[RP] A Stroll with Princess

Moderator: Community Team

Victorious

[RP] A Stroll with Princess

Post by Victorious »

Today seemed like it was going to be a day for a picnic and a nice outing for Princess. We might just go and ride to the countryside of Cork and maybe we will find a lake on our travels.

She has her stable manager, Sean, get her horse, Princess, ready for their outing today.

She walks out of her castle all dolled up looking beautiful as ever. Her beautiful red satin dress draping over Princess. She definitely looked like a princess today. The staff had given Sean the picnic basket to fasten with Princess.

The sky was blue and their were no rain clouds in sight. The trees were blooming and the birds were chirping.

Ok girl lets go for a ride. She pet Princess and off they went. She was feeling rather happy and peaceful today. She didn't know why but it felt good. She stopped by a lake so Princess could get some water and Victorious fed her some oats. She tied her to a tree and took out her blanket and lied it on the ground. She took the picnic basket and set it on the blanket in case she got hungry.

She took her shoes off and set them on the blanket while she went to go walk in the water. She lifted her dress so it would not get wet and just enjoyed the cool water on her feet. Princess was sniffing the nice cool breeze while I was enjoying my time in the water.

It was a wonderful day to be out.
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Bergan

Re: [RP] A Stroll with Princess

Post by Bergan »

Bergan had been an inhabitant of Cork for almost three weeks now. Leaving Imperious was no loss. He was finding the single life rather lonely and hoped that his move to Cork would lead him into a new life, and possibly, the chance to find his soulmate.

His needs were simple. He adored the outdoors, and all of nature’s creatures. His inherent gift of healing sick animals, as well as Halflings, and humans, or indeed any living thing, had ensured that his relationship with animals was a special one.

He was able to speak in a common tongue that was not audible to the human ear, more a telepathic communication. This ensured that he could direct his healing energies exactly where they were needed, rather than the accepted way animals were diagnosed, which was by guesswork, unless the complaint that ailed them was obvious.

Today was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, and swallows were catching the much hatching of gnats, rabbits were frolicking in the deep, lush meadows, and apparently, everything was going according to the grand plan.

Bergan had decided to saddle up Flynn, his beloved piebald horse, and take a look a little further out of Cork and visit a local beauty spot by a lake. After following a small grove of trees which took him along a well worn path, he was suddenly treated to the most stunning view of the lake. He paused for a minute, taking a deep breath of the freshest air before continuing on and down to the lakeside.

He hadn’t gone far before he heard another horse whinnying. Turning to his right, he saw the most divine looking mare informing of his presence. He turned Flynn and slowly walked towards her. Silently, he introduced himself as he always did as he dismounted and offered the back of his hand to her, then gently patting her muzzle.

He was suddenly startled as his eyes fell upon the most ravishing looking woman he had ever seen. She was dressed in a bright red dress which she was holding up to her knees. She was barefoot, and had clearly been paddling in the cool water.

“Excuse me my lady. I was just admiring your wonderful mare. She’s beautiful” he said, thinking exactly the same about the angelic raven haired beauty who was now before him.
“ I hope I’m not intruding. My name is Bergan, I’m just passing a wonderful day. I live not far away in Cork. I moved there only weeks ago. It’s a busy place; I’m quite surprised at how quickly a body can find himself in such a quiet tranquil place as this so near to the hustle, and bustle of the town.”

Just then a large passing dragonfly almost caused them to collide into each other whilst ducking. “Woops! Pardon me, I never saw that coming. I’m sorry I didn’t catch your name,” He said, gazing into the bright shining eyes of the lovely lady.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious was enjoying walking in the water having fun with the cool water on her feet when she heard Princess make a noise. She turned around and saw a strange man touching her. She quickly got out of the water and walked over to him.

Princess seemed to enjoy the attention from the man which was strange. She usually is very cautious of strangers. Once she had walked over the young man had started to speak:
“Excuse me my lady. I was just admiring your wonderful mare. She’s beautiful”
Well thank you. She is my prized possession and friend. She is well taken care of. We are not used to meeting strangers in these parts of Cork. Suddenly a dragonfly flew by his face and he almost knocked her over but she caught her balance. He kindly excused himself. Tis quite alright. The water must be bringing them out.

My name is Victorious Cromwell. You say your name is Bergan. I don't think we've ever met before. I usually know lots of people in Cork. Well it is a pleasure meeting you. He seemed nice enough and he had such beautiful blue eyes but she didn't want him to notice that she was admiring them since he was a stranger.

Princess and I come here often when we have nice days like today. Please excuse me, I have to dry my feet. Victorious goes over to her blanket and pulls out a towel from the picnic basket and dries her feet and has a seat on the blanket. It seemed she got hungry having fun in the lake.

You can come over here and sit with me if you like. I got hungry and I'm going to be having a bite to eat if you would like to share with me.
Bergan

Post by Bergan »

Bergan’s face broke into a broad, happy grin, as Victorious spoke to him. Never before had he felt so instantly attracted to anyone. Her voice seemed to have a sing song, happy feel to it and he was made to feel instantly welcome. “Victorious Cromwell, I am delighted to make your acquaintance” He said, bowing slightly at the waist

He watched as she dried her slender feet.

“Princess eh? Well she certainly looks a princess. I’m sorry if I startled you, it was Princess who grabbed my attention, I can speak horse you see, as well as communicate with several other animals quite fluently It’s either a gift, or a curse. Ha ha! I’m never really sure. It depends whether the animal I’m communicating with has manners or not.”

Bergan paused for a moment, stroking the fine looking mare. “This girl here is exceptionally well mannered I have to say. She gave me a very nice welcome, and as you can see, she doesn’t think me any threat. I also have the ability to heal animals, and other living creatures of the flesh. This is assuming that the great architect deems it permissible.” He said, as Victorious finished drying her feet.

You can come over here and sit with me if you like. I got hungry and I'm going to be having a bite to eat if you would like to share with me.
“That would be wonderful” He said, before taking a seat on the blanket she had laid out on the ground. Being careful not to sit too close, but near enough to see himself reflected in her eyes.“I must say, I never expected to be so fortunate when I set out this morning. My intention was to soak up the beauty of the day and explore my new surroundings a little more. And If you will allow me,” he said, before closing his eyes tightly then seemingly out of thin air, he produced a carafe of wine in one hand, and a bottle of fruit juice in the other.

“Another of my abilities” he laughed. “Oops! I almost forgot the glasses” Then went on to repeat the process before opening his eyes again, and holding two large schooners in his hand. “It’s not magic” He said “Just retrieving my own property by way of apportation.” “My contribution.” He added.

“Now my lady. Would you like wine or fruit juice.” He said with his handsome broad grin, and his eyes fixed unwaveringly on Victorious.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious had finished drying her feet and gently layed the towel down on the corner of the blanket. She heard Bergan speak words of beauty to her and it was so nice to hear for a change. She started to blush as he noticed her beauty which she really didn't see at times.

He started to tell her of his gifts and she became fascinated with him. She had never met anyone with such gifts. Oh dear Bergan those are definitely gifts and not curses. Our great mages would never give us curses unless it was called for and from listening to you, I doubt very much the Mages would have reason to do that. I only speak as a Priestess and Overseer that is.

My aunt has taught me about the Faith extensively and with my observation of you, I definitely see this as a gift. We all have gifts in this world, Bergan, and I'm sure you will find that you have other gifts as well.

I'm still realizing mine as I'm still in my early twenties.

She watched Bergan magically make wine and fruit juice appear and then some glasses. Her eyes must have dropped to the ground when she saw this. He was definitely an interesting fellow and very easy on the eyes. Her heart started to flutter. She looked down to her belly and laughed. This must be a sign from the Mages.

I would love some wine, Bergan. Thank you, you are such a gentleman. I'm surprised no one has grabbed you for themselves.

Victorious opens her basket and takes out the cooked meats and fruit and puts them on the plates that were in the basket and hands one to Bergan. Here you go, Bergan. I hope you like it. My staff are very good at what they do. I am truly blessed.

She waits for Bergan to take the plate.
Bergan

Post by Bergan »

Bergan watched as she unpacked her basket. Her slender long fingers lifting out carefully packed delicacies. Her elegantly poised head was held atop her seemingly sculpted alabaster neck. She was calm and serene. Her dark hair framed her angelic face just perfectly he thought.

He listened as she spoke of her own opinions of the gifts that he held, reassuring him that they were not in anyway a curse. He smiled at his misuse of the word curse. It was his way of describing the many belligerent animals he always felt compelled to help in sickness, even though some were often very rude to him, Unlike Princess, who seemed to be pleased to meet Bergan.

She then went on to say that she was imparting this belief from her own experience as a Priestess. This admission made him sit up in surprise. “A Priestess” he thought. He could now see how this position radiated through her like the light from a comet. She had also revealed that she was still realising her own gifts, and that she was still only in her early twenties.

Bergan was her senior, but not by any great amount of years. After producing the wine, and the fruitjuice she had said,“I would love some wine, Bergan. Thank you, you are such a gentleman. I'm surprised no one has grabbed you for themselves”.
“Well thank you so much, you’re most kind. I did in fact move to the more populated town of Cork with the hopes of finding a suitable wife. I am without family as I was an only child. My dear mother, bless her died whilst giving birth to me. Some say it was very convenient for my father at the time. I best explain.
Bergan laughed Then after pouring her the wine he said. My mother,whome of course I never knew, was of Gypsy stock. Unlike my father, who was of high nobility, and a general in the army. My mothers parting words were, “I would like you to call the child Bergan”. This was the name of her Romanian father. My own father carried out her wishes, then made provisions for the care of his son and heir. I was raised by a spinster, and a teacher of many subjects. A lady by the name of Faith Brown. An appropriate name, as she did indeed have much faith in me, and taught me well.

I did see my father from time, to time, though he never forged any kind of relationship with me. He took care of my needs financially, and I did inherit his title of “Lord” after he died. Much to his dismay I expect”. Bergan laughed again. Let’s say, I think I was a secret he preferred to keep quiet about. Now if I were to use my full name and title it would be. Lord Bergan Mortimer. Ha ha! But my friends simply call me Bergan."

Reaching over to the basket he retrieved and apple which he promptly handed over to the mare.
“Pardon me Princess, you would like an apple you say. Beautiful girl you are.”
At that Victorious handed over a plate with a deliciously ample portion of all kinds of eateries.
“Here you go, Bergan. I hope you like it. My staff are very good at what they do.

“Indeed they are, this is simply wonderful. I’m sorry Victorious. I do hope I’m not boring you with my history, although I was brought up in a very genteel society, with the best education money can buy. I’m afraid that high society was never of interest to me, nor material wealth. I have no wish to impress with my title. My calling has always been to help others, especially animals who cannot speak for themselves. But see, I blether on. Do tell me of yourself. Your staff you say? And you are a Priestess. How very interesting. Am I to assume you are also of nobility”?
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious listened to Bergan and was surprised to hear he came from nobility. Her father would be proud.

It was sad the life he had though in the past. If his family accepted him, he would know a different life than he had known as a child. It must have been hard to not have the true love of your father, something that she had known all her life. Her mother loved her dearly and father might be strict on making sure she had found the right mate, he always showed her constant fatherly love.

Her uncle and aunt loved her dearly. She had known love all of her life. She couldn't imagine another being not having what she had always known. Maybe if they got along and fell in love he would know what she had always had in her life.

His intentions seemed genuine and definitely was looking forward getting to know this individual. He had great gifts and probably would get to know more gifts that he had like she was learning herself.

I must say Bergan it saddens me to hear of your life as I have never had such a life. My father is Emporer Jason Cromwell and my mother is Neferine De la Croix-Cromwell. They live in Kiene and are very active in council. They are very loving parents and were sad when I moved away. I am a princess of Deltora and also a princess of Wahallia from my mother's side.

I have an uncle who I love dearly, Amladris De la Croix who is my mother's brother. He can be a little rough around the edges but once you get to know him he is a caring and loving man. My aunt Ermalyse who is my mother's sister is dying which is a complicated story but has entrusted the De la Croix family in my hands until she returns, which is also a complicated story. Something I am not entirely understanding myself but as I have said, I'm still learning the ways of my family and myself.

Right now I am taking my rightly place as Princess of Wahallia so I am residing in the De la Croix castle. I have a castle in Cork called the Jardin de Lumiere that I had with my exhusband but it will be empty except for staff to take care of it until I can take care of it when my aunt returns but right now the De la Croixs need me now so living at the castle there will be better so if they need me I will be close by.

I was wondering if you wanted to take a trip to Fenia City to visit my uncle and aunt and their two children. I wasn't able to see them when my ex and I were married. I thought it would be a good start to get to know each other.

If you want you can meet me at the Town Hall in Cork tomorrow morning and I will have a carriage ready that is if you want to go. It is up to you of course Bergan.

Victorious finishes her plate of food and takes a sip of wine that Bergan had given to her.
Bergan

Post by Bergan »

Bergan’s eyes widened as Victorious informed him of her family tree. Not only was she a priestess, but also a princess. He felt rather silly asking if she also came from nobility. She most certainly did come from nobility, and it was nobility, and indeed royalty, who he, like most people with any modicum of intelligence was familiar with.

His aunt Faith had often spoke about the councils and the various rulers, and Emperors, as he was growing up. He wasn’t without noble status himself, and was indeed heir apparent to a very large stately home just on the borders of Spirus which employed full staff, and sat in some 10,000 acres of land. The lettings of the arable land to the faming community alone ensured that he would always be an extremely wealthy man.
But as for living within the estate, well this was something he could always do. But he chose to continue to live as a free spirit doing what he loved best, which was giving his healing powers to those in need, and working as a farrier, and a Smith. The former involving making surgically corrective shoes for horses with gait and hoof problems.

I must say Bergan it saddens me to hear of your life as I have never had such a life. My father is Emporer Jason Cromwell and my mother is Neferine De la Croix-Cromwell. They live in Kiene and are very active in council. They are very loving parents and were sad when I moved away. I am a princess of Deltora and also a princess of Wahallia from my mother's side.

“Oh that’s very kind of you to say so my lady. But I must declare, although I never knew fatherly love, he did take care of providing for my welfare, and I have inherited his estate and lordship. Now as for love? I think I was blessed more than most. My aunt, well at least I called her aunt, Aunt Faith. She showed me unconditional love, as have the many hundreds of animals I have had the privilege of restoring to health, and merely befriending.”
Victorious listened to his reply, and then continued to speak of her large family. He was enchanted by her. Despite her high breeding and position, she was without any trace of haughtiness, or arrogance, as he often heard tell of being a behavioural trait of the gentry. Instead, this lady was making his heart beat faster as she went on to say,
I was wondering if you wanted to take a trip to Fenia City to visit my uncle and aunt and their two children. I wasn't able to see them when my ex and I were married. I thought it would be a good start to get to know each other.

If you want you can meet me at the Town Hall in Cork tomorrow morning and I will have a carriage ready that is if you want to go. It is up to you of course Bergan.

Well, he really was struck temporarily speechless! Mainly by the knowledge that she had mentioned “Her ex husband” The picnic she so kindly invited him to join with had been simply perfect. Not once had he even considered that she could be married, or otherwise. He hoped now that his facial expression hadn’t betrayed him as he felt a sense of relief in knowing that she was apparently unattached.

Taking a deep breath he said.

. “My dear lady, I am most flattered that you should ask me to accompany you. I have no other business that can’t wait a few days, and I would welcome the chance to become better acquainted with you. It’s been a wonderful day, and I really don’t want it to end. I would love to meet you tomorrow, and also welcome the chance in meeting some of your family, though I fancy I should re adopt my true status as lord. I wouldn’t want them to think I was exploiting you.”

Bergan felt a little awkward in having to admit to himself that despite his choice in abandoning his roots, by mixing with the working classes of the land. It would be unacceptable to accompany such a lady of high renown in his guise as a Blacksmith. But moreover, if his relationship with this beautiful, and thankfully unattached lady were to progress, then there was no alternative but to use his full title.

He then took Victorious by the hand and lightly kissed the back of it.

“Thank you for a splendid time, I look forward to the morning.”
He then turned to the mare Princess, and kissed her softly on her muzzle before silently saying"Thank you Princess. You have a fine mistress there, and like you very beautiful"
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious loved the way Bergan looked at her. She was very intrigued with this man and knowing that he came from nobility also made her feel at ease that her father would accept him as a suitable suitor. It seemed he had a very large property in Kiene as she did in Cork.

She was delighted that he agreed to accompany her on the trip to Fenia City. Well I must say I am delighted that you would accompany me to Fenia City. I will be having my driver, Sean, take us there so please pack a few things for the trip and I will make sure to pack some food for along the way. I here it is a beautiful ride there.

This was a wonderful day after all especially meeting you here and it seems my Princess seems to fancy you a lot.

Victorious got up from the blanket and started packing her things and put them in the basket and hug it over Princess. She patted her head and gave her a kiss on the nose. You're such a beauty and so well behaved, I love you so. I guess it's time to head back home now Princess. She hopped onto Princess and said goodbye to Bergan.

Until we meet again, Bergan. May the Mages look after you on your ride back and give you a restful sleep. She blew him a kiss goodbye and was off to the De la Croix Castle to pack some things and get a good nights rest.
Bergan

Post by Bergan »

Bergan mimed a kiss of his own, and blew it back to her.

“ Goodbye Victorious, the joy has been marvellous. Step well Princess. Until tomorrow then.”
He stood and waved until she was well into the distance with a grin from ear, to ear. He couldn’t remember the last time he had felt so completely happy. After standing for what seemed like the whole duration of the events. He was woken from his daydream with a nudge in his back. Turning quickly there before him stood his own faithful warhorse Flynn.

“Flynn. C’mere lad I’d almost forgotten about you. Did you ever see two more beautiful ladies eh?” He said. Climbing up, and into the saddle. “Tell me Flynn, this isn’t a dream is it? I really have been invited to join lady Victorious on a trip tomorrow morning.” Laughing now he trotted away after receiving the affirmation he needed.