but if done right it is hard to discern and you may not find it at all. Grayson hoped what he was saying was coming out like he wanted it to. He guessed if he was wrong he would learn shortly. He turned ands smiled at Alex.