[RP] The cottage in the woods

Moderator: Community Team

AuroraKiye

Re: [RP] The cottage in the woods

Post by AuroraKiye »

"Bread? Fresh bread? I would love some!" Arkie takes the offered hand and shakes it in friendliness. "Seems by the time I work all day, baking isn't something I feel up to. You have a very nice place here. Very tidy, very welcoming. Oh, that means.." she paused. "Then your grandmother died recently? I'm so sorry for your loss. Mine died.. well, it all happened some time ago, but the pain is easing some."
She enters the house at the invitation, and is immediately hit with a Vision. Reeling, hit by a power, she braces herself on the wall. She looks around, Seeing a lovely elderwoman welcoming her and smiling proudly at the girl behind her.
Her voice is but a bare whisper, "Your grandmother was a very strong force. She loved you and was very proud of you. But..." she pauses, trying to See what is bothering the grandmother. "There is something more. Perhaps. There is a pain... a worry for you. There was a strong worry, concern for you, for your wellbeing. That is one reason why you were named heir to this place."
Arkie jerks back to reality. She looks at Shamalee. "You do resemble her, you know. The color of your eyes, your hair. But there is more. I just can't tell you yet. She's forbidden me." Arkie shrugs, and waits, watching the smile on Shamalee's face.
Shamalee

Post by Shamalee »

Her smile turned a bit stiff as Shamalee listened to Aurora talk of Nana and she blinked confusedly. "Do you see spirits? Yes, my Nana had power and keyed all wards to our blood. I should be reasonably safe here, although life is quite quiet. I usually keep to myself." Pushing back a strand of flame-coloured hair that had loosened from the thick braid at the back of her hair, she led Arkie to the kitchen where some of the bread was already cooling. "If you talk to them too, tell her not to worry." She sighed and turned to pick up a few of the small loaves. "It is sweet bread, my grandmother's recipe. I used to love being here as a child and watching her bake bread."

For a few heartbeats, Fia stood silent before the smile reappeared. "Sorry, I am terrible today. Would you like some tea? If you have been working all day, you must be very tired!"
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

"Do I see Spirits? Well, no, not really, not often. But this one is strong, and still bound to this place for some reason. She's looking after you, it seems," Arkie pauses. "She can still hear and see you." She stops and looks at Shamalee's face.
"I'm sorry if I spoke out of turn, I've never really been able to do this. Your Nana's spirit and magic are very strong. And very comforting. But I'll say nothing else."
Arkie nods. "Tea, sweetbread, and pleasant company. What an excellent way to spend an afternoon. Thank you." She exhales, "Tired? Yes, my lady. Chopping wood all day long is, however, getting easier I find."
Shamalee

Post by Shamalee »

"I've been doing a whole lot of gathering wood recently as well, I feel you pain. Literally." Shamalee placed a kettle on the tripod next to the fire to heat some water and grinned before ruefully rubbing her arms. "I really should go to the market again to sell my surplus."
The water boiled quickly while she measured the dried leaves and pieces of fruit into the teapot and filled it with water, standing it on the large oaken table in the middle of the room.
"Do you have far to travel every day? I only moved here not long ago and before, when Nana was alive, I only visited as a child. I really only know my way from here to the market and back. Is there anything I should visit?"
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

"Somewhere to visit? Well, I go to the market, I enjoy seeing the people and the colors of the goods. Then, I've been known to stop in at the tavern, for a wee dram, or a pint. Sometimes, it just seems to be what I thirst for." AuroraKiye stops to sip her tea, then nods, looking at SharmaLee. "Excellent tea, thank you. Do you like honey? I believe I know where there is a hive, in a dead tree. Would go fantastically well with this tea."
She stops, and looks at SharmaLee's face. There seems to be a trace of sadness around the eyes, that even when SharmaLee smiles never fades. "Deeper in the forest than I normally go, there's a small spring. I go there about once or twice a week. It seems there, like the world fades away. I've no idea, but I swear there are faeries there. I know some of the Wee Folk tend to be, well, spiteful or mean, but I leave them a bite of food. I've come to treasure my time there, the absolute peace and quiet is so comforting."
She sips from her tea and takes a bite of bread, savoring it's flavor. "There's nothing like good bread, or tea. Thank you." Sipping and nibbling a bit more, she thinks of one more place to tell SharmaLee about.
"I have a friend. He lives not far from here. He's quite nice, but gets few visitors. You might already know him, he's the mayor of this town. Name of Adonair. Have you met him?"
Shamalee

Post by Shamalee »

She nodded while listening to Aukie and she told herself that she would go and visit some of these places soon, especially that spring. "I have heard of Adonair, but not met him in person, no. I was still quite young last time I was here and if Nana introduced me to anyone, I can't remember." Smiling, she poured herself another cup of tea and hovered with the pot over Aukie's cup. Something sprang to her mind and she pursed her lips in thought. "I heard that a friend from my childhood was supposed to have moved here recently too. I have written a letter, but not delivered it yet. Do you know where the home of the Braeden's is?"
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

"Braeden Caislean? Do you mean the Braeden Caislean? It's on the top of a hill. I believe from here it lies to the .." she pauses, thinking and looking out the window. "I can't remember right now, which way it lies, but I believe if you go to town, you should be able to see it. The hill is quite large, and the Braeden Caislean is rather noticeable. I believe it's protected by some strong majiks, but I'm not too sure that's who you mean."
She nods and then sighs. "I'd best be on my way, but I thank you most sincerely for your hospitality. Thank you, it was very refreshing to meet someone as nice as you, and very truly, thank you for the bread and tea. Maybe I'll bake some of my cookies soon. If I find that honey, I'll make some honey wafers. Light, melt in your mouth. They're a lot of work, but so utterly fabulous, I bake them sometimes during the year."
She stood up, dusting off her hands on her clothes. "I'd offer an invitation to my house. Except I don't have one. Thank you, so kindly for all your kindness."
Shamalee

Post by Shamalee »

"You don't have a house? But where do you stay?", Shamalee blurted out the words before thinking how that might sound and blushed, clapping her hand in front of your mouth. "I am sorry, Aukie, I don't want to be nosy. Besides, you're welcome to visit me again." Carefully she wrapped two of the cooled loaves into a some paper and handed them to her visitor. "I hope you will enjoy them, they toast well too, in a day or two. And honey waffles sound delicious, I would love to try some." An affliction of the elvish side of her family, they all had a terribly sweet tooth.

Shamalee brought Aurora to the edge of the clearing, offering her that she could help bringing wood to the forest, if she ever needed any. "Do come again, it is nice to have finally met someone and I enjoyed your visit."
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

AuroraKiye heard the question about where she lived, but refrained from answering. She would have to be able to get a place of her own, soon.. after her completion of some untidy business.
Walking to the edge of the property with SharmaLee, she enjoyed the calmness and cool of the evening. "You've a pleasant place here. It was very kind of you to invite me in.
"Maybe you'll come with me some time to the Tower to visit my friend. He's almost always alone when I go. He acts as if he loves company, and seems to be making tea when I arrive." She continues, "He has ever so many books. I believe no one could ever read all of them. But, unless I miss my guess, he has. He does make a mean cup of tea. Perhaps, " she paused, thinking for a minute, "it isn't the same flavor as yours, I have no idea about teas. I think though it's a different flavor."
Reaching the edge of the clearing, she stopped and looked back at the cottage. "You've a very nice place. Very nice. I hope you live in happiness and health here. If you'd like to come to the forest with me, I'll be at the edge of the forest by the bridge at first light. I will NOT go into the forest until the sun comes up. There are some things that don't reward the risk enough. At least not for me." Quickly before SharmaLee can protest, Arkie hugs her and walks back into the brush and small trees that skirt the garden's property.