A stroll through the market

Moderator: Community Team

balerion

A stroll through the market

Post by balerion »

Balerion wandered aimlessly through the Corkian market searching for a gift. It had to be something special, nothing ordinary would do. So far he had spent half the morning looking but as of yet had found nothing.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
AuroraKiye

Re: A stroll through the market

Post by AuroraKiye »

The marketstall that Arkie uses for her odds and ends for around the tavern and for her home is bare. She'd come too late in the day. Wouldn't you know it? The other stalls have some goods, but they aren't likely. Today, she doesn't have a goal in mind, but nothing catches her eye.

Wandering from stall to stall, she finds some small things to buy. As the shopping continued though, she finds a stall she's not seen before. Potions and raw materials for potions, majic amulets, and some other items she's interested in looking at compete for her attention. She moves from one item on the table to another, not paying attention to anyone or anything around her.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Balerion continues strolling through the market when he sees a brilliant flash of red hair. Investigating he goes closer and sees someone but he can't quite tell who. A silver necklace shining on the table catches his eye and he decides to buy it because it would go perfect with that hair. Giving the merchant his money he turns and is suprised to see that the person under the hair is Arkie.

Shaker of Castles
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

Looking intently at all the selections on the table, she spies some jewelry, some of which have the auras of majical properties. Just as she finds a ring that is mesmerizing her, she hears her name. Startled, she looks around to see who's calling her name. Her face shows her surprise, it's Bal whom she met when she went to his tavern a long time ago. "Bal!!! What are you doing here? Oh, yea, I remember hearing that you were in town! I do hope you're staying out of trouble?"
balerion

Post by balerion »

Oh I haven't revolted... yet. I got this pendant for you. I thought it went perfectly with your hair. I hope you like it...
Shaker of Castles
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

Arkie's nod stops, and her jaw drops. "Oh, Bal!! It's gorgeous!" She touches the pendant softly with her fingertips. "It's beautiful!!! Thank you. But you don't need to buy anything for me!" She realizes that somehow that necklace is more than the eye sees. Pausing for a moment more, she decides to accept the gift, even though she doesn't have anything for him. "Wow, thank you. It's beautiful."

Holding the necklace fully in her hand, she feels it's weight. She feels the cool of the metal, and the heft of the silver. The workmanship is excellent, and the stallowner must have charged a bit just for the silver itself.

Looking again at Bal, she says quietly, "Thank you, Bal. It's beautiful. I can't remember the last time anyone bought me a gift. Could you help me put it on?"
balerion

Post by balerion »

Using his talons it was rather difficult but after some tricky manuvering Bale finally got it around her neck. It looks wonderful on you. You make it so much more than it could otherwise be. You are the person adorning the necklace. I wonder would you like to go for a picknick later? I know of a great spot down by the river...
Shaker of Castles
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

Arkie is taken by surprise. "I'd love to! I'll bring the dessert, if you like apple pie?"

"
balerion

Post by balerion »

Mmmmmmmmmmmm pie. Balerion does his best Homersonofsimp impression. I could give you a ride and we could get there faster. Let me just find some chicken first.
Shaker of Castles
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

"I'd almost wager you'll find a lot of chicken on the market here. I've lived a simple life. Except for when I ride my hippogriff, my feet don't leave the ground. I'll look forward to it. Can we say after noon? I've got to get some work done in the office, and take care of some things."