[RP] Thorn's Little Castle

Moderator: Community Team

Rieron

Re: [RP] Thorn's Little Castle

Post by Rieron »

Rieron stared at Thorn even faced as she spoke of her finished tasks and what she wanted to do at the moment. He was actually a bit surprised to find her finished with her duties so quickly during the day time and even more surprised that she found where he was hiding at in the forest. Rarely did she step out of her manor and into the surrounding forest which seemed to encroach itself around her manor; let alone to look for him there knowing his mount 'the cold one' was always near him in that territory. However, he welcomed the surprised appearance quietly to himself and just gazed at her eyes remaining silent until she finished her words.

"Sorry to disappoint you human.. I have been training my body and my skills rather much lately and so thought it necessary now to take a break and try something else for once" Rieron said in a normal tone before she leaned in to kissed him suddenly then settle on the ground against him almost too casually. "Getting bolder everyday aren't we human.." he said with a small smirk thinking that the daily training had definitely been making her into different person as more time passed. She took the book from his hands and looked over at the pages, not being able to decipher what was inscribed in them. Rieron chuckled knowing she wasn't going to for a long time either way but he listened to her words not commenting much further on the book while she handed it back to him.

"That you got your powers back that 'night'... was well very unexpected indeed in my opinion human. I have a feeling though that trying to understand and channel the power you have within might be harder than it was gaining them back. Nothing is impossible however, and whether its in my field of expertise or not, maybe with some additional clues we can find out how far your power reaches..." Rieron grinned at her feeling a little excited about it but not showing too much of it on his expression.
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn smirked at Rieron and nodded at him.

I think you need keeping on your toes more duende, she laughed softly, settling more comfortably once he had the book again, knowing she had a little way to go yet. Looking at his book Thorn wondered about it, and about several things, including the skills she was relearning. She had fought against the knowledge for so long, and now she wanted to know more, and almost wished her sister was still around. Sighing she looked away a moment, clearing her head of her thoughts, not wanting to loose her mood.

Hearing Rieron's words about her powers Thorn nodded, looking back at him, knowing only at how shocked she had been, but curious too. Thorn did not try to guess why she had re-acquired old skills, skills she had not previously got to perfection, too busy had she been on ignoring them.

I have yet to work out exactly what I am able to do, Thorn said slowly, thinking that while she could speak to Rieron telepathically, she was unsure how far her 'skills' went. I would appreciate help with learning more Rieron... if you think you can, or know how?
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron shrugged for a moment not knowing what to tell her about her powers since he didn't really know a lot about telepathy to begin with. The only thing he had been taught about it was how to counter the power or block it completely in the field of battle should it ever been needed against an enemy, nothing more. He remained quiet for a long moment thinking to himself what could be done to help her grow her powers and learn to control them but every choice that came to his mind was not an easy one at all.

"I dont know just how much help I can be in this matter Thorn..." He paused briefly then continued "but we can try expanding your powers by communicating more with the use of your mind other have your voice and also...you could try 'purposely' reading the minds of other creatures.." Rieron said looking down at his book and flipping through the pages lazily. "The last time this happened it was too difficult for you because their emotions came into play and they meddled with yours. Unfortunately I dont seen any other way to master your power than doing this again and getting your mind used to it.."
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn listened to Rieron and as he ended she smirked and leant forward to reach for his book.

Don't look down, she thought to him. I'm here not there... chuckling she asked aloud, How am I doing?

How can we 'expand' my powers?
Thorn asked, looking at him with interest and curiosity. I already talk to you through thought at times Rieron. She pauses thinking of others and shivered not convinced she really wanted to know their minds too. I am willing to try, but only those I feel comfortable doing it with.

There is an area I do want to explore... not right now, but later, when I understand my abilities,
Thorn started to say, her mind going back to when her sister had taken her to the different realms. Thorn would like to learn how. She knew she would with time, but first would need to learn how. I visited... was taken to different realms, and Thorn went on to explain the even, and why it had happened, telling him she had not had a clue how. When she had finished talking Thorn looked at Rieron, curious to know what he thought.
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron shock his head as she tried to reach for his book and pulled it away from her just on time with a small grin. He listened to her words and thoughts then shrugged slightly before speaking to her in a normal voice "When you speak to me through thoughts you don't feel or hear 'everything' that truly goes on in my mind..I made it so this way with the help of a fellow sorceress of my House back on Naggaroth who conjured an enchantment before I was gifted my current sword.." He chuckled for a moment thinking about something now distant in his mind as he pushed his sword away before he continued "Believe me you wouldn't want to be inside my head completely human, there are somethings which are much better left locked away in the darkest corner of my mind.."

He shock his head again thinking to her the word 'naive' with a hint of tease before he spoke again aloud "You need to be put in a situation where you are exposed to multiple minds, thoughts, emotions, and so forth yet every time you have done that you start straining too quickly then soon afterwards tend to shut your mind before any real progress can come about.." Rieron sighed then thought about her journey through different realms with her sister as she explained it then looked down at her seriously but with a little worry not noticeable in his facial expression but more in his aura "Now trying that without assistance might be very reckless human..You are right on one thing and that is you need to learn how to control your current powers more before moving on to this.."
thorn

Post by thorn »

As Thorn travelled towards Cork her mind was busy, going back to the last chat she had had with Rieron the previous week. She shook her head to herself, remembering how they had been discussing the powers... the magic... She sighed thinking how for so long she had fought against knowing, even acknowledging her so called heritage. After that day Thorn had got it into her head to go see her father, get answers, find out why. So she had left a note on the mantleshelf in the main room for Rieron, and just gone.

When Thorn had reached her old home, the house so changed. The outside looked shabby, the land surrounding over grown. Thorn had been shocked, curious that her father would allow that to happen. Reaching the door Thorn had knocked to find no answer and it was with a sinking feeling she had tried the door and found it open, unlocked. Stepping through the doorway Thorn saw immediately why there was no answer. Cobwebs and dust everywhere. Looking round her, Thorn had seen with sad eyes at the abandonment that she witnessed. No sign of her father. Nothing.

Now Thorn neared her Manor, home. She was emotionally drained. No nearer an answer. None the wiser. Yet she was unsure how much her father could have helped if she had found him. It had all stemmed from her mother, long dead years before. She, Thorn was the last, her sister also gone this past year. As the Manor came into sight Thorn looked about her, the season beginning its change from summer to autumn, the air cooler and crisp. She shivered slightly and pulled her cloak tighter. As she followed the path that led to the bridge that would take her over the moat, the bridge opening onto the courtyard at the front of the Manor, the lawn to one side, the stables the other. Slowly Thorn walked to the doors, and quietly she entered... home.
thorn

Post by thorn »

It had been a few weeks since her return and Thorn was no further forward than before she left on her quest. She had cut herself off from the town pretty much, not going near people, not having seen the dark elf in a week or so. Her mind going to him she sighed. She no longer knew anything about anything. Thinking back to when she had seen him after her return, seeing him briefly in the tavern Thorn had been greeted so abruptly it had left her reeling. She had avoided the places she knew to find him since and that had extended to the town.

Thorn left the Manor bu the side door and headed slowly out into the garden. She wanted to be outside, get fresh air, but did not want to risk seeing anyone. She had decided there was a need right now to decide when and who she saw. There was thinking to be done, and changes. It felt as though for too long she had been an extension, not Thorn in her own right, not the person that those who mattered would remember.

Looking round herself Thorn sighed. The day was not the warmest, autumn fast approaching, and she saw how the garden had become neglected. In places plants needed pruning, leaves lay all over the path, a broken branch hung, still partly connected from a tree. The garden like her life needed to change.

As she walked Thorn thought about her family, the search for answers that had resulted in realising how alone she had become. It worried Thorn that her father could vanish and she had not been aware of it. Yet her connection with him had always been distant. Thorn hated having her powers back, conscious how little she knew, how much she had to learn. Thorn wished her sister was alive. She knew her help would have been invaluable, her knowledge extensive. Instead Thorn would have a long way to go to learn more. She shrugged at the thought and decided if that was the case then so be it.
thorn

Post by thorn »

Thorn walked away from Cork after visiting the tavern. She had gone earlier for no apparent reason other than to see life. She had spent the last few days in solitary confinement, spending the time thinking. So much was in her head and yet all of little consequence if she put them where they belonged. That included being made a foe by the one person she had trusted, and she knew this was a continuation of their anger, but she refused to respond. Pointless and beneath her. Earlier as she had walked to the tavern she had done so quietly, her head held high and her back straight, having decided she would take her life back as her own.

The visit to the tavern had turned out to be surprisingly pleasant. Some honest talking, an apology and meeting new people had left Thorn wondering why she had stayed away for so long. Yet she knew why. It had been easier. She chuckled to herself as in the distance the trees that shielded the Manor came into sight, remembering the cat that had strolled in bold as brass, making friends with all there. She thought about the female... half elf, Thorn thought. Her threat to eat the cat had initially annoyed Thorn, but she laughed now.

Thorn smiled as she pictured the cat again. It was a beautiful creature, and she wondered at his name, realising he probably did not have a home or owner.