Welcome to Cork! [ Introduction Thread ]

Moderator: Community Team

Logo

Re: Welcome to Cork! [ Introduction Thread ]

Post by Logo »

Somewhere words flashed, "Logo, welcome to Cork!"
'Huh... wha...
Cork??? .... was I drinking with wood trolls again? ...
Ummm... how did I .... where the f...
What's this?
hmmm.... I'm fit. I'm wearing rags and I have messages?
"

Being a curious sort, Logo read the messages - two of them. Though they told him nothing of how a half-breed came to be in a 'cork,' the messages were helpful in an earnest and literal sort of way.
One never knew manner of wizard might be watching, so Logo behaved himself. He called out 'thank you!' just in case and dutifully ate some bread and set out looking for repute and trust.
Logo found a temple without a priest and took a job. The pay was awful but the non-existent boss more than made up for that. For a while he sat making games of tossing dream-pebbles into some sacrificial bowl and tying rune-knots in his rags.
He thought someone might come around to discuss medical benefits or retirement plans but the lack of supervision was just too tempting.
Logo crawled out of the temple through a window to explore the village. He kicked over rocks for evidence of gnomes or maybe ground monkeys -- found a market but the dead chickens were far to content for conversation -- passed a courtroom quickly on tiptoes -- made a note to visit whatever might swim in the castle's moat later when the moon was up -- swatted tree-branches hoping to smack a fairy nest.. Logo wandered ... until... he found a forum...
;)

"Hello, Cork!
I'm Logo.
I'm fit. I'm wearing rags and I have one loaf of bread, 50 f-somethings and 2 messages!. ;)
"
Patron of a more astucious criminal class
Life maybe a game, but izza onliest life imma know
firechild

Post by firechild »

*looking around in the strange town, she folds her wings and tucks them in behind her*Hello Everyone, I am visiting from Paz, It is good to see you all!
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Welcome! :D
firechild

Post by firechild »

Thank you Nathan! :) I am on my way now...I will return again even if it is more than a little quiet here.
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

Hello, all, my name is AuroraKiye, but many call me Arkie. I'm new in town, and am glad to see so many friendly people.
If you see me, I'd be happy to talk with you and learn of any trick or hint you might share.
Cara Marie

Post by Cara Marie »

"Welcome to Cork"
firechild

Post by firechild »

My God I am glad to be back in a province where things make sense! let me tell you this... if you want cheap goods go to Fenia! but be careful of their laws and the puffed up ego of their 'Spokesperson' or what ever the hell his title is...Yes, he is so impressed with himself and his shiny new title he cannot see that his cheap goods are a gold mine for a trader! Anyone want to come with me next time I go there?? :lol:
Xenil

Post by Xenil »

now thats a bit immature. if you sold your carcasses for as much as you tried to sell them in Paz and possibly Bravia (I have not seen them) I dont blame them for telling you it was too high, its too high here, they may have even saved you some time. of course take it offensive and do whatever you can to do what you can to an already strained relationship though. why not? and tbh we got a bunch of stuff that could be classified "too much". Ive seen fish for .10 frz away from 20 frz. :roll: Im going to have to travel Fenia soon so I can write a travel guide on Fenia or something, and anyways this is way off topic and apologize but just could not let someone slightly bash someone else that would most likely not post here in Bravia inn forums. and my name is Xenil, and I am from Paz. Ive been to your city once for a couple of minutes and that was it but the couple of minutes was pleasant. hope to spend more time in it next time. thank you
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

It is a bit off topic, but i've heard from other merchants that they've gotten in trouble with the law there. So, lesson learned, please find out the laws and respect them. Cork has a totally free market, sell and buy whatever you like. If you try to sell too high, no one will probably buy it, but you won't wind up in jail or harassed :)
firechild

Post by firechild »

hmmm...Xenil, for some reason that name is familar. I cannot quite place you though. For your information, and it is purely for your benefit, I was bashing no one and made no direct references to any single individual. If you find a name in that comment then I would be happy to apologise to the carrier of that name. However, there is not one so it could be anyone. As for the prices of my goods they seem to sell just fine. As a matter of fact, I have not one thing left and I am quite happy with my profits. Enjoy your time in Fenia, just be careful of their laws. :roll:

Now I know where I have seen you Xenil.... you are the one selling a strawberry for 18F... Talk about the kettle and pot! sheeze :roll: